Why does Razer get so much hate?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
I dont have brand allegiance but I love multi programmable button mouses. I only have a 6 button one - nothing fancy. But it allows me to only need to use buttons 1-5 on the keyboard and map 7-12 to my mouse. (6 is mapped to the keyboard F1 which for me is right above 1). I rather like being able to play this way and it works regardless of mmo. In the end it's all personal preference anyways
it's all the same. i love logitechs (g502) but the right clicker looses it's "click/feedback" way before the left clicker even though i click the left one a lot more.

They all try to shave costs on production and keep the shelf price up there. it's a shame.

i'm on my 5th g502 atm, got a spare one in the closet.
I've had my Razer Naga mouse for ~5 years. It's never given out on me. All buttons work. I've never had a problem with it and the poor thing has been dropped a few times.

I've heard they're unreliable for the money you pay. Or that they wear out fast. But going by PERSONAL experience? Mine has been amazing.
Razer products break alot. Had a guildy take apart one to replace some of the buttons and commented on how shoddy the soldering was.

I've had logitech mice mainly since 2005, and I've never had a mouse break on me. Problems come from the feet wearing out because of dirty mouse pads (yes bit of a slob).
I use one for my keybinding toons. There are only 7 buttons on it because I didn't want anything huge with my small hands. It's still a little big for my grip so I switch out to a normal mouse for my healers. No complaints as of yet.
I'm probably one of the few who has had barely any issues with their products. I've owned 3 different variations of keyboards (Death adder, Black widow Ultimate 2015, Ornata Chroma), 2 Razer Nagas, 3 Naga hex mice (6 button and 7 button variations), the Chroma hardtop mouse pad, and the Man 'o' War headset.

The only one I've ever been dissatisfied with was the headset, and mostly because it was wireless. The first one I had was defective and I returned it within the 15 day policy at Best Buy and got another. The 2nd one has lasted over 2 years, and only just recently did the head band plastic snap, along with a degrading battery life. Sound quality has been amazing, but I'm staying away from Wireless headsets, and I was dissatisfied with my Logitech wireless one before hand as well, since it had issues with Windows 10 at the time.

I've only had to RMA one mouse due to it just dying randomly, and they sent a brand new one out within a week, which is still going strong.

I mostly got them because their LED environment wise cohesive at the time vs Logitech, and all the buttons. I honestly hate raiding when I'm not using my 12 button Naga.
Naga/orbweaver combo. People actually use their keyboard still?
One logitech g600 lasted longer than three nagas combined for me.

And that g600 was abused much more than any of the nagas.
I don't know about Razer that much. But my Logitech G600 I've had for 4yrs and my G13 I've had for about 7.
I currently use a Razer heardset (chroma? I forget the exact model) and have never had an issue with it. In fact, it's the second best headset I've owned for gaming, the first being the Diablo 3 steel series my wife bought me that my kids used heavily until they literally fell apart.

I have nothing against Razer, but if a lot of people are having issues with their Naga series mice, maybe there's a valid reason for the negative feedback from their clients.
Seems like a lot of anecdotal evidence combined with people who like to complain online. If you go to the razor sub reddit or something it can seem like they have a higher failure rate, but I can't help but wonder if it is simply because Razer customers also tend to be the type of person to visit online forums and such.

In my experience I have had a corsair keyboard and two scimitars fail on me and only one Razer mouse fail on me. Now I have been using razor mice since the original boom slang with an actual rubber ball so that's quite a few mice. So from my experience Razer is more reliable than Corsair ;).

08/01/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Nich
Razer products break alot. Had a guildy take apart one to replace some of the buttons and commented on how shoddy the soldering was.

I've had logitech mice mainly since 2005, and I've never had a mouse break on me. Problems come from the feet wearing out because of dirty mouse pads (yes bit of a slob).

How many mice has your guildy taken apart? Like can he compare the quality of the Razer to other brands?
I had a razer naga that I got in 2010, and it was only in February when it finally died on me. It lasted me 8 years.

I got a replacement Naga, and it broke only a month later. I was extremely disappointed even more so when I read online about the extremely poor quality of Razer products now.

I've since gotten a logitech and it's worked really well with me so far.
Here's my gripe with Razer:

My keyboard, Black Widow Ultimate, out of the blue out of nowhere, the Z Key, Left Shift, Left Control, Windows Key and Left ALT just stopped working completely. Dead. Blamo. Ripperino. Pretty hard to play wow without those keys working when a lot of your keybinds revolve around those.

My mouse, Taipan, 3 out of 4 of the side mouse buttons died simply by using them as keybinds or a push to talk for discord. Kept the mouse clean, didn't help.

The headset, Kraken Pro 2, is the only item out of the 3 that is still working functionally. All 3 items were purchased at the same time. The only thing with the headset is the leather ear muffs have worn out and ripped.

I will NEVER EVER buy Razer Peripherals EVER again. Will go with Corsair or Logitech when I get replacements.
I've had a razer headset and razer blackwidow ultimate die on me. Switched to Corsair and never looked back.
Only company that make a left handed MMO mouse so I love them, the buttons are where I can actually use them! (had mine for 5 years zero problems)
I quit using Razer and nVidia when they added logins for their drivers. I don't like big brother.
The Razor mouse I was using only lasted like a few months before the buttons started to double click for no reason.

Replaced that crap with a Logitech G502.

Though my Razor keyboard is still working well for over a year.
The Razer Naga is not the only numpad mouse. That said, when I bought my first Razer Naga, a guildmate at the time told me it would die in a year. I dismissed his assertion. The mouse died exactly one year after purchased and I was stunned. I have had a Logitech G600 since then, I bought it towards the end of Cataclysm and it is still working today. Working in retail, it is also easy to see that Razer marks up their products significantly. Oh, and the Razer Blade Laptop? A co-worker of mine bought it when it came out because he wanted a "gaming" laptop... The thing did not even have a graphics card on it.

I do not hate Razer, but, so far, they give me very few reasons to continue purchasing their stuff or to say good things about them.
07/31/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Jlmmie
07/31/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Hellasha
The hate is more jealousy from those who can't afford a razer.

Or it's because razer products break frequently.

Which brings us back to -

07/31/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Hellasha
The hate is more jealousy from those who can't afford a razer.
Quality in products from personal experience here. 0 for 3 on Razer lasting past a few months were all my Logitech have lasted for years.