Rather confused Allied Race

General Discussion
So I was understanding that at BFA launch Allied races would all be unlocked. But if I wanted to play them early I could do certain quest/ rep grind.
Now I am reading that even after BFA launch, I will still have to spend my time (I'm casual) in legion content. Content I am not pleased with doing in the first place?
Or I can forget about lvling a Void Elf at any time?
Welcome to the new Blizzard, where your time sink is their subscription metric.

Yes, they are gating your ability to use allied races behind rep grinds. They're wretched. I just helped my son complete his void elf rep grind today - his took the longest because he's extremely casual (or he gets bored fast on WoW). He was able to get through it from Revered to Exalted in about 3 weeks.

Sorry, don't have a good answer for you... but when BfA subs start dropping off maybe Blizzard will have an answer for you then.
07/31/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Mahurat
So I was understanding that at BFA launch Allied races would all be unlocked. But if I wanted to play them early I could do certain quest/ rep grind.
Now I am reading that even after BFA launch, I will still have to spend my time (I'm casual) in legion content. Content I am not pleased with doing in the first place?

I haven't seen anything about it but even if they aren't unlocked instantly with BFA's release then they will be shortly after. If you are complaining now about a Legion rep grind then you have plenty of time as a casual to get exalted.

You were mistaken. The requirements will not change post Legion. BfA will just give 2 more at launch that are unlockable with an additional 2 later on in the expansion.
07/31/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Aceofsmurfs

I haven't seen anything about it but even if they aren't unlocked instantly with BFA's release then they will be shortly after. If you are complaining now about a Legion rep grind then you have plenty of time as a casual to get exalted.

You could not be more wrong if you tried. Blizzard has stated that they will not unlock with BFA or shortly after. They said you will have to do the rep grind.
07/31/2018 10:35 PMPosted by Celindas

You could not be more wrong if you tried. Blizzard has stated that they will not unlock with BFA or shortly after. They said you will have to do the rep grind.

This is very flimsy. And makes no sense. While I have no doubt they want people to unlock them via rep grind because it makes more sense for immersion there is no way they don't create a way to unlock them with BFA content. Back to the bridge with you!
07/31/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Aceofsmurfs
07/31/2018 10:35 PMPosted by Celindas

This is very flimsy. And makes no sense. While I have no doubt they want people to unlock them via rep grind because it makes more sense for immersion there is no way they don't create a way to unlock them with BFA content. Back to the bridge with you!

Back to the rock you live under with you!

I'm willing to take a 5g bet, that it will stay just as it is.
I haven't seen anything about it but even if they aren't unlocked instantly with BFA's release then they will be shortly after.

Don't give people blatantly false info. They have stated that there are NO plans to change them and that they will only consider changing them "in future expansions".
They've never stated anything differently since Allied Races were first announced. You still have to complete the requirements on at least one character to unlock.
08/01/2018 05:07 AMPosted by Aelora
They've never stated anything differently since Allied Races were first announced. You still have to complete the requirements on at least one character to unlock.

This. No one from Blizz has EVER said that the allied race requirements would change once BFA launches. The requirements have been repeated multiple times, and are even listed on the BFA feature page. Anyone who tells you otherwise is misinformed or lying.

That being said, I personally I feel like they SHOULD lift the requirements for void elves, Highmountain, nightborne, and lightforged at some point during BFA. Those four are tied to legion reps and requirements, and I think it’s unreasonable to expect returning players to go back and grind old content to access those races.

This has never been stated by Blizzard anywhere, it was just wishful thinking by some players.

You really should catch up on current events before spreading this kind of misinformation. Blizz has stated in no uncertain terms that the unlock requirements will remain, "as is".

If you want to fly you have to go to org/bc which is vanilla bc and cata content. If you want to transmog you have to go through old content. If you want Legion raced you will have to do Legion content is that hard to understand? They have a bfa quest chain after you do the requirements.
It's funny people crying about the 'rep' grind for the initial post BFA launch races when the rep you need to get is by far the easiest rep grind I've ever seen. Furthermore, there is a story arc covering the recruitment of these allied races who don't just simply 'join' the alliance or horde just because you purchased BFA. This is even more true for the 2nd set of races that will join the alliance/horde further into the expansion because the majority of the expansion (so far) is about recruiting these two races for their naval fleets.
rep grind is the most casual thing in the game. like you want to push hard and get it unlocked go right ahead but if you want to casually get exalted that is an option as well.
08/01/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Terranox

If you want to fly you have to go to org/bc which is vanilla bc and cata content. If you want to transmog you have to go through old content. If you want Legion raced you will have to do Legion content is that hard to understand? They have a bfa quest chain after you do the requirements.

They are advertised with BfA. They might be races in Legion but you can't get them at all without the PURCHASE of BfA. Therefore Legion requirements for any BfA race is dishonest. it would be different if they were FREE with Legion only.

This is how Blizz makes content look good. The more players do it the better. They don't care if you are pleased with it. I wouldn't do it. No reward is worth to suffer in a GAME.

Why would you think the unlock requirements would change? Where did it say that?

You could have just done it when Legion was current. I'm also "casual" and I've had the reps done for so long I don't remember not having them.

Stop using "casual" as an excuse for not being able to complete requirements. This game has always had requirements. This game has always been the most "casual friendly" of pretty much all MMOs available today.
I understand the rep grind will still be there but are they are chances they will offer us opportunities to gain the rep within BfA without having to go back to argus/etc?

They've already said that's NOT going to happen.