Quest Log Completely Empty

Customer Support
Prev 1 65 66 67 71 Next
People bought BfA and a subscription only to beta-test a released product, lul.

Emulated Servers can roll back... but Blizzard can't. Did they not learn anything from when all those EU players had their archaeology wiped a few years ago?
08/01/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Pyroscar
08/01/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Vrakthris

On this character, Rangz? From what I can see the quests were abandoned over 2 hours ago.

So that's it, Blizzard is done with this situation? They feel they have resolved it to the best possible manner for their paying customers who might have lost weeks of progress on specific quests?

No, they've solved the problem to such an extent that by looking into claims of such 'disappearing quests post-fix,' it is indeed fixed on the system's end, and they have no other way to say "hey, look. We've solved the problem to the best of our ability, but without building a whole new system that could likely destroy the delicate internal workings of the fifty million systems we've already got in place for this one game. Said system would also take a lot more time, money, and effort that would go unthanked by the community at large which is heavily experiencing these issues when by the system and by the book, we can see all the 'lost quests' are pre-change."

tl;dr - They fixed it, you can say you're still losing quests, but on the back-end you lost them hours ago.

Personally, I thank the developers and community managers at large for fixing the issue. Especially since I lost a few quests myself. I'm not bothered by the loss of them. Yeah, it sucks... but I got over it. I'm not saying I expected this, or accepted that Blizzard had a bug and/or problem doing so, I just accepted that things happen and understand that the game's far more complicated than a simple spider web. If I recall correctly, doesn't Blizzard's raw code for the game itself extend something to the degree of a few billion lines of code?
08/01/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Thragall
Its funny how some players are bowing to blizz accepting this bug.

My quests were fine... and I want it back as is was.

Idc how. :)
So nothing is wrong, and you want it to be just as not wrong as it used to be?
08/01/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Velinianight
<span class="truncated">...</span>Yes, let's piss off millions of players to appease thousands.

Brilliant.

Lets hear your solution than. How would you fix something that cannot be obtained "EVER AGAIN" than? Just a simple oops were sorry that happened but there is nothing we can do?
Not offering a stupid idea of my own doesn't make your idea less stupid.
08/01/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Caesarsalad
08/01/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Callmescoob
Thanos snapped his fingers and said "Half the quests shall be gone"

"What did it cost you?"

I sacrificed everything... in my quest log.
Just like when they wiped warlock pet names and "couldn't restore them"... and then they did.

Do the same for the quests.
08/01/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Corlia
08/01/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Xándria
The solution was provided by the Blue Posters. Though everyone might not accept it as a logical answer to the situation, That is the only option they have. You can shout out doing rollbacks all you want, but that is not an option they want to do since it could break things more than actually help players. Especially right now with BFA right around the corner, the best option is to have players pick up the quest again. As long as all the quest that were abandoned are still in the game, it may take maybe 20 - 30 mins to locate them all on your maps and ride or fly there to get them.

it's a damn piss poor solution to players who were nearly done with ToV for the outfit now they need to start over how is that acceptable, or to players like me on profession quest that are all gone along with the work.

No I am NOT happy and everyone that has been affected is not happy either. How am I to be assured that if I log into my main nothing will vanish as it seems it is still happening.

No one was saying you had to be happy with their answer and you can always submit a ticket to the GM's to see if they can possibly help with quest that might require more than a few days to see if they can help, but the worst case they say is they can't help with that quest.
I saw there was a fix on Twitter, quit playing Sims and logged onto another of my toons who had the ToV armor quest on her and....

It's gone.

This is so frustrating to be told 'It's fixed!!!!' when all that's happening is slapping some old duct tape on the holes that keep appearing in the tube that is the game right now.

Get a new tube. Roll back the servers, shut them down for a bit to find the problem. Yes it'll make some players annoyed but fixing the problem NOW will prevent future headaches.
I knew I should've kept collecting kitty claws this past weekend instead of running my alts for 210 gear. Was like 2000/5000 so not that bad. Killing Vikings was like 650/1000. That's not gonna be repeated if that quest is gone when I log in later.

Not a huge deal for me, not sure if I've been affected either. Sorry for other procrastinators and/or people doing weird quest chains. Hope you get them sorted out eventually.

Kinda remember Cata had an issue like this and the whole quest chain running around Firelands and doing things for Thrall, the quest would disappear. Usually fixed when you went back to the last thing you did, last location and the quest was pickup-able at that point. Not sure if this would apply to anyone's quests but wouldn't hurt to try.
08/01/2018 05:21 PMPosted by Vrakthris
08/01/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Irexistus
Will you be able to give an 'all clear' once the issue is fully resolved across all shards? I'd rather not log in and get smacked with the bug if I can help it.

