Teldrassil: Last guesses before reveal

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I'll seize these last few hours before the big reveal and make my final guess on who burns Teldrassil:

I see three possibilities:

Most likely (and best, IMO): Sylvanas does it. Blizzard never made any mystery about who did it, only the motivations behind it. Once she finds out that Malfurion escaped, the Alliance is able to halt her advance and she won't be able to "break the night elves" as she planned, she goes Plan B and just orders Teldrassil destroyed. Alliance can't use the island to ship azerite if it does not exist anymore, right?

Likely (but not acceptable, IMO): Azshara does it. The war is going anyway, and Azshara seizes opportunity to strike against her hated night elf kin. But I think it really undermines the expansion's theme, and will give the Horde another moral scapegoat. "We didn't do it", despite starting the war and invading the night elf lands to enslave... I mean, "take as hostage" their population.

Least likely (but somewhat acceptable, IMO): The Horde does it, but it's an accident. Sylvanas wasn't planning it, but it happens in the heat of battle and the blame can't be shifted away from the Horde.

So, what are your guesses?
My guess the alliance does it in the retreat so The Horde doesn't get it
Alliance does it.
07/31/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Ponykisses

I'm on this boat.

it's a lost cause, so they're like "horde no" and just light that sucker up like a Christmas tree.
Jaina did it she a fire mage just is frost as a cover.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth
The wisps/Malfurion did it.

They like burning stuff around a World Tree when it’s under attack.
07/31/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Ponykisses

Then why would they do it before the population is evacuated?

The quests show the Alliance being taken by surprise and not being able to properly evacuate the civilians.
The Reveal will most likely be Week 3 of the pre-patch.
Final guess remains the same.

Master Mathias Shaw Leader of Si-7 ... under orders from King Auduin.
So we invade darkshore to kill Malfurion.
Maybe we succeed?
And then Tyrande being the spastic lover that she is freaks out and burns down Teldrassil in her retreat so we can't have it?
My guess is jaina
Well, Sylvanas definitely doesn't do it.

So long as you bet "not Sylvanas," then your bets are safe. It's either a member of the Alliance, Saurfang, or some outsider scum who doesn't belong to either faction.
07/31/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Prayed
The Reveal will most likely be Week 3 of the pre-patch.

No week 3 of the prepatch is the Battle for Lordaeron.
Greymane does it so Sylvanas doesn't get it.
Thalyssra did it.
She's taking that jab from Tyrande VERY personal.
There is only one correct answer...

RYAN STARTED THE FIRE!

ahem. I mean a third party wanting to kick off a war did it in a way to get Sylvanas blamed.
I'm more interested in how they're gonna burn it than who, what are they gonna use to burn a world tree this big? Dragons? Flamethrowers?
I think Medivh does it.