Experiance Requirement Nerf

General Discussion
Good evening.

In 7.3.5 we could actually do our rotations when leveling up again. And now leveling up will be quicker. I love these changes. Leveling is starting to be entertaining again, and I love it. Currently it's more interesting than doing world quests at 110 because our toons are too overpowered out in the world at the moment. (That and it doesn't feel as rewarding since they nerfed the +50 gold per world quest on followers)

Anyway this is a great change. I feel more accomplished when questing now. It is refreshing and I feel like I have more to do in the leadup to BFA

I am playing shadow at the moment, and it takes 1 Vampiric Touch (Talented into Misery), 1 Mind Blast, and about 3 Mind Flays. It feels about right.

Anyway I suck at articulating my feedback so I should probably end this here.

Thank you and have a fantastic evening.
This just isn't true. I'm sorry. It took my prot warrior (level 80, full heirlooms, enchants, epics, etc) 15+ seconds to kill one mob in Hyjal. One.
07/30/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Myreana
prot warrior

found your problem
Nope. I'm doing >30-40% of my group's damage in every dungeon run I do. It's not prot warrior.

Also, are you saying I should have to switch specs in order to level, from the least played role in the game already?
This just isn't true. I'm sorry. It took my prot warrior (level 80, full heirlooms, enchants, epics, etc) 15+ seconds to kill one mob in Hyjal. One.

That is unfortunate. I have not quested around that bracket lately, so I cannot really comment. At my level, the length of combat feels good.

However, combat duration is not the main thing I was referring to. It was this change, which I am very much happy for.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/1024099404490334209
07/30/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Myreana
Nope. I'm doing >30-40% of my group's damage in every dungeon run I do. It's not prot warrior.

Also, are you saying I should have to switch specs in order to level, from the least played role in the game already?

In dungeons you pull multiple packs of mobs, tanks are known to have great aoe while leveling.

Single target, most tanks are trash compared to a dps spec.

So yes, the problem is that you're a prot warrior in the open world.

You should go Arms/Fury then switch to Prot to do dungeons.

It's really an easy solution.

While I agree with your sentiment that you should be able to level in any spec you wish, they are not usually balancing the duration of combat while questing around tanks.
The nerf to xp required actually increased the xp needed to go from 60 to 61.

Overall it is an improvement, the giant spike in levelling time that occured in the early 60s has been somewhat smoothed out. Think it still has some way to go though.

If anyone has a level 58 or 59 toon, can they tell me how much xp is required to gain a level? The toons I was using to do some research and get some definitive numbers have now gone past that point.
I mean it's great you're having fun and all but I'm in camp 'I've done these quests 14+ times over the years I just want this to be done but now some level brackets take forever...Looking at you 60 to 80!'. )=

That's because you're doing AoE damage in dungeons.

Tanks have always had terrible single target damage, except for that one period where Shield Slam was OP as hell.
07/30/2018 09:31 PMPosted by Becadiaf
If anyone has a level 58 or 59 toon, can they tell me how much xp is required to gain a level?

I am close. If it is not too late, I will try to remember to look.

07/30/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Vivienne
I mean it's great you're having fun and all but I'm in camp 'I've done these quests 14+ times over the years I just want this to be done but now some level brackets take forever...Looking at you 60 to 80!'. )=

I hear you. Around level 45 I just burn out. I was glad when I heard that they were nerfing it from 60-80 but according to that twitter post, they reduced it from 40-100 now.
07/30/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Vivienne

They just nerfed the experience needed for that bracket, mate.
07/30/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Totra
we could actually do our rotations when leveling up again.

lol..

- goes with FULL heirlooms
- doesnt realize that you don't get all spells until lvl 80

sure, "full rotation" bud.

nah thanks I will take the nerfs and even more nerfs if there's one.. the game starts at 120 now not at 1-81 for learning.. leveling is just an obstacle for the main reason to actually play the game at max level.
07/30/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Xyona
07/30/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Totra
we could actually do our rotations when leveling up again.

lol..

I am not fully disagreeing with you but I have found that they give you your main abilities pretty early. Like 20. That's not always the case, but certainly not 80. I am looking at my spellbook now and all that's left is Dispel Magic, Leap of Faith, and Mass dispel. Not exactly game changing abilities for leveling. While you still have to wait till 100 to fully complete your spec through talents, a shadow priest at 20 essentially plays the same as a shadow priest at 100. And most of the talents are just padding on top of the core rotation anyways.

Whether we agree on that point or not, certainly takes more brain power than one shotting everything with one ability. It is a step in the right direction. And if you cannot stand leveling that much, their current experience requirement Nerf is a step in the right direction for both people who enjoy leveling, and for those who do not.
07/30/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Totra
lol..

I am not fully disagreeing with you but I have found that they give you your main abilities pretty early. Like 20. That's not always the case, but certainly not 80. I am looking at my spellbook now and all that's left is Dispel Magic, Leap of Faith, and Mass dispel. Not exactly game changing abilities for leveling. While you still have to wait till 100 to fully complete your spec through talents, a shadow priest at 20 essentially plays the same as a shadow priest at 100. And most of the talents are just padding on top of the core rotation anyways.

Whether we agree on that point or not, certainly takes more brain power than one shotting everything with one ability. It is a step in the right direction. And if you cannot stand leveling that much, their current experience requirement Nerf is a step in the right direction for both people who enjoy leveling, and for those who do not.

Gonna have to agree with you.
07/30/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Totra
lol..

Yup this this this. My second Druid I'm leveling as Boomie is currently 40 and is only missing 2 minor things, a CD (48) and a Passive (70) but otherwise it plays pretty much like my 110.

You're pulling single mobs as prot? Pebkam. I leveled a prot warrior post 7.3.5 and it was really fast.
I am close. If it is not too late, I will try to remember to look.

If you feel an urge to help out, please tell me how much xp is required for the level, and how much xp you get from killing a mob of exactly your level. I still need 50-60.

I have a thread at https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20766566524 and was trying to fill in data points. Now that the data's changed, I want to fill them in again. But I will not be touching 20-60 until I get my Dark Iron Dorfs at an absolute minimum. Even then it might take me months to get motivated enough to do the grind again.