So is the Horde just dead now?

Story Forum
07/31/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Iyasra
07/31/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Valko
I can't imagine how you could ever come back from this. This makes Garrosh's invasion of Pandaria look nuanced and reasonable.

How can you walk this back? Why would anyone want to play Horde in BFA? And even beyond this is going to...linger. This is just...ugh.
The majority of the horde fan base play the faction to be the bad guy though...I can 100% bet the guy with the metal shirt playing a Orc Warrior is cheering the story on because he gets to slaughter Elfs....

Only a small number do. If you make the game unenjoyable to those who don't, numbers will drop significantly.
Where's our boy Yagarr at?
when will mother take the pain away
07/31/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Kazrolath
We just need to purge the forsaken from the horde and kill sylvanas.
I would point out that the majority of Sylvie supporters (on the forum at least) are Belf and Nightborne, not Forsaken! Liking Sylvie is hardly a sin (although I myself dislike her in the extreme) but I sort of feel like Forsaken players are being blamed for things that other sorts of players like...

Not judging, just clarifying!
My problem isn't even with Sylvanas, like her arriving at this point of hating life makes sense. She can't see that she's become what she hated, which is fine. The bigger issue is that Vol'jin died due to bad writing and made her warchief in the first place. It doesn't really make sense other than to get us to this point. The writing in general is just low quality.
I felt like Nathanos for a second.

A pause, and then "no time for pauses!"
What the Warchief wants the Warchief gets.
If I didn't love the Zandalari stuff coming so much I'd either switch to Alliance or just quit :(
07/31/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Rixlee
07/31/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Baljin
Yeah we're basically dead. I could sit down for an hour and come up with hypothetical reasons as to how to make this work out, and I couldn't come up with a single one that is actually convincing.

It would be interesting if subscription number for the Horde start getting "soft". But then we will never know.

Why would them? not all people want to play the lawful good overdrive faction.

I played Warhammer Online and Chaos had far more players than Order.
07/31/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Ponex
My problem isn't even with Sylvanas, like her arriving at this point of hating life makes sense. She can't see that she's become what she hated, which is fine. The bigger issue is that Vol'jin died due to bad writing and made her warchief in the first place. It doesn't really make sense other than to get us to this point. The writing in general is just low quality.

Sylvanas has emotional problems, just like Genn and Jaina. She has allowed this to motivate her to kill innocents. Jus like Genn and Jaina. It does make her an interesting character. The problem is that my character now follows her and help her succeed? I wouldn't do that for Genn or Jaina.

If I had any other motivation, then I could carry on, but Blizzard hasn't given any. I mean, if the Alliance was invading Azshara and was killing my people (_again_) that would be something. But right now I'm just faced with pushing Sylvanas' agenda.
must remember...dinosaurs...pyramids...
How can you walk this back? Why would anyone want to play Horde in BFA? And even beyond this is going to...linger. This is just...ugh.

You go out and do what the Horde do best, OP: get the big scary monster to kill bigger scarier monsters.
I'm playing Horde because I'd rather quit than play Alliance. That and friends.
07/31/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Morgano
07/31/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Rixlee

It would be interesting if subscription number for the Horde start getting "soft". But then we will never know.

Why would them? not all people want to play the lawful good overdrive faction.

I played Warhammer Online and Chaos had far more players than Order.

Most players want their characters to be at least doing to good thing for their character. If they have their own motivation, the world around them can be "grey". But right now, we are faced with the idea that we are helping Sylvanas "kill hope". That isn't going to work for most.

Some will be fine with it, but they won't even be a majority.
Well I'm not gonna give them the satisfaction of Faction-Change money so guess I'm here to stay.
I can't imagine how you could ever come back from this. This makes Garrosh's invasion of Pandaria look nuanced and reasonable.

Well, the Horde will come back from this with the help of Anduin, Lightfored Undead Calia, and Anduin's old BFF and new BFF, Baine and Saurfang. All working together to depose Sylvanas and remake the Horde in the Alliance's image. But you have to play through BFA before you can reach that point. Or stop playing until the next expansion.

Because it's fun? Because as bad as the writing is we still have more interesting characters? Because I like the aesthetics? Because I've loved Undead since their introduction into this franchise before WoW? Because I'd rather be surrounded by Tauren, Orcs, and Trolls than Night Elves, and Worgen or Draenei? Because I don't mind being the bad guy? Almost everything about the Alliance turns me off, and there is not ever a chance I would play them over horde, ever.

My only issue with this chapter is that I'm worried they're taking the Garrosh way, and I don't want to see that again. It's not fair for us. Otherwise I'm down for a war, back to the roots. It's about damn time.

I don't want to play Horde in BFA, but at this point it would cost more money than I'm willing to give to the idiots who A-Okayed this, so I'm kinda stuck.
07/31/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Quelandoris

I don't want to play Horde in BFA, but at this point it would cost more money than I'm willing to give to the idiots who A-Okayed this, so I'm kinda stuck.
I make it a personal mandate that any server I play on, I level two warriors and two death knights for Alliance and Horde incase the story is crap for one of them.
My guild is Horde.

Sigh.