#ToBeHorde

Story Forum
First of all, I'd like to apologize for any gramatical mistakes, english is not my mother language.

Having said that, down to business

You made it, Blizzard, you finally made it.
Besides the absolute Sylv fanboys, you guys managed IN FOUR MIN to throw away 15 years of character developing, a very promissing Warchief and what could have been a great story.
But no. You guys managed to turn everything to dust. You turned her from a former ranger general with millenia of experience and one of the most respected characters into an emotionally unstable teenager.
And now I'm pretty sure she will become a raid boss, just as Garrosh.

But I still remember...

I remember in Cataclysm the quest To Be Horde.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sI6rTKw8SQ

THAT is the Horde that I remember and I fell in love. The Horde that although battles alone tries to follow Saurfangs words as Garrosh used to.

And now, Blizzard is painting us as inherently evil !@#$%^-s that just want to murder everything just because. AND THAT IS NOT THE HORDE. Everyone who plays and follows our lore knows that we are much more than that, we have complicated pasts, problems and such, but we endured. We endured EVERYTHING Blizzard threw at our faces for when they promised to give us a good spot...this.

Blizzard has simply *!@#ted on our faces and THEY forgot what is to be Horde, we are not villains, we are NOT demons nor inherently evil races.

I don't know about you guys, but when(it's not a matter of if, but when) Sylvanas becomes a raid boss, I won't do that raid. I will try to compensate with M+ gear, but I won't raid a Warchief AGAIN. It's not specifically for Sylvanas, but out of RESPECT for our faction. Since Vanilla to Legion, the Alliance had ONE king, and we had FOUR Warchiefs, one has been nerf hammered to the ground, other became a madman raidboss, other died to a trash mob and now...another mad one who will become another boss to kill.

Do you guys see the difference?

Well, out of respect to our faction, I won't raid her. Let me know if you guys agree.

#ToBeHorde
Agree. Even IF I'm still playing when the time comes, I just can't stomach it.
Even Garrosh actually had some vaguely solid motives for being a crazy !@#$%^-.

And yeah, I'm not on board with raiding her either. Sorry Blizzard, writing one of my favorite characters as an absolute lunatic doesn't make me hate her.

It makes me hate you.
All are to be sacrificed in the name of new content. Sylvanas and the Horde are just the latest victims of it.

We can trace this line of thinking all the way back to BC, where Kael'thas and Illidan were sacrificed so they could be noteworthy loot pinatas. The Blood Elves could have had an amazing leader instead of Bore'themar, but nope, he had to go loony.
Did this story kill Threeslot?
Skipping out a raid does nothing. We either need to raise our voices to be heard, stop playing or abstain from PvP.
Kael'thas' actions were in keeping with his character since Warcraft 3 tho.

But yes, I agree. This new direction with Sylvanas is stupid. I can subtext it however I want, but that's not how the writers want her to be received.
Don't worry they'll use Sylvanas as a scapegoat, put Baine in charge and the Western Horde will be its honorable self again. The Alliance will forgive us until we destroy another Alliance capital.
07/31/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Gerarrd
Yes actually.
07/31/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Gerarrd

She was banned for something a few days ago

07/31/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Aelamdor
Kael'thas' actions were in keeping with his character since Warcraft 3 tho.

Eh, the whole "Bedazzled by KJ" was an asspull of an afterthought years after the expansion was released. Kael'thas was the perfect leader that Blizzard says they needed when picking a Horde Warchief but they wasted him on a "Wouldn't it be cool if we killed X?" expansion.

The saddest thing out of all of this is that the Horde player base will want to kill Sylvanas off for the chance to get a "Better" Warchief but they fail to realize that there is no better option because Blizzard loves what they're doing with regards to the Horde and will continue to push "A new Warchief, better than the last!" every expansion or every other expansion.
07/31/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Neutralwalu
Sorry Blizzard, writing one of my favorite characters as an absolute lunatic doesn't make me hate her.

It makes me hate you.
07/31/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Khalastrya

Blizz literally said that quest was out of context of what they actually wanted. Especially for Garrosh.
I have to remember its not the faction that has done this to us, but your Warchief.
May the light guide you and your fellow kin to greater pastures.
07/31/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Relictor
All are to be sacrificed in the name of new content. Sylvanas and the Horde are just the latest victims of it.

[/quote]

We have been the sacrifice for 3 expansions in a row. Ins't that enough already?
07/31/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Buräte
I have to remember its not the faction that has done this to us, but your Warchief.

The same Horde that invades Teldrassil and slaughters the Night Elves are the same ones you're thanking.
07/31/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Deathisfinal
07/31/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Buräte

The same Horde that invades Teldrassil and slaughters the Night Elves are the same ones you're thanking.

It wasn't a thank you post, but a "get your !@#$ together and dont be like your warchief post"
Well, I guess we just have to suck it up till Baine becomes warchief for an expansion.

Talking about bane, I figure Baine and the Tauren have worse writing than Sylvanus. Like how the hell are the Tauren OK with burning down a world tree?

Does anyone want to take bets on who becomes the next warchief that goes cray and randomly nukes a city is?

Also, Alliance, how stupid does Varian look right now. He could of killed the horde leaders including sylvannus like Jaina told him to do and none of this would be happening. In writing their anti horde story, they kind of turned the old Alliance king into a fool.
07/31/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Buräte
07/31/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Deathisfinal

It wasn't a thank you post, but a "get your !@#$ together and dont be like your warchief post"

Good luck with that, the Horde hasn't gotten their stuff together since the First War. Everyone will put all of the blame on Sylvanas(posters are even doing it), kill a few Forsaken and all is well and will be forgiven. Threaten the Horde, thank those heroes that stood against Sylvanas, rinse and repeat.
07/31/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Thaelderín
07/31/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Khalastrya

Blizz literally said that quest was out of context of what they actually wanted. Especially for Garrosh.

So they created an entire storyline for a whole zone and had Garrosh's VA among others come in to record lines and had animators rig up an entire scene which was ultimately the best moment of Garrosh's career as Warchief entirely by accident?

I don't believe that. It's obvious they just folded to initial fan dislike of Garrosh and figured it would be easier to make him a raid boss in the end rather than take the time to try and fix the situation, but they didn't want to admit that they're that creatively bankrupt so they just said it was a mistake to give him likable moments.

So really, it's pathetic incompetence in both cases.