Why complain about Leveling?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
Yea guys&gals, its not like this process used to take a much shorter amount of time, I love leveling a new alt, after leveling multiple toons way faster before in pre patch 7.3.5. Then blizzard decided "Hey you know what would make people "Feel" real good about their toon, running through 3 to 4 days of outdated content to get to the real game"
I honestly don't know what people are complaining about.
TLDR: Leveling isn't broken, you just think it is cuz you have to work for it instead of afk'ing in LFG/Random BG's.

Well aren't you a nasty person insulting anyone who holds a different opinion than yourself.. That aside I have leveled quite a few toons. Did Lore Master on four before achievements were shared. I have leveled prior to this change and afterwards. When I am questing in WOD it takes forever to kill something. Once I get to Legion at 98 without changing gear I can kill stuff with about 3 hits. This had been tested on a monk, blood knight and demon hunter as I am currently finishing up the 12 classes for their mounts.

Leveling now takes longer and there was no good reason for the change other than to make it take longer. I do not AFK while leveling. I stay away from dungeons now as they are a time waste.

The next time you want to post something why not be kinder.
Because they are artificially making it take longer due to their internal metrics requiring x hours per month played so that they can pretend the game is still fine with less subscribers. It’s the new paradigm. I expect it to get worse as changes like these encourage players to leave which means more time gating tricks.

For me: I like leveling. If it’s efficient. But 100 levels. Ugh. Why. I’ve already did every expac multiple times. When current. Etc. it’s boring now. There is very little to look forward to. Especially since what I enjoy most is playing the new toon in the end game and seeing what a different game perspective is all about.

Personally I’d love to enjoy the downtime before launch by leveling allied races for fun.

However. Leveling isn’t fun.

So I skip it and decide to take a break from the game instead.

07/29/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Shadowgwar

I'm leveling a shadowpriest (one of the worst pre-patch specs), and went from 60-80 in about 8 total hours. I did the traditional way...Hellfire, Zangarmarsh Nagrand, Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, Icecrown.

I only did 3 of the zones on each continent, didn't even get the achieve for completing the zone and STILL managed to get to 80 with the only breaks being 3 dungeons as shadow (with a 23 minute queue all 3 times).

So what is all the griping about? I distinctly remember having to hit EVERY SINGLE ZONE while leveling in those places during current content, and now you can skip 3-4 zones per continent.

Killing stuff is slower, and I can only take max 4 mobs at a time...but overall the leveling is STILL faster than when it was current. So why is there nothing but endless !@#$%ing about leveling on the forums and on reddit? It's still super easy and still fast, you just have to quest now instead of "hurr durr dungeon spam".

TLDR: Leveling isn't broken, you just think it is cuz you have to work for it instead of afk'ing in LFG/Random BG's.

Also to just direct quote your hilarious and bait post: who gives a !@#$ about what old content was like a decade plus ago. The leveling experience should zoom past those zones since you have 2x as many to go through.

If you think this is “working towards something” you’re mentally deficient. How is trotting from point a to b for the 20th time challenging/earning or whatever new buzzword you want to come up with. Lol.
07/29/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Kalyeatrish
07/29/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Shadowgwar
But even as "not easy" leveling, in it's current state, isn't nearly as bad as it has been in the past. Gain some perspective.

It's taking around 100-110 hours since 7.3.5. Classic was 120-150 hours. We're only 10 hours away from it taking as long as classic, where the leveling *was* the content.

Its amazing the number of people who where super amazing levelers pre 7.3.5 and utterly horrible now.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/proudmoore/mullder 2 days 12 hours

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/proudmoore/nowhery 2 days 5 hours so far

Tauren Shaman Nov 2004 to Jan 2005 on Blackrock 18 Days! with probably another 3-4 days spent watching the queue clock count down.

I generally find 60-80 the slowest with the most boring quests. But its not horribly far off. I have done it 3 times in around 12 hours each time post 7.3.5 It would be nice if that was reduced by 2-4 hours.
07/29/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Shadowgwar
07/29/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Dremin
I'm just not a moron that thinks videogames should be work instead of enjoyable.

I enjoy questing and leveling, and in the grand scheme of things it's really not that much work. But people seem to think leveling should be easy. It's almost like you want a free 110....

To be honest I'm happy they made questing mobs harder to kill...now I have to pay attention and engage with my toons more rather than just mass pull all the things and afk to win.

You claimed it took you 8 hours...for just 20 levels...So if i go to work for 9 hours, you want me to sit down and grind content we seen multiple times "but at a slower rate." for 8 hours which means 17 hours of my day spent total because i want to level an allied race? which also happens to be a reskin of a already current race. And no im not going to spend 60.00 on a character boost that is the equivalent of buying a brand new video game. Leveling was fine the way it was before with heirlooms, its their fault for making them purchasable with gold and it is also their fault we are having this conversation because they decided to add a 110 purchasable on an MMO. And as for people saying its nostalgic, enjoy the game and world as intended- CLassic wow is coming out, we dont need current wow to be any more boring and tedious than it needs to be
07/29/2018 10:51 PMPosted by Worgfang
Yea guys&gals, its not like this process used to take a much shorter amount of time, I love leveling a new alt, after leveling multiple toons way faster before in pre patch 7.3.5. Then blizzard decided "Hey you know what would make people "Feel" real good about their toon, running through 3 to 4 days of outdated content to get to the real game"

I used to be able to go from 1-60 in the current time it takes me to go from 10-40...
07/29/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Vaulkor
People complain because they just want things easy. How dare blizzard make anything harder. These people have call of duty to play.

