The real reason pvpers quit wow. ROGUES.

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
08/02/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Varrow
You also have to remember that rogues basically get to ignore the gcd change.

Sprint, Shadow Step, and Vanish all benefit their movement and are all off the GCD. Where every other class got their movement spells put on the GCD. Healing cooldowns are on gcd, group defensive abilities are on gcd, all snares/grips are on gcd.

Grip the rogue for a gcd (they shadow step off gcd while dealing full damage because no gcd)
You hamstring the rogue for a gcd (they can sprint or shadowstep while dealing full damage)
A warrior uses Rally to try and save the teammates, but maybe also wants to throw a snare. That's TWO gcds (while the rogue can counteract both instantly, and off gcd, while dealing full damage)

Obviously the damage was overtuned (idk after hotfixes) but there is also a huge baseline advantage here in not having to obey the new gcd rules.

This guy gets it
08/09/2018 01:21 AMPosted by Gódx
08/02/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Varrow
You also have to remember that rogues basically get to ignore the gcd change.

Sprint, Shadow Step, and Vanish all benefit their movement and are all off the GCD. Where every other class got their movement spells put on the GCD. Healing cooldowns are on gcd, group defensive abilities are on gcd, all snares/grips are on gcd.

Grip the rogue for a gcd (they shadow step off gcd while dealing full damage because no gcd)
You hamstring the rogue for a gcd (they can sprint or shadowstep while dealing full damage)
A warrior uses Rally to try and save the teammates, but maybe also wants to throw a snare. That's TWO gcds (while the rogue can counteract both instantly, and off gcd, while dealing full damage)

Obviously the damage was overtuned (idk after hotfixes) but there is also a huge baseline advantage here in not having to obey the new gcd rules.

This guy gets it

Actually there's been a lot of things on the GCD that weren't there before for rogues. Namely Vendetta, Cold blood, I think shadow dance might be too... There is some slowing down the abilities but what I think is going on is people are taking the Marked For Death talent a lot and probably using thistle tea to balance the energy loss out. MFD compensates the replacement of vigor by being off the GCD period. It's just really cheap when combined with thistle tea lol. I imagine many are using old wars instead though which is basically a truck... I mean I've done that a lot lol it's kinda funny. Not sure why thistle tea works in BGs really wish it didn't.
08/08/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Paln

do those classes disappear at will after attacking? are they hard to track without hunter's mark? i actually played rogue style classes such as thief in gw2, hit n cloak & all that stuff. but wow's rogue is much more OP than even gw2's early thief days.

when there's threads after threads of complains about a class, u should consider it's validity instead of spewing nonsense like hate.

lol I gave you specific examples of
Why are rogues allowed to hit ppl like a stationary punching bag & not break stuns?

but you don't wanna see that do ya? you just wanna add on to your statement to keep the 'rage' going on .. kk .. have fun !

ur reading comprehension is something else. moving on.
Just gonna go ahead and say welcome to world of roguecraft battle for a rogue, here we are again rogues being op at xpac release, "guess itll get better in 8.1"
Good thing Blizzard doesn't actually listen to The forum community's opinion or else every class that just so happens to win in the rock paper scissors of PvP would be nerfed to the ground.

I can't handle a good mage, especially fire mage.

Should they be nerfed?

A good fire mage can't handle a better rogue than I.

And why has no one mentioned the Everlasting Immortal Resto Shaman?

Now those guys are a problem. Takes an entire group to take down one!
08/08/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Gobit
08/08/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Imastabu
SO MUCH CRYING .. whats so funny is that with my Retadin I can take on 2 assassination rogues in world pvp zones and woop their butts ..

o wait its because I know my class and semi-know-how-to-play

learn your class and what it's strengths are wow ..learn your class and what it's strengths are wow ..

Lol hope you're trolling

Or, you know, he's actually really good at his class and/or fighting really bad sin rogues who didn't get the memo that they were nerfed to the ground floor?

Just a thought.
08/07/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Lafs
Rogues are always op to the masses who literally have no clue how they work.
Its always funny when a DH or DK that gets 1v1'd when rogues are garbage can't handle the defeat. They stalk you all bg until they get that perfect opportunity to 3v1 you out of stealth. Then throw a flag of ownership on your corpse and jack it.

