Fel and the Church: Is it accepted?

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
So I've not kept up with the more recent lore in regards to the Church of the Light (if there has been any), but I wanted to know if Fel is still looked down upon by the Church as a whole, including those who use it, or if a new clergy came in and decided 'Hey, those Fel users aren't too bad anymore'.
Nope! Accepting gifts of power from demons is still a real sketchy thing to do, especially if you ask a Light Practitioner.
There are reasons why the Forsaken are the only ones allowing Warlocks to practice their craft openly.
08/01/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Sainaru
So I've not kept up with the more recent lore in regards to the Church of the Light (if there has been any), but I wanted to know if Fel is still looked down upon by the Church as a whole, including those who use it, or if a new clergy came in and decided 'Hey, those Fel users aren't too bad anymore'.

The game won't stop you from bringing a Voidwalker into the Church of Stormwind.... but it should. Then again the game is far too accepting of my sabertooth pets as well. :)
08/01/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Whim
There are reasons why the Forsaken are the only ones allowing Warlocks to practice their craft openly.

Not entirely true laddy, we Dark Irons also practice fel magic pretty openly.
08/01/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Raveintis
08/01/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Whim

Not entirely true laddy, we Dark Irons also practice fel magic pretty openly.
I forgot that they actually are already part of the Alliance.
Fel use is YUCKY.

But no, considering much of the Church of Light in canon follows a doctrine that encourages spiritual integrity; they probably aren't big fans of fel use.

Or the void.
Or death magic.
Or arcane sometimes.
People who use nature magic are also probably heathens.
Those Scarlet Crusade chaps think its wonderful behind closed doors, I checked. *Bitterbrine adjusts his wooden mouth piece with a muffled squelch*

I suppose if you look hard enough there’s a church for everyone. Like mine! I even have sign up forms with me, dont mind the length of the document, most of it is anachronistic legal mumbo jumbo. *Bitterbrine pulls out a plentiful sheaf of papers and tosses it down with a disconcertingly heavy thud.*

Just sign down at the bottom where it says “signature of Damnee.” *Bitterbrine finishes with half a smile, a half that easily would’ve been at home connected to the most unscrupulous despot, demon or banker.*