Nathanos hesitated.

General Discussion
Let just be clear.

The being that was created by Sylvanas, who is literally the pet dog that would do anything for her, he's probably madly in love also. He would take his life without thinking about it if she told him to...

He !@#$ing hesitated. Let that sink in ...
Eh... Seeing some of the stuff he does in the Horde War Campaign in BFA i wouldn't look to much into it, probably not listening or something.
08/02/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Shifthappend
Let just be clear.

The being that was created by Sylvanas, who is literally the pet dog that would do anything for her, he's probably madly in love also. He would take his life without thinking about it if she told him to...

Because he knew I should have been the one to light the tree on fire ;)
08/02/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Zerolt
Eh... Seeing some of the stuff he does in the Horde War Campaign in BFA i wouldn't look to much into it, probably not listening or something.

You look like Snoop Dogg.
I didn't see it as hesitating so much as just snapping to attention when spoken to and taking a brief moment to ensure he had full clarification on his orders. When she initially made the order, her back was turned to him and she spoke softly.
08/02/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Woodspath
I didn't see it as hesitating so much as just snapping to attention when spoken to and taking a brief moment to ensure he had full clarification on his orders. When she initially made the order, her back was turned to him and she spoke softly.

This.
08/02/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Manazzle

You look like Snoop Dogg.

He does! Granted, a very same-sex preferenced Snoop Dogg, but still... definitely looks like Snoop.

We didn't say he wasn't a honorless corpse. We just think he was shocked by her as well as anyone.
Nathanos still retains his emotions from when he was alive. He tries to hide it from Sylvanas though its obvious if you watch him closely. Pretty sure they are setting him up as the next forsaken leader after raid boss Sylvanas.
08/02/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Khrava
Pretty sure they are setting him up as the next forsaken leader after raid boss Sylvanas.

Nah, that's for Calia Menethil.
08/02/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Evilmuffins
08/02/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Khrava
Pretty sure they are setting him up as the next forsaken leader after raid boss Sylvanas.

She might lead an alliance shoot off faction, not the horde forsaken.
I highly doubt Nathanos questioned for a second burning the tree.
08/02/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Khrava
08/02/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Evilmuffins

She might lead an alliance shoot off faction, not the horde forsaken.
This. Sylvanas ended any possibility of Calia being allied with the Horde when she killed her in the peace talks.
Watch the cinematic. He does not question burning the Tree but he is taken aback by it. The tree burning obviously was not planned as I am sure Nathanos of all people would know. The tree was an impromptu plan since Sylvanas (who was 20 yards away when Tyrande showed up) knows Malfurion lived.
I don't think he hesitated. Out of everything Sylvanas has done, I don't think burning the tree of their enemies would make Nathanos go "omg she went too far."
08/02/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Shifthappend
Let just be clear.

I think it was more of an "um, didn't you wanna capture it?" hesitation.

if you're reading some sort of doubt-of-her-leadership into his pause, that's not really there.
You know Sylvanas has taken the highway to Crazytown when even Nathanos looks at her all lolwut?
He's Forsaken so I'm not sure he can be madly in love. I did see hesitation but more of a stunned surprise at the order rather than hesitance to carry it out.
08/02/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Enara
He's Forsaken so I'm not sure he can be madly in love. I did see hesitation but more of a stunned surprise at the order rather than hesitance to carry it out.
He was the ranger lord of Lorderon, trained by Sylvanas in Quel'Thalas. They were lovers in life, he feels a lingering loyalty despite undeath.
Pretty sure he just wasn't paying attention