Its not a matter of making it easy, its a matter of taking something that was fine and making it worse. Stop defending them, it is obvious they are focusing the spotlight on character boost. They nerfed recruit a friend exp from 300% to 50%... they reduced the stats on heirlooms compared to normal items at that level substantially. and on top of that they made mobs take longer to die. If you cant see the business stand point of whats going on than you are the exact people they are feeding off of. And to make it more enticing they add allied races. Do you think people really want to go back and level those when they can just race change or boost? Boosting is already an unhealthy quality for any MMO to have and now they lowered the bar to the point that many MMOs have it now or in some way shape or form.
07/29/2018 11:44 PMPosted by Mate
07/29/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Kalyeatrish

It's taking around 100-110 hours since 7.3.5. Classic was 120-150 hours. We're only 10 hours away from it taking as long as classic, where the leveling *was* the content.

Its amazing the number of people who where super amazing levelers pre 7.3.5 and utterly horrible now.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/proudmoore/mullder 2 days 12 hours

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/proudmoore/nowhery 2 days 5 hours so far

Tauren Shaman Nov 2004 to Jan 2005 on Blackrock 18 Days! with probably another 3-4 days spent watching the queue clock count down.

I generally find 60-80 the slowest with the most boring quests. But its not horribly far off. I have done it 3 times in around 12 hours each time post 7.3.5 It would be nice if that was reduced by 2-4 hours.
Wait for classic wow servers, there was no need to have such a change on current regardless of how you look at it.
The major issues, for me, were the loss of options and terrible implementation.

Scaling in itself was a grand idea but extending the XP requirements wasnt needed. The gear from quests are all over the place and starting gear on an Allied Race can be better than anything you get in vanilla if you choose the "wrong" zones which entirely goes against the idea of the scaling. Zone structure also slowed you down as, when it was current, you would have had enough power to handle certain mobs/areas/bosses , but now cant because they grow stronger with you, dont adhere to GCD changes, and have skills many classes cant handle at their level.

You want to level slowly? Have at it, enjoy it, best of luck to you. But there was no reason to blanket slow down everyone and then remove any other options for leveling that had been in place, some being there the majority of the game's life. More options are always a good thing, trying to railroad the players and not even doing it well is bad design.

You start allied races equiped with level 30 greens. No matter what zone your not going to get upgrades fast. I have seen this complaint before. What exactly are you looking for as a solution that allied races should start with worse gear so they need upgrades sooner?

4 characters since 7.3.5 Pre 8.0 I have never come across a mob I couldn't kill while questing . Yes 8.0 with its bugs has a lot.

I don't like to level slowly, I enjoy figuring out the best way to level, I certainly prefer that I don't run around 1 shotting everything. The important thing is leveling to 110 in 2.5 days instead of 1.5 days too slow? For me the answer is no.
Because most todays players are not the same players we were 10+ years ago.

1. Starting a game is amazing. But redoing and repeating the same content for 15367th time isnt. One day you get burnt of it and after lvling alot of toons most people are tired of it. (if you are 1 of every 10 which like it, grats)

2. During Vanilla-WoTLK there was always something which motivated you to keep lvling like the skill ranks, unlocking talents every 5 lvls or even the class quests. It was more "free" now everythinfg is locked,its a new skill every 10 lvls and talent every 15 (without counting passives rows) Its slow and boring AF. Theres is no motivation. Yeah,you want "X" skill. But then you notice you are missing 8 lvls of using the same 4 keys only to unlock 1.

3. Life advance. Some players have grown up and are adults now, most of us have jobs including fulltime, many have families to take care of and to spend time. We dont have the "8+ free hours to play everyday" we used to have 13 years ago when we were at school and college.

Also, some of us spend time playing other games, not "WoW only".
Boring is subjective. What may be boring and tedious for some, may be a fun and engaging experience for others.

I notice people on these forums are quick to label anyone who has a different opinion as being a troll, which is sad because they automatically invalidate other people's opinions and feelings. Why does your opinion and thoughts mean more than mine?

Personally, leveling for me has been more engaging due to being able to cast my full rotation. Moreover, heirlooms plus warmode enabled while questing makes leveling pretty fast. For me, the combination of being able to cast my full rotation and still manage to level decently fast is satisfying and engaging.

