Brew Master Monk!

Arenas
Been messing around on my Brew Master Monk Recenly in 2s/3s! It seems fairly broken! Just a heads up!
The self heals are strong. I've messed around in some skirms and BGs on mine but finding other tanks bring more to the table when you want to cuck your opponents.
08/02/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Famóus
The self heals are strong. I've messed around in some skirms and BGs on mine but finding other tanks bring more to the table when you want to cuck your opponents.

I’ve found the damage output of Brew Master to be higher than the other tank specs.
08/02/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Brazzers
08/02/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Famóus

I’ve found the damage output of Brew Master to be higher than the other tank specs.

What talents and htalents have you been running for it?
Blood DK is a sleeper actually.
It has self-healing now?
08/02/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Disclai
It has self-healing now?

Self healing, melee attack reflection (pretty much an endless karma), 4 cc abilities! And damage is on par with WW!
08/02/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Famóus
08/02/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Brazzers

What talents and htalents have you been running for it?

Eye of the Tiger
Tiger’s Lust
Spitfire
Tiger Tail Sweep
Healing Elixer
(Situational)
Blackout Combo
08/02/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Brazzers
It has self-healing now?

Self healing, melee attack reflection (pretty much an endless karma), 4 cc abilities! And damage is on par with WW!

Tanks should be the Control damage support class. Hope we see many different Tank comps in Arena. I hope double Dps becomes a thing of the past.
08/02/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Abombanation

Tanks should be the Control damage support class. Hope we see many different Tank comps in Arena. I hope double Dps becomes a thing of the past.

Damage should def not.be on par with a dps spec.though
08/02/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Blahzaay
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It never is. Or even close for that matter. Most Tanks need Dps buffs. Or at least one decent damage ability.

It never is. Or even close for that matter. Most Tanks need Dps buffs. Or at least one decent damage ability.

Well apprently brew mastsr now dkes the same dmg as ww
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Well apprently brew mastsr now dkes the same dmg as ww

No it doesn't. Exaggerations always happen. If Tanks were doing Fury, Ret or Rogue damage there be an outcry. They don't have much damage though. WW has some great burst especially at 120. Brew is no where close. They are a damage support class so they should be putting out pressure. Some are undertuned.
I must be missing something. It seems fun currently——more than in Legion——but the damage is what you'd expect from a supporting tank class (i.e. low-ish).

It has self-healing now?

With the reflect comment, are you referring to Hot Trub? Because I tested that, and it seemed to do... virtually nothing.

Guard seems like the better final tier talent, too, since with Spitfire you don't need to cooldown reduction on BoF.
08/03/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Disclai
I must be missing something. It seems fun currently——more than in Legion——but the damage is what you'd expect from a supporting tank class (i.e. low-ish).

With the reflect comment, are you referring to Hot Trub? Because I tested that, and it seemed to do... virtually nothing.

Guard seems like the better final tier talent, too, since with Spitfire you don't need to cooldown reduction on BoF.

Agreed on guard, that's seemed to have the most value in the bag I've ran at least.

most would be okay with it if tanks had much, much, MUCH less defensive power
the only way tanks being viable can be balanceable is if they're just DPS with different utility
unkillable livelords are never fun to fight
08/03/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Reimmi

most would be okay with it if tanks had much, much, MUCH less defensive power
the only way tanks being viable can be balanceable is if they're just DPS with different utility
unkillable livelords are never fun to fight

Blood DKs kinda ruined the Tank image with being Healers and so many ways to live forever. It left a bad taste in people's mouths and from there Tanks were hated. Not to mention no melee could attack one or they just would keep healing. Really bad design. Well we made it through that and hope we don't have any tanks functioning that way again.

I thought WotLK Prot was where a Tank should be as far as mechanically and had great damage with CC. They could be easily killed too just got to get them through their CDs like everyone else.
Tanks do have much much less defensive power than in Legion. Active mitigation does nothing for magic damage, which a majority of classes do. And it does much less against damage now than in legion as well. Prot pally ShoR went from 50% some mitigation against everything (dependent on mastery) to increasing my armor mitigation from 48.44% to 68.88%.
08/02/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Abombanation
Blood DK is a sleeper actually.

this, I'm watching blood dk's pretty much take on entire bg teams lol
It has self-healing now?

The truth will set you free my son