Mount Personal Loot - Mythic Experience

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
08/02/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Panaceum
Obviously there was a big problem with the way guild we’re treating loot and treating recruits. Half of the wanna-be top 10 mythic people of these forums are exactly who blizz was targeting with these changes, people who abused and exploited other players and continually cycled recruits who had zero chance of making personal progression.
Sounds like someone has been drinking their own kool-aid. Recruits taking zero responsibility for their own situation and instead crying to Blizzard about it.
08/02/2018 12:51 AMPosted by Seèlah
08/01/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Bawkasaur
So this person has been with you for over 2 months and you had a list this late in the expansion? You should've done splits with alts weeks ago instead of forcing people to trade a mount that they fairly looted from the boss, that way everyone could get a shot at their mount. Shame on your guild. I don't blame them for leaving. If I killed a boss that many times and didn't have a fair shot at the mount, i'd bail too.
This response just bothers me because not every guild is capable of splitting Mythic Antorus.
Then why was there a list? How is anyone more deserving of a mount over the other 19 people that were also there to kill the boss every week? That's as bad as the guilds who only kill a boss a few times before the mount drop changes & give it to the GM or all the officer core. It's !@#$ty. If the guild isn't capable of splits then they shouldn't have a list & shouldn't make anyone hand over the mount.
08/01/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Crèanath
This is exactly why personal loot was introduced. Ive been in guilds where they master loot or loot council everything and they make choices like

* oh player X is the gm's bf/gf/ bestfriend so they get loot first over anyone else
* GM doesn't like player X beating him on the meters so bis items will go to the gm over player x
* player Y is a trial so that means for the first month they are not entitled to any gear even if they put in the same amount of effort everyone else is.
* random pug in group finder, mount drops, group leader ninja's the loot cause its on masterloot then disbands and kicks everyone.

The person did NOT ninja loot anything. They got the rng, they got the mount, end of story. You just got to move forward and live with the change which is a good change for the majority of people.

Its not like with personal loot you can't trade items once youve got a similar item level equipped. It just means you can't stiff anyone else out of gear/upgrades because you think they dont deserve something.

After 10 years of playing - ABOVE is the reason why the loot was changed.
Blame yourselves for being greedy and abusing the system.
Now you can't do it anymore.
08/02/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Bawkasaur
How is anyone more deserving of a mount over the other 19 people that were also there to kill the boss every week?
Attendance, contributions outside of raid, and in-raid performance as just a few of the factors that people consider. We have a list too, and nobody raised any complaints because everyone agrees that the right people are getting the mount.

For example, one of our hunters volunteered to go Blood DK for Aggramar on his alt which is never used for anything else. He obviously got the mount first, because without him we never would have even seen Argus.
08/02/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Greenstone
08/01/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Crèanath
This is exactly why personal loot was introduced. Ive been in guilds where they master loot or loot council everything and they make choices like

* oh player X is the gm's bf/gf/ bestfriend so they get loot first over anyone else
* GM doesn't like player X beating him on the meters so bis items will go to the gm over player x
* player Y is a trial so that means for the first month they are not entitled to any gear even if they put in the same amount of effort everyone else is.
* random pug in group finder, mount drops, group leader ninja's the loot cause its on masterloot then disbands and kicks everyone.

The person did NOT ninja loot anything. They got the rng, they got the mount, end of story. You just got to move forward and live with the change which is a good change for the majority of people.

Its not like with personal loot you can't trade items once youve got a similar item level equipped. It just means you can't stiff anyone else out of gear/upgrades because you think they dont deserve something.

After 10 years of playing - ABOVE is the reason why the loot was changed.
Blame yourselves for being greedy and abusing the system.
Now you can't do it anymore.

I think you overestimate your contribution to the group. Almost anyone is replaceable. The only thing this change will do is make it so trials aren't allowed to get that last kill and their chance at the scythe. Instead they'll get kicked and the raid will 19 man the boss.
08/01/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Lorianth
If you're in a mythic progression guild where gear is of the utmost importance, yea, I can understand why you'd be upset about the changes to master loot/personal loot.

However, in this case, it was a mount, and there was literally no reason to ask for him to give it up. It's an aesthetic addition to the game, and doesn't affect your guild's ability to perform. If someone wins a mount, you should be happy for them, not demanding they give it to someone in the guild who thinks they deserve it.
hi are you trolling? you think mythic guilds are farming argus for loot 2 weeks before the xpac? can we get anyone more clueless/inexperienced to weigh in?
08/01/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Sorrowsong
<span class="truncated">...</span>
The fact that he immediately /gquit suggests that just maybe he knew he did something wrong.

Or they started harassing him and he bailed. Either way, sorry not sorry but I'd have learned the mount also. RNG is RNG and if it landed in my bag it's mine.

Gone are the days of guilds being able to lock some members out of rewards. It doesn't matter if someone ran the raid 100 times or just once, if they were in there doing their best they have a right to whatever dropped for them. There is no loot mechanic that only lets good stuff drop for someone who has run the content X# of times.

So you are going to tell me: " the dude who was on argus M 3 pulls deserves the mount more than the one who has been 300+"? Good joke. No really, its impossible to take your post serious at all. Many guilds are just going to refuse to bring trials or new members to mount bosses as long as people who were 300+ pulls in still dont have a mount. So instead trials who joins early on a tier will need to wait 5+ months before being allowed on the boss that drops a mount. So this system is strictly worse and honestly is only good to play a drinking game to see how many fools gets screwed over for bringing a trial or new member.