So please don't insult others like myself, who happen to enjoy this content and invalidate our opinions by making your opinions seem superior because you said so, or by calling us trolls. Moreover, a troll in my eyes is someone who post snide one sentence comments that adds nothing to the discussion.
OP, the reason people complain about leveling is that, despite your claims to the contrary, everybody else has found it slower, rather than 4 times as fast as classes that previously were the fastest. And on the most painful class to level hands down, no less, you blinked and found yourself magically at level 80!

Video or it didn't happen.

It didn't happen.
Tell you people what you want slower leveling move over to classic and dont use Looms while you're here you can enjoy your dull lackidismal leveling methods then. When it there's 100 to 120 levels of this after the I want to say 18th time it is insipid. I work a full time job and come home and take care of my kids and mother in law. I don't want to do a third job doing something that is supposed to relieve stress not add to it.
07/30/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Cyrille
Tell you people what you want slower leveling move over to classic and dont use Looms while you're here you can enjoy your dull lackidismal leveling methods then. When it there's 100 to 120 levels of this after the I want to say 18th time it is insipid. I work a full time job and come home and take care of my kids and mother in law. I don't want to do a third job doing something that is supposed to relieve stress not add to it.

I never really understood the argument of "wow feels like work." do you need to level in a specific time frame or even need to get another character to 110? Maybe it is just a different mind set when coming to the game.

Leveling did feel longer than it was before but it never felt like work when I got any of my new toons up but I've never felt it was like a second or third job.

Not dismissing your complaint, just don't personally relate to it.
While leveling my new character I find it sad that I get 3 times more exp for picking a flower or mining a rock then killing an elite that I barely beat. Monster kill exp is way too low currently. They nerfed the kill speed alot but didn't increase the reward for kiling the stuff.
I work a full time job and come home and take care of my kids and mother in law.

I work a full time job and have two kids, but I still love the new leveling process.

I don't want to do a third job doing something that is supposed to relieve stress not add to it.

How is leveling stressful? Because it takes a little longer to kill something? Because it's not a mindless dungeon spam? Because you actually have to put effort in to get to 110 now?

It's amazing how many people in this thread just want level 110's handed to them without having any sort of effort associated with the reward. Some people have had valid complaints, like the stat squish making certain quest mobs unkillable, or herbs/ore granting more exp than elite kills. Valid complaints. But most of the responses in this thread is "OP's a troll" or "OP's wrong cuz waaaaah my exp".

07/30/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Realproblems
I notice people on these forums are quick to label anyone who has a different opinion as being a troll, which is sad because they automatically invalidate other people's opinions and feelings. Why does your opinion and thoughts mean more than mine?

Personally, leveling for me has been more engaging due to being able to cast my full rotation. Moreover, heirlooms plus warmode enabled while questing makes leveling pretty fast. For me, the combination of being able to cast my full rotation and still manage to level decently fast is satisfying and engaging.

So please don't insult others like myself, who happen to enjoy this content and invalidate our opinions by making your opinions seem superior because you said so, or by calling us trolls. Moreover, a troll in my eyes is someone who post snide one sentence comments that adds nothing to the discussion.

^ This guy gets it.
61-80 is still very slow even after the hotfix. Been doing quests for three hours now and I got 5.5 bars. Monsters still take a lot of hits (not as much as before hotfix but still a bit). I am fully geared in heirlooms. Just slow. On the other hand, the rogue I am leveling (30 atm), is breezing right through. So, 61-80 is still not working as intended.
60 80 in 8 hours? Massive bull crap.
07/29/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Permanent
Because folks have already levelled.
Let's face it: seeing everything the first time is neat, it's really fun, that's half the reason get hype for an expac. Old content, well, it's old. You're doing everything you did and not much faster than before.

It's like replaying old singleplayer games: it's only as fun if it's been a while since you played and/or you *really* liked the game.

Welcome to the world of MMOs.

If you want multiple characters you have to level them all. If you don't like it, don't do it.
07/29/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Shadowgwar

I'm leveling a shadowpriest (one of the worst pre-patch specs), and went from 60-80 in about 8 total hours. I did the traditional way...Hellfire, Zangarmarsh Nagrand, Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, Icecrown.

I only did 3 of the zones on each continent, didn't even get the achieve for completing the zone and STILL managed to get to 80 with the only breaks being 3 dungeons as shadow (with a 23 minute queue all 3 times).

So what is all the griping about? I distinctly remember having to hit EVERY SINGLE ZONE while leveling in those places during current content, and now you can skip 3-4 zones per continent.

Killing stuff is slower, and I can only take max 4 mobs at a time...but overall the leveling is STILL faster than when it was current. So why is there nothing but endless !@#$%ing about leveling on the forums and on reddit? It's still super easy and still fast, you just have to quest now instead of "hurr durr dungeon spam".

20 levels in 8 hours? My BS senses are giving me a migraine right now. It takes me to about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get a level *granted I'm not in the 60-80 bracket but that still doesn't change the fact that I'm leveling*. I only do quests, because dungeons aren't worth it with the lower exp and some completely broken encounters making some dungeons a complete guessing game on whether you can cheese something enough to get to the first boss *The archery thing in Scarlet Halls*. To say that you get 20 levels in 8 hours is utterly preposterous.