Quest Log Completely Empty

Customer Support
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 Next
08/01/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Hecatomb
08/01/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Deadlybeard
there is no use in demanding from the GM and crying about it on here.

It is LITERALLY the customer service forums. THE ONE reason these forums exist is for people to demand answers and cry about them.

For the life of me I will never understand why people need to White Knight for middle managers for faceless corporations who do not know them and are not their friend.

Do you stand outside McDonald's and tell them not to complain about their hamburger when it's made wrong? Do you go to the house of people who don't like their insurance carrier and say, "Hey man...they're just doing their best. Give them some slack."

When you pay for a service and that service fails you, you are EXPECTED to report that and complain about it. That's HOW they fix it.

Great analogy.
Reading all of the blue posts here gave me a good chuckle. Vrakthris has the patience of a saint, I feel for the guy having to stick around and reply to all of you.

I lost my quests, too. I was one of the first to post about it on Reddit and bring attention there. Lost a decent amount of progress, but it is what it is. I can do it again.

A lot of people just fail to understand that this game is run by people like you and me. They get up and go to work every day and they can and will make mistakes. Guarantee someone had their butt chewed over this for a good bit of time and maybe even lost their job if it could be pinpointed. Bad PR isn't what they want no matter how many times you fuss.

To all of you saying you're quitting the game; see you on tomorrow.
@Vrakthris

Do you think it'd be possible for you to tell me how many quests were dropped on this char (Area52) so I can go back and get them. I counted 7 but I just want to make sure if you could do me that favor, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.
08/01/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Fistsoffuury
People are still saying they are losing quests when they haven't. I've purposely tried to lose my quests on multiple characters, the people saying they are still losing quests are just being dramatic and giving blizzard trouble.

"Because it doesn't happen to me, it doesn't exist for anybody" is quite the claim. How could you possibly know that nobody else is having a different experience than you?
t is LITERALLY the customer service forums.
No..it's the Customer SUPPORT forums, there is a difference. These are a Player Supported Help forum, not a direct feed to Blizzard.

To use your "analogies" You'd yell at a McDonald corporate secretary for your hamberburger not be made correctly?
I find it funny that the bug wiped out all quest progress except 2. 2 Quests I have been complaining about for years that I can not get rid of even when I do them. The quests "Battle Pet Tamers Outland" and "Beats of the Fable Book I".
08/01/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Vrakthris
08/01/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Elantae
I just logged into an alt and they're wiped. I've been afraid to log into any other character because I didn't want to cause a problem. But I guess it's either account wide for having been logged in at the time, or it's not fixed.

No, the issue causing quests to be abandoned has been resolved. It was not account wide.

Of the two character you appear to have logged into recently, your level 110 Human Hunter was logged in around 10 PM UTC, when the issue was happening and lost the quests they had. Your other character, the level 100 Night Elf Demon Hunter, only have the one quest. No quests were recently abandoned, so nothing was lost.

Are you referring to a different character?

This is scary man, can you see me right now?
08/01/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Falkaenus
08/01/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Vrakthris
No, the issue causing quests to be abandoned has been resolved. It was not account wide.

Of the two character you appear to have logged into recently, your level 110 Human Hunter was logged in around 10 PM UTC, when the issue was happening and lost the quests they had. Your other character, the level 100 Night Elf Demon Hunter, only have the one quest. No quests were recently abandoned, so nothing was lost.

Are you referring to a different character?

No the issue hasn't been fixed, why did you ignore all the other posts about it? I lost all my quests after the alleged fix was released. Also what about quests like the trial of valor ensemble one where the items you collect aren't in your inventory and just a magic number tracked by the quest?
All of this has been addressed already.
The fix took time to propagate to all the realms/shards.
Start the quest over from the most recent step.
I think that guy works for Blizzard
I logged out around 1:30PM EST, i'm really hoping the issue wasn't occurring at that time. Also, i will not be loging in for a few days until i have complete confidence the issue has been resolved.

Blizzard, this issue was huge, you should have taken the servers down. As angry as the WoW community would have been, you would have prevented more players from being affected.
08/01/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Insigne
lol if quests aren't restored, then unlock the damn allied races because i'm far too lazy to travel back to Suramar and gather the quests back up that I needed for Nightborne

Isn't unlocking them based on getting your reputation up and not completing specific quests? Nice try though.
Just logged in a few minutes ago and my quests are wiped... So, when was the hotfix sent out?
08/01/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Nephelar

No the issue hasn't been fixed, why did you ignore all the other posts about it? I lost all my quests after the alleged fix was released. Also what about quests like the trial of valor ensemble one where the items you collect aren't in your inventory and just a magic number tracked by the quest?

