Can Valkyr Take Their Armor Off???

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
So, the age old question (15 seconds in the mind of a virgin) of whether or not a Valkyr can take their armor off or is it fused to the when they form?
You're gonna need some protection to go further, buddy
So I am not the only one who was wondering this same question? We need some top notch scientists to get to work.
Considering we've seen val'kyr in various outfits both in-game (such as Eyir) and in artwork (Val'kyr Shadowguard), it doesn't appear that their armor is fused onto their form. It wouldn't make much sense if it were.

So yes, it appears val'kyr can remove their armor.
The Val'kyr are spirit beings. What you see as armor is only what you behold with your limited sight. Spirits don't take off or put on clothing or armor, or go to the toilet, and their true form is not what you behold with your eyes, but framed by your limited perception.
07/31/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Natala
The Val'kyr are spirit beings. What you see as armor is only what you behold with your limited sight. Spirits don't take off or put on clothing or armor, or go to the toilet, and their true form is not what you behold with your eyes, but framed by your limited perception.
They're not inherently spirit beings, they just have influence over the Shadowlands. The original val'kyr were embodiments of the Light, and the Scourge's version were twisted versions capable of grabbing souls from the Shadowlands.

They're certainly physical beings, and are different than standard souls, so the general rules surrounding spirits don't apply to them. There's also nothing suggesting our perception of them is "limited."
Would that also include Spirit Healers? Being renegade Val’kyr and all.
07/31/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Caileanmor
It would, yeah. They have domain over the spirit world, but are not spirits themselves.
Short answer: They can.

Long answer: Helya was a Val'kyr, and took off her helmet when she became EVIL. She changed up most of her appearance and attire, also. The only thing she couldn't remove was her wings.

There's also probably nothing extraordinary about their helmet or armor. It seems to be purely aesthetic. And damn, do I like the aesthetic.

07/31/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Caileanmor

Spirit healers aren't "renegade" Val'kyr. Renegade against Helya at best. From what Chronicles mentions about them, they were locked out of the Halls of Valor when Helya betrayed Odyn and sealed him and the Valarjar inside. They chose not to join Helya, and fled into the Shadowlands.
08/01/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Zaria
They chose not to join Helya, and fled into the Shadowlands.
Yea. That's what I said. They were created for a specific purpose and suffice to say (for brevity) they went renegade against that purpose, deciding to dwell in the Shadowlands and do their own thing.

ren·e·gade
ˈrenəˌɡād
noun
1. a person who deserts and betrays an organization, country, or set of principles.
07/31/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Cannibal
Considering we've seen val'kyr in various outfits both in-game (such as Eyir) and in artwork (Val'kyr Shadowguard), it doesn't appear that their armor is fused onto their form. It wouldn't make much sense if it were.

So yes, it appears val'kyr can remove their armor.

They have no reason to do so though. They are Val'kyr and death is a 24/7 job description. They don't have social lives, they don't eat, they don't go to the crapper, they have no existence beyond their purpose.
08/03/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Drahliana
They don't have social lives, they don't eat, they don't go to the crapper, they have no existence beyond their purpose.
That's not true, as we see the opposite happening throughout the Halls of Valor. Val'kyr engaging in revelries, drinking beyond belief and socializing under Odyn.
so, may i take one as my wife?
Should i ask why you are curious about there armor?

not planning to do anything naughty are you?

08/03/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Thanathael
so, may i take one as my wife?

this guy is... *sprays the dk with water from a spray bottle*
08/03/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Cannibal
08/03/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Drahliana
They don't have social lives, they don't eat, they don't go to the crapper, they have no existence beyond their purpose.
That's not true, as we see the opposite happening throughout the Halls of Valor. Val'kyr engaging in revelries, drinking beyond belief and socializing under Odyn.

I believe those are female vrykul.
08/03/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Drahliana
I believe those are female vrykul.
Who are val'kyr. Female vrykul become val'kyr. Why would their habits change with a promotion? Nothing suggests they suddenly stop participating in revelries. Unless you can provide a source to the contrary, there's no reason to assume a change must've happened.