Tyrande would not have left Teldrassil.

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
The chosen disciple of Elune and the leader of the Night Elves would not have deserted the capital. The real Tyrande wouldn't have hearthed out with her dumb as hell husband as the Temple of the Moon burned behind her. She wouldn't have left hundreds of people inside to die. Queen Greymane shouldn't have been the one in the temple handing out quests, Tyrande should have been there.

This writing is an embarrassing joke.
08/01/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Amyrlina
The chosen disciple of Elune and the leader of the Night Elves would not have deserted the capital. The real Tyrande wouldn't have hearthed out with her dumb as hell husband as the Temple of the Moon burned behind her. She wouldn't have left hundreds of people inside to die. Queen Greymane shouldn't have been the one in the temple handing out quests, Tyrande should have been there.

Legion: Tyrande finishes the entire Val'sharah quest chain, in spite of Xavius rubbing it in that he has Malfurion and is probably torturing him, because Tyrande understands her duty as a priestess of Elune and leader of the night elves.

BfA: Tyrande is absent through the entirety of the attack on her people and lands, showing up only long enough to throw away all sense of duty so she can take Malfurion, newly-designated Most Important Person to Nelves, away to Stormwind. The player is told to help her people tolerate the Horde occupation.

I mean, I know the Val'sharah quest chain was tedious and not super popular, but I feel like the dev team should have played it at least ONCE so they'd know how ridiculous the idea that Tyrande would drop everything for Malfurion actually is.

(I'm also waiting for someone to explain why killing Malfurion would suddenly destroy the night elves morale and break their spirits. Everyone just seems to be taking Sylvanas's claim at face value that this would work.)

God, I can't disagree.

I feel so embarrassed for the Blizz writers. I want so much to compliment and support their work, and I know they must work so hard at what they do... but this isn't good work.

What makes it an even more bitter pill is that the writing was actually really improving in WoW. What the heck happened? This is awful.
Tyrande was saving Malfurion because he is a leader of the Alliance Clan, which is why she took him to Stormwind to be protected.

As in Cata, Aggra (Thrall's wife) and us players were always running around saving his butt.

They are leaders of our Clans and need to be protected
Tyrande and Saurfang were both so wildly out of character it wasn't funny.
08/01/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Woodspath

God, I can't disagree.

I feel so embarrassed for the Blizz writers. I want so much to compliment and support their work, and I know they must work so hard at what they do... but this isn't good work.

What makes it an even more bitter pill is that the writing was actually really improving in WoW. What the heck happened? This is awful.

Readers Digest Version
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but yes, yes she would have. And she did.
08/01/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Startastic
Tyrande was saving Malfurion because he is a leader of the Alliance Clan, which is why she took him to Stormwind to be protected.

As in Cata, Aggra (Thrall's wife) and us players were always running around saving his butt.

Tyrande could have very sensibly given Malf the hearthstone so he could escape, and she should have stayed behind. SHE is the leader of the night elves. Malfurion is just one druid of many. Just because he is her husband that makes him the priority? It doesn't make any sense.

The ones who need to be protected are the people. That is the responsibility of leaders... to protect their people...
This is a very good point. While we do follow her looking for Malfurion during Legion, as soon as she's presented a choice between her duty and her husband, she chooses her duty. But, we are presented with and asked to accept the exact opposite of her during BFA.

Tyrande left WAY before things burned, she only knew about a horde occupation and stayed only ensured her death.

Why would she be dumb enough to stay? why on earth would she let her husband die?

The complains about Tyrande don't even realize the time events happened.
Love makes you do stupid things. And clearly her love for that loser Malfurion outweighed her solemn duty to her people. What a shame.

Bad writing. Very bad writing.
08/01/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Kentaurus
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but yes, yes she would have. And she did.

She does the exact opposite of that in Val'sharah, when she essentially chooses to abandon Malfurion because Ysera is a more immediate threat to her people. If that Tyrande were there during the Burning of Teldrassil, she'd have thrown that Stormwind hearthstone at you and demanded you took Malfurion there while she helped her people in need.
08/01/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Amyrlina

Tyrande could have very sensibly given Malf the hearthstone so he could escape, and she should have stayed behind. SHE is the leader of the night elves. Malfurion is just one druid of many. Just because he is her husband that makes him the priority? It doesn't make any sense.

The ones who need to be protected are the people. That is the responsibility of leaders... to protect their people...

This is the part that irks me the most, we all know hearthstones only work for one person, and they removed mass summon.

"A King who doesn't care for his people is no true King."
08/01/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Triqz
This is a very good point. While we do follow her looking for Malfurion during Legion, as soon as she's presented a choice between her duty and her husband, she chooses her duty. But, we are presented with and asked to accept the exact opposite of her during BFA.

Probably more or less a "I won't lose you again no matter the cost" sorta deal. Love makes people do stupid things. This however would be considered a big "oops".
It’s completely inconsistent, trash tier writing.

Just last expansion she chooses a temple and Ysera over Malfurion. Now she chooses her !@#$boi over her home temple and the rest of her priestesses. Oml
Quite fitting that the 2 characters most bastardized by the writers end up having a talk near the end(Saurfang and Tyrande).

After healing him she could have had him use the hearth stone. Also why didn't all the elves use their hearth stones since apparently they actually now exist in lore.
08/01/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Woodspath

God, I can't disagree.

One of the issues is they've never truly written large story arcs. They threw hints of Old Gods and the Titans here and there but it's the mystery that kept people intrigued. Now that they're trying to tie loose ends with a bundle of information (Chronicle and in-game) they're showing the limits of their storytelling.

Malf was half dead with his skull open and an Axe stuck to it, in what world would he be able to escape alone? WTF?

Malfurion just a druid? WHAT?, Malfurion is the leader of the cenarion circle, direct disciple of cenarius and the other leader of the night elves, not to mention one of the most powerful men in the entire Alliance.

And OF COURSE she will give priority to her husband how the hell do you even think that makes no sense?

Tyrande could do literally nothing for her people. There's a difference between responsibility and stupidity.

08/01/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Kregor
"A King who doesn't care for his people is no true King."

She's not a Queen.