Last update I received was that the hotfix is live on all realms.

However, most recent updates from you guys seem to indicate that it is still happening. I'd say for now, maybe log into a character that doesn't have partial/complete quests on them to check.

typical blizzard (tm) quality (tm)

you guys are bad at your jobs. hands down the worst prepatch in the history of this game and I'd wager the BFA expansion is going to be yet another WoD type disaster.
08/01/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Reila
I saw there was a fix on Twitter, quit playing Sims and logged onto another of my toons who had the ToV armor quest on her and....

It's gone.

This is so frustrating to be told 'It's fixed!!!!' when all that's happening is slapping some old duct tape on the holes that keep appearing in the tube that is the game right now.

Get a new tube. Roll back the servers, shut them down for a bit to find the problem. Yes it'll make some players annoyed but fixing the problem NOW will prevent future headaches.
Did that character login and zone during the issue? Did you log in relatively shortly after the fix was implemented? The fix was to stop the log wipes from happening, not return your logs. Also the fix takes time to propagate through the realms/shards.
08/01/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Reila

It's gone.

lol are you new to this game? Remember these idiots at the start of legion when people were getting multiple legendaries? They said it was fixed THREE TIMES.

LOL. how can you be so bad at this job?
I must say this issue sucks, but it is nice to know I am not the only one that keeps tons of quests in their log.
Cry some more people, some people have obtained extremely hard to get mounts after years of work and you are all crying over losing some quest you can progress back on in just a few weeks?

Sad (Though I do feel bad for the very few who have lost unobtainable quests)
Whew, thank God I wasn't online earlier. I'm scared to log in now just in case it affected me while offline, but I presume that isn't the case. Regardless, I won't log on until maybe tomorrow, just in case..

Anyways, after reading through these posts, I don't think I buy the whole "Blizzard CAN'T restore partial quest progress", but I do believe it would be too much work, especially with an expansion launch around the corner.

To elaborate, though, if someone was on the BoP quest and collecting the essences from Emerald Nightmare, a GM can surely give them said items, with the player given them an estimate of what they had. You can argue that's exploitable from players (to lie about what they had), but so what? If you can tell what quests they were on, just give them 50% of their progress back if possible, after all, this was an issue on Blizzard's end, not the players, so even if they did lie all it would be is minor compensation. Again, if the logs show what quests were abandoned. Which we know is true, according to these blue posts.

Of course, that would be too much work, but to say Blizzard CAN'T do it seems like, well, a lie.
08/01/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Nephelar
Did that character login and zone during the issue? Did you log in relatively shortly after the fix was implemented? The fix was to stop the log wipes from happening, not return your logs. Also the fix takes time to propagate through the realms/shards.

I logged in literally not 5 minutes before I posted. The character had been stationed where the Sha is in Pandaria, so I hearthed to Dalaran and lo and behold, boom, empty quest log.

Did I look at the log before I hearthed? No, I didn't have the presence of mind to do that, but I hadn't been on that particular character at all since yesterday late afternoon.
08/01/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Nephelar

I logged in literally not 5 minutes before I posted. The character had been stationed where the Sha is in Pandaria, so I hearthed to Dalaran and lo and behold, boom, empty quest log.

Did I look at the log before I hearthed? No, I didn't have the presence of midn to do that, but I hadn't been on that particular character at all since yesterday late afternoon.
This is valuable stuff, and something Vrak might be able to get a bit more insight on.
I was only affected by this with an alt that I barely ever use, but I really hope Blizz will make this right for the people who were affected on characters that matter. You may not be able to restore progression, but you can certainly complete it and provide the reward to anyone who submits a ticket. Yeah, it'll take support a ton of man hours, but that's what happens when you screw up. You put in the work to make it right.
08/01/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Lionhearte

Of course, that would be too much work, but to say Blizzard CAN'T do it seems like, well, a lie.

I wouldn't consider it a lie. They have the ability to, but is it feasible to do? I doubt so as I'd imagine they'd have to manually go through and restore quests and progress. Not to mention if they did... what if that person had the max amount of quests in their log? Would it break things? Would it just be "Oh, 26/25"? There's consequences to everything, my friend.
Just happened to me, zoned into Eye of Eternity for some mount farming, got D/C'd, came back into game and quest log was gone