Heh! Or molest your corpse by humping it before getting the fructose out of dodge!
08/03/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Varothen
When you see an RBG team with 5 rogues, you know they are overtuned. BAD rogues, are good. They say they are scaled to 120 but even in beta they are nuts right now. It'll get fixed with the amount of complaints.

No, it won't.

The devs don't care about our complaints. Legion has honestly taught me that.

They look at their charts and their datas and make decisions based on that. Not our crying and whining.

How else can you explain how historically garbage shamans are?

Rogue has and always will be the !@#$%^-*!@# dooshbag class. It's offset by our squishiness, however. The issue is that not many people know how to handle us when we open and get the jump on them.
08/15/2018 05:42 AMPosted by Trixxzi
08/03/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Varothen
When you see an RBG team with 5 rogues, you know they are overtuned. BAD rogues, are good. They say they are scaled to 120 but even in beta they are nuts right now. It'll get fixed with the amount of complaints.

No, it won't.

The devs don't care about our complaints. Legion has honestly taught me that.

They look at their charts and their datas and make decisions based on that. Not our crying and whining.

How else can you explain how historically garbage shamans are?

Rogue has and always will be the !@#$%^-*!@# dooshbag class. It's offset by our squishiness, however. The issue is that not many people know how to handle us when we open and get the jump on them.

I hope they look at the data on subtlety rogue devs balance is a joke srsly...
The class is by its very nature a sneak attack class. It is how they were designed. They hit and run, hit and run, hit and run. blizz isn't going to get rid of the class or change them to the point they are a completely different class. And they shouldn't be constantly nerfed just because you don't know how to counter them. Learn your enemy, know their weakness, exploit them. Or you can keep running to the forum to whine about being outplayed.
08/15/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Nighdarke
The class is by its very nature a sneak attack class. It is how they were designed. They hit and run, hit and run, hit and run. blizz isn't going to get rid of the class or change them to the point they are a completely different class. And they shouldn't be constantly nerfed just because you don't know how to counter them. Learn your enemy, know their weakness, exploit them. Or you can keep running to the forum to whine about being outplayed.

oh hey look some random who has never been 1500 shows up to just tell us we dont know how to play git gud.... gotta love these forums

and no they dont "hit and run hit and run"

they hit you make you blow all your defensives or you die in the first opener while they smoke bomb forcing you to trinket and get out to receive heals then they vanish, reset and do it again in 25 sec except this time you dont have trinket or defensives and they evasion cloak combo to avoid all possible cc...so yea lots of counterplay opportunity there blizzard?
08/15/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Gódx

oh hey look some random who has never been 1500 shows up to just tell us we dont know how to play git gud.... gotta love these forums

they hit you make you blow all your defensives or you die in the first opener while they smoke bomb forcing you to trinket and get out to receive heals then they vanish, reset and do it again in 25 sec except this time you dont have trinket or defensives and they evasion cloak combo to avoid all possible cc...so yea lots of counterplay opportunity there blizzard?

Nerf rogues
I don't think being outplayed is exactly the issue. The rogue class just has more "reset" buttons or wiggle room for mistakes then other classes. That combined with how hard they hit is what makes them an issue for most players. Good rogues have always been a force in Wow. When players start gearing up again at Max level we will see how it rolls out.

we can all just leave out our trump cards on how to defend against rogues shenanigans. "what is this 'greater fade' you speak of, doesnt matter anyways rogue has 5 billion CC and should be nerfed"
ret pallies are beast right now, your word of glory is one of the strongest heals out there, healing 3 ppl for more than a holy word serenity heals 1 person and you get 2 charges. sure you can complain about having to use 3 holy power to give healing that is far stronger than 1 verdict (or most if not all other healing spells for that matter) or how my cooldown can be reduced, but i can complain about your immunities and how your anti CC honor talent causes DR and how your dispel also clears poisons. now if were going to get into about the second team mate or more will ruin these trump cards, you too have a partner or more that could possibly see stealthed players or help you in other ways as well, or better yet have a rogue yourself and complain to them on why they arent carrying you. but go ahead and continue to say everyone else doesnt know what theyre talking about. thatll definitely show youre right when you complain about rogues. like how can you even be treated seriously when you didnt mention the best peels honor talent they have for healers? must be too busy trying to remember what moves of your own not to bring up.
All of these walls of texts. Someone needs to break these things up.
08/15/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Shadowbubs