08/01/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Nephelar

The quest in question *literally* takes weeks because you can only loot the trial of valor raid once a week. It's all tracked on the one quest, perhaps you should actually read before wasting your time white knighting for people's whose job is to deal with stuff like this.
08/01/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Eilsel
Reading all of the blue posts here gave me a good chuckle. Vrakthris has the patience of a saint, I feel for the guy having to stick around and reply to all of you.

I lost my quests, too. I was one of the first to post about it on Reddit and bring attention there. Lost a decent amount of progress, but it is what it is. I can do it again.

A lot of people just fail to understand that this game is run by people like you and me. They get up and go to work every day and they can and will make mistakes. Guarantee someone had their butt chewed over this for a good bit of time and maybe even lost their job if it could be pinpointed. Bad PR isn't what they want no matter how many times you fuss.

To all of you saying you're quitting the game; see you on tomorrow.

Vrak is simply amazing to be honest, he's by far my favorite CM. I feel horribly bad he has to deal with this.

Things happen, things break, that's life. I remember the ZG disease that wiped out Orgrimmar and Ironforge, that was one heck of a time.

Blizzard will fix it, and they will figure out a way to handle the lost progress I'm sure. But don't shoot the messenger. He can't tell you anymore than what he gets told.
08/01/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Kusobera
t is LITERALLY the customer service forums.
No..it's the Customer SUPPORT forums, there is a difference. These are a Player Supported Help forum, not a direct feed to Blizzard.

To use your "analogies" You'd yell at a McDonald corporate secretary for your hamberburger not be made correctly?

No, you would call Mcdonalds support and complain and get free food.
08/01/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Héarthas
08/01/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Vrakthris

It is also in the Breaking News on our Support Site:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20943363

I also posted it in the Known Issues sticky in this forum:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765946723#post-2

Constructive criticism time:

Customers have told Blizzard to do two things that are quite frankly common sense that should not be controversial.

The first of these was to shut the servers down until the most catastrophic bug in the history the game was resolved.

Blizzard refused.

The second was to put a warning up in the most visible place for ALL players to get the best chance to see. This would be the launcher, and is as logical a suggestion as I can think of in a situation like this.

Blizzard refused.

Worse yet, you link places where the warning is posted that will only be checked by a fraction of the player base rather than the launcher which all players see when the log in.

Seriously now, your company appears to have refused to do the logical and prudent suggestions out of some form of irrational pettiness as if your credentials were being challenged by a perceived inferior.

The customers have done a better job of customer support in this thread than your company has. Time for some self reflection or has Blizzard become too large, and like many other companies when they get too large become detached from what made them successful in the first place.

This is one of the most well written posts here. The two core suggestions have been done frequently in the past my Blizzard. The servers have always been shut down for core gameplay bugs. This is the first time in 13 years of playing this game that I recall Blizzard letting a major bug infect thousands, if not most, of players. Also, Blizzard has posted server errors and major problems in the maintenance box/launcher. I still remember when there was the GIANT mail fiasco. It reviled this one and all players lost a ton of mail. Blizzard was able to retrieve most items and mail, but it took a while. There was warnings, and I believe multiple shutdowns with updates during that event. I believe that was back in Classic or BC. I think it shows how much Blizzard has changed.

I am also unimpressed by Blizzard's professionalism. Instead of apologizing and giving truthful updates, the customers were told the problems was fixed when it wasn't and the customers were mocked by Blizzard employees. It is not okay to tell someone to give up and give Blizzard more sub-time to redo the quest you already pay a month or two of sub-time to complete. This has real-world monetary loss associated with it. It is bad business to take a product away from a consumer, even if on accident, and not attempt to restore it.
08/01/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Zared
08/01/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Insigne
lol if quests aren't restored, then unlock the damn allied races because i'm far too lazy to travel back to Suramar and gather the quests back up that I needed for Nightborne

Isn't unlocking them based on getting your reputation up and not completing specific quests? Nice try though.
it does requires specific quests to be completed but next to no quests required have any real weight to them as they're just long quest chains of kill things, get items, talk to dude etc...
08/01/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Gynx
08/01/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Fistsoffuury
People are still saying they are losing quests when they haven't. I've purposely tried to lose my quests on multiple characters, the people saying they are still losing quests are just being dramatic and giving blizzard trouble.

"Because it doesn't happen to me, it doesn't exist for anybody" is quite the claim. How could you possibly know that nobody else is having a different experience than you?

I've logged into both of my accounts which equal to a total of 16 110s now and NONE of them had the problem. If someone can prove to me that they are still losing quests ill believe the posts.
08/01/2018 08:44 PMPosted by Tenraiyoshi
Just logged in a few minutes ago and my quests are wiped... So, when was the hotfix sent out?

don't worry they will fix it two more times before it's fixed because blizzard (tm) quality (tm)
08/01/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Sanders
08/01/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Ereshkïgal

https://imgur.com/TspXzT8

This.