Prevent High-Level characters to gank Low-Level.

General Discussion
07/30/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Crescentbane
people fishing, doing pet battles

Toggle war mode off if these are your goals.
Its been part of the game since it launched. Low level ganking is essential to any MMO. Turn that warmode off if you cant take the heat.
I have a general rule when out and about in war mode. First If I see that you are lower level than me (IE 100 or below) I will hit you with a Hammer of Justice. Then i will wave at you, then bow. If you wave and or bow back then I say goodbye and I am on my way. If you spit on me or hit me with a spell I will kill you.

Its all in good fun.
Ganking is an intrinsic part of PvP. It is part of why most people did not play on PvP servers. If you don't like it then don't turn on warmode.
I used to have a similar opinion about world PVP. but now I realize it's a tactic to try and get you to run to town and tell trade, general or your guild that there is World PVP to be had.
07/30/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Zenthasha
Seems like all the people who answer with "turn war mode off, stop complaining!" all sit in low level areas hours on end killing low level players with no chance to fight back because they have way too much time on their hands and they derive enjoyment out of ruining other peoples fun.

Nope, I don't do that because it's not fun, not for me (because there's no challenge) and not for them (because it ruins their fun having to run back and forth from the graveyard). I only fight those who attack me, or those who are close to my level. That's it.

However I am also the type of person who is going to say "Yeah, don't have it turned on if you don't want to get killed." because that is literally one of the major risks that comes with using war mode. You will run into members of the opposite faction, and while some of them may let you just continue leveling without issue, others will kill you. That's part of the package deal.

You have the option to turn it off if you do not want to get attacked by people from the opposite faction. If you choose to turn it on, you have no right to complain when you get killed, because you willingly chose to subject yourself to that environment. End of story.
Ganking noobs and using vanish on CD when they get on their mains in Red Ridge Mountain is part of my class fantasy. Please dont tell me how to play my game. Thanks.
Bring back dishonorable kills!
How about, instead of preventing it, punishing it.
Killing 30 levels lower then you, after killing 5-10 of them, your put on the map, and do 5% less damage pur lowbie you kill after killing 5.
Here is a checklist for the upcoming expansion.

Are you bad at the game? >>> Warmode off.

Are you good at the game? >>> Warmode on.
07/31/2018 01:14 AMPosted by Khronno

Nah. Do I like War Mode? Yeah, a lot. But I'd say my win ratio is about 50/50 right now in 1v1 fights, and as powerful as Rogues are at the moment by all accounts, I'd guess that means I'm probably in the bottom 40% of Rogue players.

You don't have to be good to enjoy that style of gameplay.
Battlegrounds and Arenas are your options for "fair" PvP.

WPvP isn't fair. It shouldn't be. Sorry.

During wartime, do you think soldiers only attack people with the same level of experience? Do you think they wait around for numbers to be equal? Do they stand out in the open and wait for some hot girl in a bikini to wave a flag to start the race?

No.
07/31/2018 01:17 AMPosted by Regg
07/31/2018 01:14 AMPosted by Khronno

Nah. Do I like War Mode? Yeah, a lot. But I'd say my win ratio is about 50/50 right now in 1v1 fights, and as powerful as Rogues are at the moment by all accounts, I'd guess that means I'm probably in the bottom 40% of Rogue players.

You don't have to be good to enjoy that style of gameplay.

I feel ya! New updated checklist!

Can you handle getting killed without becoming so mad that you punch your monitor... >>> warmode on!

Are you a carebear and complain about anything that you feel has wronged you in any way? >>> warmode off!

Side note. I actually have an irl friend that has gone through 4 monitors in the past 2 years because he can't handle losing lol. (sorry if you see this bro!)
@Ricoshæ

So I don't like the idea. Not cause I go around ganking people, since this whole Warmode thing I've never killed anyone except when my lvl 50 warrior was attacked by a lvl 30 monk. He actually almost killed me, because I had around 5 or 6 mobs scaled to my level on me at the time.

Anyways I digress. Instead of this silly stuff about restrictions yadayada. What if our lower levels could buy into or set bounties? A new system in which lower levels that needed help could call for it. I tell you, if you told me someone was ganking you sure as !@#$ I would come out there (as long as I wasn't busy with something else). Sadly, this is a problem of what is it now, 6 separately instanced worlds.
They knee-jerk removed scaling last minute, IE a few weeks before 8.0 drop, and put nothing in its place. The problems now present, problems that existed since the beginning but originally because of technical limitations, exist right now because of a lack of insight in my personal opinion.

When they pulled scaling at the last minute, which I find their reasoning pretty weak considering its a PvP environment not a PvE environment, it the balance of the WPvP environment that they were trying to make into chaos and disarray.

Personally, I think the suggested method is absolutely the wrong way to go through. In my personal opinion one of two options needs to be put in place. Either Scaling in PvP needs to return across the boards and they need to spend the time working the kinks out, fixing the twink situation and absurd trinkets in the 70-80 range, OR they need to change sharding so that it takes level into account. The issue with the latter option is that it will create more barren areas in some locations which is counter intuitive to the whole wanting to revive WPvP and make it flourish and feel alive for everyone who wants it.

In my personal opinion, I truly believe that WPvP scaling needs to return. If a 110 decides to attack a level 40 and gets stomped, he should have no one else but himself to blame considering a 110 has many more skills, talents, pvp talents, tier, legos, ect to his disposal. It should come down more or less to skill with the 110 having a slight advantage.

I truly do not understand Blizzards mindset on this, probably one of the most important aspects of WPvP being tossed aside so casually and last minute. There has to be something more to it though I keep getting a bad gut feeling about the future of Warmode for anyone not in the current expansion level range, a feeling that it will be ignored and neglected which honestly blows my mind considering how much time, effort, and focus went into the leveling experience in 7.3.5...

Man I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for their meeting where they made the choice to pull the scaling... Just to have some insight into what actually went into the decision. Here is hoping it was just pulled so they could tune it internally and that it will return. I truly feel sorry for anyone not in the current expansion level range.

07/30/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Gorev
I see this thread going places...

Like to the Temple of Error 404s...

For...?
07/30/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Valaire
"Hey, lion. You are no longer allowed to attack prey that is smaller than you. Because that just isn't fair."

Actually...... in the wild, many prey animals don't attack the young of their prey, because it will end their own food supply. They instinctively know that.

Google: Lioness baby baboon video.

As for Warmode - It was my understanding the shards would scale everything including players like it does Mobs/NPCs. Apparently I hallucinated that. But if that were possible, it would solve the ganking instantly.
07/31/2018 01:20 AMPosted by Khronno
Side note. I actually have an irl friend that has gone through 4 monitors in the past 2 years because he can't handle losing lol.

Good lord, your buddy needs one of those cellphone screen protector things in monitor size then.

And hopefully a good doctor. One of these days he's gonna break his hand or cut the heck out of himself.