Good job Blizzard you accomplished your goal.

General Discussion
Pick your side has really become the best marketing ploy in history.
You have fueled a war between the player base and it worked! The advertisements you created are spot on to what is happening on this forum and the players.

I want to congratulate you on the perfect marketing, Well done!
08/01/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Tatar
You have fueled a war between the player base

I don't see how any of this has made me want to fight the Alliance.

I am only at odds with Blizzard.
08/01/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Shudder

I don't see how any of this has made you want to fight Blizzard.

I am only at odds with the Alliance.
FOR THE HORDE!!
I'm not mad at the Alliance at all. In the 12 years I've been playing this is the least I have ever cared about the faction war and most I've been pissed Blizzard felt they had to paint the Horde so badly to stoke it. Sure, the Alliance are pissed at the Horde, but half the Horde is also pissed at the Horde. All they accomplished was dumping a giant steaming !@#$ on their Horde player base.
Burning the tree was strategically sound.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20766787216
Blizzard is the new Legion...
08/01/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Shreds
I don't see how any of this has made you want to fight Blizzard.

Motivation. Good stories have them.

The Horde story has none.
It fuels the War mode. The hordes that don't agree will transfer alliance or create an alliance toon. It was smart its always been horde vs alliance the way it should be.
I never have, and never will play Horde...
If picking a side did not equal picking a race, that would be cool. I'd be joining the alliance just now really... Or just stay neutral with the earthen ring.

I don't like any of the alliance races enough to just straight up switch. Plus, I'm playing this guy since vanilla so it's kinda emotionally hard to leave him behind / race change him.
horde transfer/reroll boost ali toon = MONEY MONEY MONEY for bliz
Tactics, they has them
You have fueled a war between the player base and it worked! The advertisements you created are spot on to what is happening on this forum and the players.

Only people out of touch with reality or hardcore RPers are looking at this story and feeling inspired about their faction. Maybe its better for alliance, but this was an idiotic direction for the story when you consider the faction pride marketing. A huge chunk of the horde are left not caring. Warchief has become a revolving door and internal dissent doesn't mesh well with us vs. them.

Consider how hype many horde players were after blizzcon with that awesome cinematic where Sylvannas goes banshee and then shouts for the horde. Now imagine that same scene if she just bansheed out on some school kids and shouted the war cry and saurfang doesn't grab the flag and run forward. Hell of a lot less epic...
08/01/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Tatar
It fuels the War mode. The hordes that don't agree will transfer alliance or create an alliance toon. It was smart its always been horde vs alliance the way it should be.

I don't play Alliance past a single character simply to see the other side of the story.

I won't main Alliance because it isn't my bag. I would quit before I ever mained Alliance thus part of my contention with Blizzard.
Even though I'm a Night Elf, I'm not angry at the Horde and don't feel like fighting them. I feel empathy for the Horde.
08/01/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Shudder
You have fueled a war between the player base

"at odds with Blizzard"

LOL Let that statement sink in... What a hoot.

:-D)))
08/01/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Cean

Only people out of touch with reality or hardcore RPers are looking at this story and feeling inspired about their faction. Maybe its better for alliance, but this was an idiotic direction for the story when you consider the faction pride marketing. A huge chunk of the horde are left not caring. Warchief has become a revolving door and internal dissent doesn't mesh well with us vs. them.

Consider how hype many horde players were after blizzcon with that awesome cinematic where Sylvannas goes banshee and then shouts for the horde. Now imagine that same scene if she just bansheed out on some school kids and shouted the war cry and saurfang doesn't grab the flag and run forward. Hell of a lot less epic...

Pretty much this. I felt meh about factions before this prepatch. Now I’m over it.

It would have been great if they had managed to create a compelling complicated rich story where each faction has a justifiable point of view that players could get behind.

What’s currently happening is a ham fisted attempt and shoving faction pride at us with nothing real
Behind it.

It’s badically the same concept as the devs telling us the cloak quest was prestigious simply because they used the word prestigious.
It's just genius, they make a lot more money from faction change and that makes up for those saying they are cancelling their subs.

Mostly this is great at a pvp level it gives reason for the factions to hate each other and war is imminent there is now a lore reason for pvp.
I don't care at all about the faction conflict. I legit laughed out loud when I zoned into Darkshore and heard "FER THA HORRRDE" from Saurfang. And then again during the cinematic - I was laughing in disbelief like when Leia Poppins flew through space in the Last Jedi.

It doesn't make me stoked to go out and sit on buses next to Horde or Alliance players because despite what Blizzard's marketing team thinks... It doesn't matter.

I think they have severely misjudged their customers and Blizzard telling me I care doesn't actually make me care. If I didn't know this xpac was going to be Old Gods I probably wouldn't even play.
would make sense create a hate betwen horde and alience for BFA, but blizzard created a civil war