Garbage Prelaunch and MoP 2.0

General Discussion
Wow... This intro into BFA has to be one of the worst pre launch events. Its clearly going to be the same thing MoP was. Warchief goes crazy, alliance and horde fight it out in the beginning, band together to over throw her after she more than likely unearths some insane power (azerite).

The story telling is so bad and predictable. The worst part was not even getting to kill Malfurion... really? Sylvanas didn't just murder him then and there or make sure the deed was done? A bit out of character for her.

Also you mean to tell me Saurfang was all upset about honor over killing Malfurion, and enemy leader, but didn't raise a hand to stop Sylvanas from burning an entire tree full of women and children? Where's the honor in that?

I thought the Legion story was pretty thin and lacking to begin with, but this is just outright bad.

Why do I get the feeling when the Alliance forces the undead out of Lordaeron the undead are going to move to Orgrimmar and we will see the city split just like in MoP the way Garrosh did it. Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0, this time to take out Sylvanas.

/groan

The cinematic was so bad too. There was what felt like almost no effort put into this pre-launch event. Blizzard is known for amazing cinematics, this was just garbage. I mean what does Sylvanas remembering being turned into a banshee have anything to do with her burning a tree? If anything that scene should have been a wake up call to her to not do what she was about to do. I get it though, they want to show she left her compassion behind and is now pure evil. That said why would anyone in the horde be following her. Her being made Warchief was the worst possible move while making absolutely no sense lore wise.

Perhaps its just time to leave this game behind. The barely passable story was the last thing to hold on hope to. The game is so dated at this point, the formulaic approach to questing, dungeons, raiding, is beyond boring and stale. I think WoW has over lived what it should and is passed its golden years diving straight into dementia. The last string of the tapestry has been pulled with the story going to complete garbage now.
07/31/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Serovin
The story telling is so bad and predictable. The worst part was not even getting to kill Malfurion... really? Sylvanas didn't just murder him then and there or make sure the deed was done? A bit out of character for her.

This is a bit of a pattern in WoW. The hero is always spared because the uber mighty villain receives a phone call and flies off.

Using this cliché between Sylvanas and Malfurion was especially cheap and lazy.

And then the cheap and lazy cinematic. With stop-motion. *gag*
MoP 2.0? God I could only hope for that level of storytelling again.

MoP was great.
I now yearn for the good ole days............of Pandas.

This xpac is horrible in just about every way imaginable.
07/31/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Halfape

MoP was great.

MoP's story wasn't bad. I was more or less pointing out this is the same premise they already used. A war between the horde and alliance heating up as the Warchief goes mad, just this time told in a much lazier and poorer fashion.
The pre launch does feel lazy. But burning a world tree has me wanting to murder every horde I see. Not sure how horde players feel about murdering civilians.

Gone are the days of Highlord Kruul and the Scourge Invasion. Id even settle for elemental invasion.
07/31/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Serovin
07/31/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Halfape

MoP was great.

MoP's story wasn't bad. I was more or less pointing out this is the same premise they already used. A war between the horde and alliance heating up as the Warchief goes mad, just this time told in a much lazier and poorer fashion.

I didn't think it was lazy or poor, and it might not go that route. Only time will tell. I don't think the Horde will revolt against her, but she will likely cast out some of its members.

Sadly, a good chunk of these stories reside in the books now. So for those that don't bother with the books, they're seeing consistency issues and large plot holes.

I don't agree with that, as the game should tell a fluid story. But it is what it is.
I wish this was MoP 2.0. MoP had some really fun class design, BfA has some really garbage class design.
Perhaps its just time to leave this game behind.

This is how I feel for the first time in 9 years