we can all just leave out our trump cards on how to defend against rogues shenanigans. "what is this 'greater fade' you speak of, doesnt matter anyways rogue has 5 billion CC and should be nerfed"
ret pallies are beast right now, your word of glory is one of the strongest heals out there, healing 3 ppl for more than a holy word serenity heals 1 person and you get 2 charges. sure you can complain about having to use 3 holy power to give healing that is far stronger than 1 verdict (or most if not all other healing spells for that matter) or how my cooldown can be reduced, but i can complain about your immunities and how your anti CC honor talent causes DR and how your dispel also clears poisons. now if were going to get into about the second team mate or more will ruin these trump cards, you too have a partner or more that could possibly see stealthed players or help you in other ways as well, or better yet have a rogue yourself and complain to them on why they arent carrying you. but go ahead and continue to say everyone else doesnt know what theyre talking about. thatll definitely show youre right when you complain about rogues. like how can you even be treated seriously when you didnt mention the best peels honor talent they have for healers? must be too busy trying to remember what moves of your own not to bring up.

ANOTHER <1500 player teaching everyone how to pvp, crazy how you guys have all the answers but none of the ratings.

and yea you can mass dispel a pally bubble so theres an option for you to do, tell me mr 1500 how will you use one of these defensive cds on ur teamate while hes stunned in a smokebomb, wheres the counter play in smokebomb

nerf rogues too much dmg and even without dmg way too much instant noninterruptable cc's & defensives & resets & movement
Rogues are dumb af and it's even more noticeable since its harder for players to properly defend themselves with the gcd changes. I just plug in my PvE rotation and laugh it up with minimal resistance every time.
L2P, this thread is nearly as worthless as the DK who just suggested removing Vanish from the game.
08/01/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Gödx
Rogues right now.

Rogues are so overpowered in every aspect its so frustrating to fight against that all you can really do is laugh or quit.

While classes get pruned and tuned down and pruned rogues have: immunities, gap closers, self heals, insane mobility, self cleanse, escape mechanics, reset mechanics, powerful cc, damage over time and unhealable burst....

No other class even come to close to how insanely op rogues are right now, I dont know why every single thread is not complaining about them. What I do know is no exaggeration every game above 2k mmr has an assassination rogue on the team. You join a bg and HALF of the enemy team is playing rogues, I WONDER WHY??

https://ibb.co/kEEoVe
5/10 enemy team is rogues. Almost every battleground...

Pvpers quit this game not because its old or mmo's are dead, it's because after ~15years the same problems exist where a class is LAUGHABLY overpowered and there is nothing to do except reroll the fotm or get extremely frustrated that you cannot beat a rogue or rogue team unless the rogue makes mistakes. It honestly seems so impossible that devs play pvp in any form of skill capacity in wow or they just play rogues, im not sure. The take away is that allowing such a huge asymmetry in capability, not to mention raw damage, is just disheartening and really sets the tone as to what to expect for bfa pvp.

here we go again another rogue whiner... move on... git guuud
08/01/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Gödx
Rogues right now.

Rogues are so overpowered in every aspect its so frustrating to fight against that all you can really do is laugh or quit.

While classes get pruned and tuned down and pruned rogues have: immunities, gap closers, self heals, insane mobility, self cleanse, escape mechanics, reset mechanics, powerful cc, damage over time and unhealable burst....

No other class even come to close to how insanely op rogues are right now, I dont know why every single thread is not complaining about them. What I do know is no exaggeration every game above 2k mmr has an assassination rogue on the team. You join a bg and HALF of the enemy team is playing rogues, I WONDER WHY??

https://ibb.co/kEEoVe
5/10 enemy team is rogues. Almost every battleground...

Pvpers quit this game not because its old or mmo's are dead, it's because after ~15years the same problems exist where a class is LAUGHABLY overpowered and there is nothing to do except reroll the fotm or get extremely frustrated that you cannot beat a rogue or rogue team unless the rogue makes mistakes. It honestly seems so impossible that devs play pvp in any form of skill capacity in wow or they just play rogues, im not sure. The take away is that allowing such a huge asymmetry in capability, not to mention raw damage, is just disheartening and really sets the tone as to what to expect for bfa pvp.

here we go again another rogue whiner... move on... git guuud