Do you feel cheated?

General Discussion
You didn't buy the prepatch.
Nah, I was fine with the cinematic. I was more annoyed about how empty the plot was.
How about that battle between Sylvanas and Malfurion. That was so EPIC Blizzard I was at the edge of my seat the whole time! I couldn't believe how powerful the faction leaders truly are it was stunning. I especially love your use of /kneel and /sleep animations in the fight. Brilliant!
I know this is GD, and a lot of tweenagers can't read or troll.

Thank you for the valid responses to the OP regarding being cheated out of cinematics with these animated shorts.
07/31/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Crippey
07/31/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Kentaurus
Not one bit. I like where the story is currently heading. I also want to get to what I would consider troll heaven.

I like where the story is heading also, that does not answer the question posed, but off topic yes we can agree to that.

I answered the question by saying "not one bit". That covers everything.
07/31/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Kentaurus
07/31/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Crippey

I like where the story is heading also, that does not answer the question posed, but off topic yes we can agree to that.

I answered the question by saying "not one bit".

Fair point, I got lost in the tangent about story after that.
SHOCKED! This pre-event is a catastrophe! I am ANGRY AND DISGUSTED with Blizzard to the point that I think I am seriously considering going to cancel my preorder at Gamestop and retire from this game!
I agree, it is preposterous. I haven't had a need to post on the forums for months, but this is … beyond the pale.

Somehow Blizzard seems to think that, since they release low-budget, low-quality, stop-motion cinematics as side bonuses, hey, why not make it part of the game.

Well because a lot of people hate it! I find it impossible to watch this crappy storytelling style. If you're going for a lower budget, give me an animation using game machinima any time over this stop-motion.

Secondly, the story. Everyone is already discussing the story and how bad it is. I agree. It is bad.

But a stop-motion "cinematic" for the burning of Teldrassil! What on Earth was the logic?

Hey, why not make the next cinematic South Park style, huh?
I'm ok. I've paid for worse things.
I honestly have to say that I thought the burning of Teldrassil would be far more epic in game than it was depicted. Just my 2 cents.
07/31/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Carnivorius
I honestly have to say that I thought the burning of Teldrassil would be far more epic in game than it was depicted. Just my 2 cents.

This, its not the fact that it happened, its HOW it happened that was disappointing in every way.

Kill a few night elves then watch a Sylvannas anime and get a mount. Thats crap, for such a major event.
07/31/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Elorynx
But a stop-motion "cinematic" for the burning of Teldrassil! What on Earth was the logic?

The logic was that they already used their CGI budget and time on the Battle for Undercity cinematic that we've all seen by now and art would look better than throwing crappy fire effects on the tree using in-game assets.

The logic is sound.
You know how you feel when you lean back in a chair, and you almost fall over, but then you catch yourself right at the last second?

I feel like that all the time. So I have no other feeling time for feeling cheated.
Not cheated at all. The warbringer shorts are gorgeous, well told, and I love them.
No, I don't feel cheated. I have accepted that the new Blizzard isn't about quality. The sooner you accept that quality isn't part of this game any longer the faster you will stop being disappointed.
Yes. And it broke my mouse.

Sadly, as great as Legion was content wise and playability wise, WoW jumped the shark with the timetravel to AU draenor.
It does make sense that the BFA cinematic ate up their cgi budget, it is a thing of beauty.
The cinematics are fine.

The in game content was... well, it fell short of the time-gated hype.

It was like getting a beef stew with just veggies in it...

There was no Meat to the content.
A friend bought me BFA for my birthday, so no regrets here, and I get a IC reason to hate the horde again, instead of Anduin's "only fight the horde if you have to" order.

Plus, WPVP seems to be back, if the servers can handle it.