All Quests Abandoned

Customer Support
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
08/02/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Tragan
Just happened to me. This is getting ridiculous. Erases quests I've spent hours and hours working on and erasing 1700 pts in achievements. Blizzard, I can't play your game if you randomly erase things I've worked on.

Were you logged in yesterday, Tragen?

Are you certain this didn't happen and you just noticed they were gone this morning?
Edit: Farewell.

--Orlyia
08/02/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Tragan
08/02/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Nephe

You think it's intentional?

For the quest log bug? No, incompetence doesn't have to be intentional.

Yeah... you seem to have a different understanding of that word than I do.
08/02/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Purptard
Stop trolling your players saying it's fixed when it's not.

Only that it likely is fixed and the two unsubstantiated claims are really just players that didn't realize their quest log is *still* empty from yesterday.
I still have 0/0 for "Stabilizing Suramar" when I was 7/10.. now all the world quests are gone and I have work tomorrow so I wont be able to complete it now for another week.. I also had legacy quests with progress that I doubt I will ever see again.. They were all removed when I killed kil'jaeden in a raid finder I exited and Imagine my disappointment when I looked over at my progress.
Just happened to me. This is getting ridiculous. Erases quests I've spent hours and hours working on and erasing 1700 pts in achievements. Blizzard, I can't play your game if you randomly erase things I've worked on.
They did not erase 1700 pts in achievements. If your list changed that much, you have a display error.

Any drops in achievement points are the result of achievements being moved to Legacy or Feats of Strength. I don't think they've moved 1700 pts worth of achievements to there in total as most achievements are only 5 or 10 points.
08/02/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Orlyia

Were you logged in yesterday, Tragen?

Are you certain this didn't happen and you just noticed they were gone this morning?

I was on yesterday but I can't say if it happened last night or this morning since I wasn't in any pve content so I wasn't paying attention to my quest log.I know it did work around 5pm cause I did some quests I missed in Teldrassil for transmog. Then I logged out for a few hours and back in around 8 - 11p for an RP event. Then I logged in around 830a this morning to catch some rares and noticed it then. All times CST.
08/02/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Earthsmoke
I still have 0/0 for "Stabilizing Suramar" when I was 7/10

If you were 7/10 when the wipe happened yesterday, then you'll have to pick the quest back up and start over unfortunately.
08/02/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Tragan
around 8 - 11p
That would have been during the time that the quest log issue was happening.
08/02/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Rufflebottom
They did not erase 1700 pts in achievements. If your list changed that much, you have a display error.

Any drops in achievement points are the result of achievements being moved to Legacy or Feats of Strength. I don't think they've moved 1700 pts worth of achievements to there in total as most achievements are only 5 or 10 points.

I mean over the span of the last few patches. Ulduar, First Aid, etc. Some of those are understandable but there was no reason to erase most of them. They could have just added a timewalker option to raids, or moved the non-progress first aid achievements to profession. No one cares about feats of strength that I know. You erase an achievement you erase its points. But this is off subject. You and I will just have to agree to disagree on this.
You were definitely logged in during the times that this happened then. This almost certainly happened last night and not today.

If it was happening again today, the forums would already be blowing up.
Well then I may "unfortunately" cancel my subscription and get my refund for BoA since we seem to be in the habit of answering problems with lazy answers.
08/02/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Earthsmoke
get my refund for BoA
Good luck with that, mate: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/138533
I was on yesterday but I can't say if it happened last night or this morning since I wasn't in any pve content so I wasn't paying attention to my quest log.I know it did work around 5pm cause I did some quests I missed in Teldrassil for transmog. Then I logged out for a few hours and back in around 8 - 11p for an RP event. Then I logged in around 830a this morning to catch some rares and noticed it then. All times CST.

Looking at your logs, and Ghost's - yes, both of these happened during the time this bug was active. That was actually a very short period of time. So, while you might not have noticed, it's also possible your display wasn't reflecting it, these were all abandoned during the impacted period. We've not seen a confirmed report yet of this continuing.
08/02/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Earthsmoke
Well then I may "unfortunately" cancel my subscription and get my refund for BoA since we seem to be in the habit of answering problems with lazy answers.

You're welcome to ask for a refund. You'll qualify for one if you didn't use the boost and if you haven't unlocked any of the allied races.
Played like 10 different games this year and WoW IS the only one where I have had to come on a forum and complain about a progress halting bug... since around 5-7 pm yesterday
Forum staff don't fix problems. They're aren't direct liaison with developers and QA either. That can only provide updates when given to them.

But if you truly hate Blizzard, move on. Hopefully you haven'y unlocked allied races or used the 110 boost that came with BfA - you'll be ineligible for refund then.
How many of those games were a 14 year old MMO with millions of lines of code?

It sucks that this bug happened just like it sucks when any bug in any software happens.
08/02/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Orlyia

Looking at your logs, and Ghost's - yes, both of these happened during the time this bug was active. That was actually a very short period of time. So, while you might not have noticed, it's also possible your display wasn't reflecting it, these were all abandoned during the impacted period. We've not seen a confirmed report yet of this continuing.

The Kill, Salute Kill! quest is the one I'm most worried about since it's the one that takes the longest to catch up. Should I pick it up again or will that possibly override the old quest if you guys are able to revert the quest logs to last night? Or is it too early to know yet?
08/02/2018 07:01 AMPosted by Earthsmoke
Played like 10 different games this year and WoW IS the only one where I have had to come on a forum and complain about a progress halting bug...

Good for you I guess, the blues here aren't going to change anything nor anyone else will do what you want because you stop your sub.