As for the OP. Im sorry that you had this happen, but in the end you just learned a harsh lesson over bringing new members to bosses like this. Next time, be more careful and in the worst case just research the background of the member in question before you bring him in.
He got the kill with you regardless he entitled if he was there longer then a week
Trials, good luck killing the last boss in a raid before everyone else has done it 19 times. You wanted "fairness" and now you're getting benched for months. That's how it's gonna be with no ML.
08/02/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Fancypantsz
Trials, good luck killing the last boss in a raid before everyone else has done it 19 times. You wanted "fairness" and now you're getting benched for months. That's how it's gonna be with no ML.

This basically. People saying Trials deserve loot too don't realize guild's just WON'T bring in trials for kills lol
08/02/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Jirnzdor
He got the kill with you regardless he entitled if he was there longer then a week

Ladies and Gentlemen...The pinnacle of the trophy generation.
The replies in this thread are just more evidence that people who don't have Cutting Edge shouldn't be allowed to post in threads regarding Mythic raiding. The sheer ignorance is dumbfounding.
Or they started harassing him and he bailed. Either way, sorry not sorry but I'd have learned the mount also. RNG is RNG and if it landed in my bag it's mine.

Gone are the days of guilds being able to lock some members out of rewards. It doesn't matter if someone ran the raid 100 times or just once, if they were in there doing their best they have a right to whatever dropped for them. There is no loot mechanic that only lets good stuff drop for someone who has run the content X# of times.

So you are going to tell me: " the dude who was on argus M 3 pulls deserves the mount more than the one who has been 300+"? Good joke. No really, its impossible to take your post serious at all. Many guilds are just going to refuse to bring trials or new members to mount bosses as long as people who were 300+ pulls in still dont have a mount. So instead trials who joins early on a tier will need to wait 5+ months before being allowed on the boss that drops a mount. So this system is strictly worse and honestly is only good to play a drinking game to see how many fools gets screwed over for bringing a trial or new member.

As for the OP. Im sorry that you had this happen, but in the end you just learned a harsh lesson over bringing new members to bosses like this. Next time, be more careful and in the worst case just research the background of the member in question before you bring him in.

After doing some digging you can find the player in question, and they were present for 11 out of 12 of the guilds argus kills. For about 3 months it looks like.

IDK where exactly the line for "new" player is but 3 months is past it.
08/02/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Zothlar
08/02/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Jirnzdor

And your are someone who doesn’t have cutting edge or arggmar killed which he dose.
08/03/2018 04:00 AMPosted by Kléd
08/02/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Zothlar

And your are someone who doesn’t have cutting edge or arggmar killed which he dose.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that killing a couple of mythic bosses made you automatically right when you say something stupid.

Someone being around for a week doesn't "entitle" them to a mount if there are people in the raid that put in hundreds of pulls to get the group to the point where they could get the mount in the first place. His comment is idiotic, and your comparison of our progression doesn't make his comment right just because he killed Argus once.

You should spend less time armory stalking people for irrelevant information and more time practicing English. Three spelling errors in fifteen words is pretty terrible.
08/03/2018 01:13 AMPosted by Felhellsing
After doing some digging you can find the player in question, and they were present for 11 out of 12 of the guilds argus kills. For about 3 months it looks like.

IDK where exactly the line for "new" player is but 3 months is past it.
I actually did that already, but the post was deleted so I'm not going to do it again.
08/02/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Justweight
The replies in this thread are just more evidence that people who don't have Cutting Edge shouldn't be allowed to post in threads regarding Mythic raiding. The sheer ignorance is dumbfounding.

No one cares about your mount collection but you.

If that’s what is fulfilling about end game raiding for you, congrats. Luckily it’s way way down the list for most people and Blizzard.

This is just the latest (and lamest) transparent attempt to fight the PL change.

Don’t bring recruits then, that’s fine, issue solved.

Acting like a million man march of disenfranchised “elite guild” recruits is going to protest at blizzard HQ because their guild 19 mans a farm kill is delusional, to say the least.

Or just be more careful about who you recruit and treat them better so they won’t be living with one foot out the door at all times.
08/03/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Zothlar
08/03/2018 04:00 AMPosted by Kléd

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that killing a couple of mythic bosses made you automatically right when you say something stupid.

Someone being around for a week doesn't "entitle" them to a mount if there are people in the raid that put in hundreds of pulls to get the group to the point where they could get the mount in the first place. His comment is idiotic, and your comparison of our progression doesn't make his comment right just because he killed Argus once.

You should spend less time armory stalking people for irrelevant information and more time practicing English. Three spelling errors in fifteen words is pretty terrible.

You seem like someone who I’d avoid at all costs. I’m not surprised you have issues with recruits.

Maybe you should spend less time touching yourself thinking about how spending 200 hours wiping on a video game boss make you superior to other players who don’t care enough to do one wipe, and more time working on your social skills so you’d have some friends and perspective.
08/03/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Panaceum
Maybe you should spend less time touching yourself thinking about how spending 200 hours wiping on a video game boss make you superior to other players who don’t care enough to do one wipe, and more time working on your social skills so you’d have some friends and perspective.

Or, you could do a small amount of reasoning to discover that I didn't spend 200 hours on a video game boss, I don't have the mount, and I don't think that having the mount or not makes someone better than anyone else either way.

What I do think is that people who choose to spend their own free time working hard to kill a boss are more deserving of the reward they've worked for than someone who came along later and got a basically free ride.

08/03/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Panaceum
You seem like someone who I’d avoid at all costs. I’m not surprised you have issues with recruits.

I have no issues whatsoever with recruits, my guild is pretty casual. But please, avoid me. I prefer not to spend time on judgmental jerks who leap to the wrong conclusions.