Account Wide Reputation

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
07/31/2018 06:17 AMPosted by Voidarcane
With the recent implementation (THANK GOD BLIZZARD it was really needed) of account wide honor levels; I was wondering if it would be possible to have the same go for most, if not all, reputations.

My point in this is that my main has already accumulated 46 exalted reputations and climbing and my horde main is also nearing 40, as well as someone who is a heavy altaholic with 1 of every class at 110, how much of a quality of life improvement it would be to have most reputations account wide especially where we are soon to be over 100 reputations to grind.

I was just wondering what others would think of this if they took the highest rank reputation you have and made it account wide (or only those reputations you have already at exalted account wide) seeing as we just got account wide honor.

I do wonder if people understand that they dramatically increased the honor grind to accommodate account wide honor, but because your honor carried over, no one is really complaining about that aspect...yet.

Reputation is a different beast, since it's not just one bar. Sure, your old rep will seem like a boon in some account wide system, but if they made account wide rep, grinding current/future rep in the game is going to become absolutely miserable, because you know Blizzard would make the rep numbers vastly larger in response.

Be careful what you ask for and all that jazz.
This would be awesome!
I doubt they'd go account wide but I'd like server wide.

I just can't get behind the idea of having to collect a tabard for transmog X amount of times. I've unlocked it, let me use it, everywhere. I think that restriction is utterly stupid and a gate that should be torn down.
07/31/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Narthexia
You get ALL the perks on all your characters except the perk of being that person who did everything on one character for years and years and years. That perk is MINE.

Getting my blue unicorn, yeah!

You and me both buddy. 83 Exalted this character atm

Also it sucks that best friend doesn't count
07/31/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Viarin
With the recent implementation (THANK GOD BLIZZARD it was really needed) of account wide honor levels; I was wondering if it would be possible to have the same go for most, if not all, reputations.

My point in this is that my main has already accumulated 46 exalted reputations and climbing and my horde main is also nearing 40, as well as someone who is a heavy altaholic with 1 of every class at 110, how much of a quality of life improvement it would be to have most reputations account wide especially where we are soon to be over 100 reputations to grind.

I was just wondering what others would think of this if they took the highest rank reputation you have and made it account wide (or only those reputations you have already at exalted account wide) seeing as we just got account wide honor.

I do wonder if people understand that they dramatically increased the honor grind to accommodate account wide honor, but because your honor carried over, no one is really complaining about that aspect...yet.

Reputation is a different beast, since it's not just one bar. Sure, your old rep will seem like a boon in some account wide system, but if they made account wide rep, grinding current/future rep in the game is going to become absolutely miserable, because you know Blizzard would make the rep numbers vastly larger in response.

I do not mean to combined reps into one single rep, just taking Exalted reps only and making those account wide would be nice. Not saying on I have 5000/21000 revered on 2 characters It would not be 10000/21000 it would still be 5000/21000 because that is the highest rep on a toon.

I've complained bitterly in the warmode forum. I was level 25 prestige and after the change I was level 131 honor and my next reward is at level 150 honor when I get a horsie that was the reward for level 21 prestige. i have to repeat FIVE levels of rewards before I can even work towards something new. It's .. just so dispiriting and ridiculous.
07/31/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Gorthus
07/31/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Narthexia
You get ALL the perks on all your characters except the perk of being that person who did everything on one character for years and years and years. That perk is MINE.

Getting my blue unicorn, yeah!

You and me both buddy. 83 Exalted this character atm

Also it sucks that best friend doesn't count

Exactly, I mean if I ever wanted to change mains I'd have to go and grind all of those reputations again. Even if they just made it so only Exalted Reputations where account wide that would be great.
Yes, please.

The main reason I HATED the rep grind for the 4 first allied races is I felt obligated to do them on my paladin main. I was further along in every reputation with him, so grinding it out on any other character would have been more fun, but take more time.

I will take reduced rep or divided rep or whatever math makes it do that people with 12 characters can't get exalted in a day, just let me grind out the 20 other allied races you have planned with more than one character so I don't hate the game.
These debates on achievements always come down to 1 thing for me.

Did my character get this achievement or did I do it? Most lore based events I am alright with my character having that achievement.

My character is the Overlord of the Council of the Black Harvest. And thanks to being such is treated a certain way in game.

However I earned "A Glorious Campaign" My character has no clue at all what a WoW achievement even is. It's not his work it's mine.

