Do you feel cheated?

General Discussion
Buy shiny new expansion, excited about huge world event burning down the tree!. Sit through buggy pre-patches, wade through silly forums. Event gets here, and we get artsy fartsy slide show instead of the great cinematics we've come to love from blizzard.

Really a let down, the animated shorts are great for outside of game hype I like them in their place. But it was crap that burning of the tree wasn't a cinematic imo.
Nope not cheated at all.

The cinematics are great and fit the story telling style they have used for many years now with expansions.

Sure the patch was buggy, it happens. It is not the first nor will it be the last time.

The only difference between me and you is i don't look for scapegoats because it's not what i would do. I enjoy the content and let them fix what needs fixing when they break it in providing us new content.

It will be ok, i promise, you just need to learn some patience and get a grip on reality.
Yes. Yes I do.
07/31/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Motors
Nope not cheated at all.

The cinematics are great and fit the story telling style they have used for many years now with expansions.

Sure the patch was buggy, it happens. It is not the first nor will it be the last time.

The only difference between me and you is i don't look for scapegoats because it's not what i would do. I enjoy the content and let them fix what needs fixing when they break it in providing us new content.

It will be ok, i promise, you just need to learn some patience and get a grip on reality.

How long do we have to wait and see for it to be ok? How on earth is it ok for ANY subscription based service to say wait and see? Honestly.
Yeah...and we didnt even get to fight Malfurion or see Malfurion fight Sylvannas or see Saurfang epic cleave Malfurion. (he just one shots him with heroic throw from behind)

They made this event as lame as they possibly could have. At least the mount is cool thats the only thing that wasnt complete crap.
07/31/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Motors
Nope not cheated at all.

This was a really hair brained response. I do not like the using of animated shorts over cinematic for huge events and you go all OMG YOUR LOOKING FOR A SCAPEGOAT. You should read a thread and think with your brain parts before responding. It sounds like you prefer animated shorts, that could have been your response without scraping up some garbage filler.
I've always liked that kind of cinematic. I liked it in NeverWinter Nights. I liked it in Diablo 3. I liked it in Pillars of Eternity.

I don't think it detracts from the seriousness of the issue at all.
I only side with those who have the loudest complaints and systematically make threats and harass others on twitter.
No because I bought the expansion for the expansion, not for the pre-patch.

edit: Also, I have enjoyed both cinematics so far.
i really regret buying BfA because of Legion goodwill right about now
07/31/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Frathlir
I've always liked that kind of cinematic. I liked it in NeverWinter Nights. I liked it in Diablo 3. I liked it in Pillars of Eternity.

I don't think it detracts from the seriousness of the issue at all.

Valid response, I like the animated shorts on their own and for quickie filler, but I dislike their usage on main events. I think they do it because its cheaper so I, as a consumer, get less bang for my buck. Just my opinion.
Not one bit. I like where the story is currently heading. I also want to get to what I would consider troll heaven.
Expansions tend to have precisely -one- pure CGI cinematic, and it's the intro cinematic, ie the thing we already saw with the battle for Undercity and such.

Anything else is rendered with crappy in-game models or this art stuff. Neither of those two are any better than the other.
The cinematic was great.

The story is not.
07/31/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Meritha
No because I bought the expansion for the expansion, not for the pre-patch.

edit: Also, I have enjoyed both cinematics so far.

I havent seen 2 cinematics yet, just 2 animated shorts.
Nope, feeling just peachy.
I think you should quit. That'll show 'em.
I don't feel cheated. Ready for launch.
07/31/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Kentaurus
Not one bit. I like where the story is currently heading. I also want to get to what I would consider troll heaven.

I like where the story is heading also, that does not answer the question posed, but off topic yes we can agree to that.
I do not like the story direction. If this was the plan all along, why not just show it at blizzcon? Why try and hype the mystery and say all that morally grey nonsense?