Unholy pvp after nerfs?

Death Knight
08/06/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Licher
08/02/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Slayersdk
Seems to be following the Legion launch.. over nerf Unholy like they butchered Apocalypse and make sure everyone is pigeon holed into playing the pleb Frost build aside from the lucky few that can get the precise gear to make Unholy viable-ish. Oh well it was fun while it lasted I guess... the spec is just cursed and not allowed to be good when it matters.

Wtf are you talking about? Im still averaging 8-2 most random BG's.

Just eat casters faces, stop trying to go toe to toe with other Melee!

Except Enh Shamans, lol..

The nerf is not on live yet. UH is very bad in beta.

Also most players play melee. The thought of UH having to be a squishy melee kiter and still losing most melee matchups is vomit enducing.
08/06/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Licher
08/02/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Slayersdk
Seems to be following the Legion launch.. over nerf Unholy like they butchered Apocalypse and make sure everyone is pigeon holed into playing the pleb Frost build aside from the lucky few that can get the precise gear to make Unholy viable-ish. Oh well it was fun while it lasted I guess... the spec is just cursed and not allowed to be good when it matters.

Wtf are you talking about? Im still averaging 8-2 most random BG's.

Just eat casters faces, stop trying to go toe to toe with other Melee!

Except Enh Shamans, lol..

On beta?

Because the nerfs aren't on live yet.

Also, BGs don't really tell the tale of anything regarding effectiveness of a class. They're far too random (go figure) to really tell the effectiveness of a class you need a testing platform that is in a vacuum and that's 3v3 arena.

In BG you could just roll over people because you out number them, because they're bad or because you have a healer close by. That really doesn't speak for the effectiveness of the class.
OMG! I was loving and having a blast on Unholy and planned on maining it for BFA.
However....
After this latest round of HEAVY HANDED uncalled for nerfs, I may go back on my Pally. Or use my boost and play warrior.
I Just can’t tolerate being SO DAMN trainable and squishy now. DK are a joke in PvP now.
is CACA
So did the changes hit live yet? I wont call them “nerfs” any longer because to me we still seem in a good spot on beta.
08/07/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Optímuskrayt
So did the changes hit live yet? I wont call them “nerfs” any longer because to me we still seem in a good spot on beta.
No and in pvp we are terrible in beta.
08/08/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Zoomoth
08/07/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Optímuskrayt
No and in pvp we are terrible in beta.

I disagree
In the most recent hotfixes (August 9th) Blizzard has changed some of the nerfs to unholy pvp. The original 25% nerf to virulent plague and it’s explosive damage has been reduced to 10%.

Wandering plague and necrotic strike absorb are unchanged.

Virulent Plague with unholy mutation is where most the damage comes from. So the nerf to the rot isn't so bad.
I have done 10 BGs on live after the nerf.

I have topped 9 BGs as unholy, sometimes doubling the next dps in terms of damage and was 16-1 in one of them.

Of the BG where I was second, we were getting rocked and had no heals.

Seems like from a numbers point of view...Unholy DKs are fine!

1v1..is a different story and usually doesn't end well unless I kite which is fine. Against ranged DPS...have biggest issue against MAGES that would wreck me.

Our single target/Burst dmg potential for unholy, even having popped apocalypse, is quite bad. DK Single target dmg hits like a wet noodle. I also don't underrstand how Festering Strike does like MORE damage than scourge strike basically (and with runes). I think Scourge Strike Damage definately needs to be buffed...or have an option to make festering RANGED (ala clawing shadows).

Most of the time..I play DKs mainly like a ranged class in random BGS and then opportunisitcally go in pop 2 festering strikes and apocalypse whenever it's up etc.

Overall, the nerf weakened us only slightly, but our single target is still really crap.
Our defensive abilities allow for escape (DA + wraith walk are great) but Death Strike is an embarassment and heals for almost nothing and takes way too much runic power.