In the same way my character goes through the faction quests, gaining their trust and helping them out where he can. But I'm the one painstakingly grinding reputations for 20, 40, 60 or more hours. The achievement is mine and has nothing to do with lore or the character.

Unless we feel in lore Toraan the Revered is sitting there with a calculator. "How many quests did you do? 5? You need one more if you want my mining pick... Uhh. Oh! That demon general is alive again, if you kill him it will give you enough points with me and I will let you buy my pick axe! But not my flute, you need more points to be able to buy the flute. Come on, you've already killed him 8 times he should be easy for you by now."
07/31/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Narthexia

I've complained bitterly in the warmode forum. I was level 25 prestige and after the change I was level 131 honor and my next reward is at level 150 honor when I get a horsie that was the reward for level 21 prestige. i have to repeat FIVE levels of rewards before I can even work towards something new. It's .. just so dispiriting and ridiculous.

I'm not saying it should be combined reputation so you would have to repeat.

I am saying you take the highest (preferably only exalted) reps and make them account wide so you would need to reach exalted only once.
Please no including the old ones, the old ones are those that provide replayable content. No way you should get patterns or transmog for 20 characters because you spent a few hours doing rep on one.

I do find it quite annoying how all of the Pandaria Reputations are Exalted on my Troll Warrior, all of the Draenor Reps are exalted on my Night Elf Warrior, and most of the other reps are exalted on my main character and STILL they don't combine for the 100 Reps Exalted Achievement. That's all I personally care about, is that the achievement would take from all the Exalted Reps on your account total.
07/31/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Narthexia
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It's like the general wow player has no basic concept of math as they cheered account wide honor. lol.

Considering most rewards were account wide already, literally the only thing Bliz needed to do was not make you gain a prestige level just to get your pvp talents. Instead...account wide honor, dramatically increasing the grind...oh...and they did give us our pvp talents for free. It's a massive up yours, and the community has thanked them for it, and my mind has just reeled in the community's stupidity.
07/31/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Lokki
But I'm the one painstakingly grinding reputations for 20, 40, 60 or more hours. The achievement is mine and has nothing to do with lore or the character.

How are you able to do that outside the game and what does that look like ? No you aren't grinding reputations by yourself, you are using A character to do that rep grind. If you yourself had done that rep grind it already WOULD be account wide and not attached to a character.

Rep is part of individual character progression and should remain as such.
All im saying is, that it doesnt make sense that in game where its very clear that they dont want you to just drag along with one character the whole time (some do and thats good for you), that they do nothing to accommodate those who simply want a change of pace every now and then.

I mean at the end of the day I still had to get those specific reps to exalted once before no? Its not like it'd be cheating. At the end of the day, I did just as much as the person that (for some reason) likes playing one class for 14 years, so why can't my work be properly recognized from different characters

It's like the general wow player has no basic concept of math as they cheered account wide honor. lol.

Considering most rewards were account wide already, literally the only thing Bliz needed to do was not make you gain a prestige level just to get your pvp talents. Instead...account wide honor, dramatically increasing the grind...oh...and they did give us our pvp talents for free. It's a massive up yours, and the community has thanked them for it, and my mind has just reeled in the community's stupidity.

I am not saying the reputations should be additive at all. Just take the highest rank (preferably only Exalted Reputations) and make only those account wide. Unlike the new honor system which is additive where in the unfortunate event you may be further from getting a said reward.
Account wide reps? I'm against it - individual reputations should be character specific (usable account wide reputation rewards/items ,if applicable, is fine though imo.)

Account wide META achievements associated with reputations (pathfinder, total reputation count, etc.) should be account wide, however.
07/31/2018 06:30 AMPosted by Corachin
I hope not. Each character is unique with their own back story and accomplishments. They have already done account wide sharing where it makes sense and maybe a bit too much in my opinion.

Each character is played by the same person. That same person gets exalted one or more times.

I'd at least like the option to transfer the reps from one alt to another of the same level. This way whatever is the current fav to play can keep the gains going.
More and more I understand this request. It is very difficult for people to be able to stick with a main the way Blizzard butchers a class from expansion to expansion leading to people bouncing from main to main. I can feel for those people and it in turn makes it rather unfair for those that want to keep up with the content they already accomplished on a previous main. I will throw a +1 OP, I finally see your point.
07/31/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Shiez
I prefer having the commendations for all the reputations, just like in MoP

I agree maybe not account wide rep, but maybe some tokens or rep at a faster rate if already exalted with one toon