All Quests Abandoned

Customer Support
1 2 3 7 Next
I don't know if I can get help here but I began the Defense of the Fel Hammer quest. After watching the cut scene from accepting the quest I walked over to the Illidari Gateway and clicked it to begin the scenario. You can imagine my surprise when I was teleported back to where Kor'vas was and all of my quests were abandoned somehow. I need serious help because I do not want to go back through Suramar and Argus quests that I already completed. Even my account wide quests for pet battles were abandoned. Thank you for your time.
There was a bug earlier that dumped your quest log. But that has been fixed. You'll just have to go back and reacquire the quests again.

But if it just happened, you'll want to post in Bug Reports.
08/02/2018 01:22 AMPosted by Kusobera
There was a bug earlier that dumped your quest log. But that has been fixed. You'll just have to go back and reacquire the quests again.

But if it just happened, you'll want to post in Bug Reports.

I posted it in bug reports but am I supposed to get any sort of notification or something about it. I'm new to the support system because I never usually have problems haha. But the problem happened around 9 hours ago.
08/02/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Calar
But the problem happened around 9 hours ago.

Then you were part of the people effected. Unfortunately you'll have to go back and pick up your quests. It was a wild bug that appeared and has been fixed
08/02/2018 01:34 AMPosted by Thunderwulf

Then you were part of the people effected. Unfortunately you'll have to go back and pick up your quests. It was a wild bug that appeared and has been fixed
Well now I'm ready for BFA lol there is way too many to have to pick up and redo.
but am I supposed to get any sort of notification or something about it.
Not really. QA usually doesn't respond unless they have more questions.
This happened 9 hours ago? Then it was fixed by now. Sadly, any quests you lost have to be reacquired and any progress you had will have to be restarted.
08/02/2018 01:36 AMPosted by Calar
Well now I'm ready for BFA lol there is way too many to have to pick up and redo.

That's your choice. Blizzard doesn't have the ability to restore your questlog.
Theres realy nothing to redo your quests are still there you just need to repick them up.
I had some quests from bosses like the head of Ossiran and it won't let me pick up a new head to start the quest again because it says I already have it. I guess it thinks it's still in my inventory even though it's hidden with quest items?
08/02/2018 02:23 AMPosted by Edirn
I had some quests from bosses like the head of Ossiran and it won't let me pick up a new head to start the quest again because it says I already have it. I guess it thinks it's still in my inventory even though it's hidden with quest items?
You might want to put a ticket in for that one.
Hello everybody,

Due to an issue, during a short time between 1st of August, 09:30 pm and 2nd of August 01:45 am players would get all their quest log abandoned when using a teleportation ability, such as hearthstone or mage portal. This issue is fixed by now, and we will try to assist you with recovering your quest progress.

If you lost a progress of a quest, that can be completed during single play session, please, proceed by restarting this quest.

If you were impacted by this issue and you lost a progress of a multistep quest, that takes several days to complete or a quest that you are not able to pick up anymore, we will try to recover the progress. Please, note, that we do not guarantee to recover progress as it was before the loss, but we will do our best.

Kind regards

This is a direct quote from the EU sites, source: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17621392293?page=6#post-120

Is the same going to be offered to the US player base? From my understanding when this first was being reported on it was given a SOL you have to start again for long time requirement quests.
08/02/2018 05:26 AMPosted by Daicemerolen
This is a direct quote from the EU sites, source: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17621392293?page=6#post-120

Is the same going to be offered to the US player base? From my understanding when this first was being reported on it was given a SOL you have to start again for long time requirement quests.
That would be a question for the devs. You would need to ask it in General Discussion, as they monitor that forum for feedback. The devs don't monitor the support forums, nor are the support forum agents able to act as liaisons to the devs.
This is still happening. I just logged in 10 mins ago and my quest log was wiped clean. WTF. I was fine yesterday and now nothing. I thought this was supposed to be fixed.
08/02/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Ghostslice
This is still happening. I just logged in 10 mins ago and my quest log was wiped clean. WTF. I was fine yesterday and now nothing. I thought this was supposed to be fixed.

To be clear, you had quests in your log this morning and it got wiped again? Or after they were wiped yesterday, you didn't go back and pick any up so your quest log is still empty today.
Edit: Please don't troll our forum if you wish to retain your ability to post.

Thanks!

--Orlyia
Maybe wait for Ghostslice to reply with clarifying information if it's related to the earlier issue or something that's come up again.

But it sounds like you can make a great game too. look forward to playing a truly engaging game with 100% uptime and no bugs for decades to come. Get to it, you could make millions, billions even.
08/02/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Purptard
Haha just as I predicted.

i wouldn't put too much money on that...

it's more likely that they lost their quests the last time they were logged in, and only just noticed now.
Just happened to me. This is getting ridiculous. Erases quests I've spent hours and hours working on and erasing 1700 pts in achievements. Blizzard, I can't play your game if you randomly erase things I've worked on.
08/02/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Tragan
Blizzard, I can't play your game if you randomly erase things I've worked on.

You think it's intentional?
08/02/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Nephe
08/02/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Tragan
Blizzard, I can't play your game if you randomly erase things I've worked on.

You think it's intentional?

For the quest log bug? No, incompetence doesn't have to be intentional.