Lok-Tar... Ogar?

General Discussion
Blizzard.

I don't think anything you've done since I first started back in Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos, has disgusted and disappointed me as much as today.

I have been a passionate horde player, unquestioning my loyalty. I wear horde merchandise and have never even considered purchasing alliance-themed goods, no matter how good they looked. I Love the Horde.

And I have been defending and rationalizing every piece you put out in regards to BFA and the horde. But today was the line.

Sylvanas Windrunner has been my favorite character since i first saw her in War3. And today you've officially killed her for me. She will always be my favorite, just not whoever this character is you are pushing now. Because its not Sylvanas Windrunner.

This was lazy. This was disgusting.

You could have made it almost literally anyone else, and it would have been interesting. Instead you are just turning Sylvanas into a mwuahaha typical villain.
Worse yet, you have made it appear as though she burned the tree on a whim, to prove a point to some nobody night elf.

I'm going to continue this expansion out, with hope in my heart that you will properly restore the horde to the one i loved. Giving us Garrosh again is lazy. Thats besides the fact that none of the leaders don't just call her out on the spot. Barring spoilers regarding saurfang, what about Baine and Lorthemar? Neither of them would put up with this type of stuff either, ESPECIALLY Baine. His father challenged Garrosh for far less.

And making Saurfang warchief down the road (if they go this route) is just twisting the knife. The day saurfang becomes warchief is the day i quit the horde. I love Saurfang but it will just show that you have lost your vision for what the horde was originally. Warchiefs have a faster turnover rate then cashiers at the supermarket.

ADDITIONALLY, Making the sylvanas warbringers video and the burning of teldrassil cinematic, was lazy as well. The warbringers video series should have been it's own thing set aside and the burning of teldrassil should have had a cinematic similar to that of the broken shore.

You've grown lazy blizz. This saddens me deeply. As a long time horde player, i beg you to improve the quality of your story telling. Re-think your approach with the horde and Sylvanas. I've been playing a long time and honestly, i feel forced to switch to alliance, and believe me there is no choice in this. I refuse to acknowledge what you've done to the horde. I WILL NOT play the horde on this path you've chosen. And to be honest i'll probably quit the game entirely shortly there after.

But i'm just another voice among thousands. You've gone too far today blizzard.

Anar'alah Belore. Lok-tar Ogar. I beg you blizzard. Do not destroy the horde.
Random Night Elf: you can't kill hope

Sylvanas: hold my beer
Ogar.
Starting to think the day Arthas finally died, was the day we lost the True Sylvanas.

What we have now is a mockery of what she was in WC3.

Though the Night Elves are also suffering this. Tyrande went from powerful independent woman leading an army of warrior-priestesses to... being the priestess who just cleans up malfurion's mess and lets him do the talking.
OP's not a part of the true horde
07/31/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Iirissa
Starting to think the day Arthas finally died, was the day we lost the True Sylvanas.

What we have now is a mockery of what she was in WC3.

Though the Night Elves are also suffering this. Tyrande went from powerful independent woman leading an army of warrior-priestesses to... being the priestess who just cleans up malfurion's mess and lets him do the talking.

You can say the Frostmorne is the cause as it corrupted her.
07/31/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Verinir
Random Night Elf: you can't kill hope
Sylvanas: hold my beer

Yeah... you're right. She crushed our hopes... for WoW.
07/31/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Valaara
Blizzard.

I don't think anything you've done since I first started back in Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos, has disgusted and disappointed me as much as today.

I have been a passionate horde player, unquestioning my loyalty. I wear horde merchandise and have never even considered purchasing alliance-themed goods, no matter how good they looked. I Love the Horde.

And I have been defending and rationalizing every piece you put out in regards to BFA and the horde. But today was the line.

Sylvanas Windrunner has been my favorite character since i first saw her in War3. And today you've officially killed her for me. She will always be my favorite, just not whoever this character is you are pushing now. Because its not Sylvanas Windrunner.

You could have made it almost literally anyone else, and it would have been interesting. Instead you are just turning Sylvanas into a mwuahaha typical villain.
Worse yet, you have made it appear as though she burned the tree on a whim, to prove a point to some nobody night elf.

I'm going to continue this expansion out, with hope in my heart that you will properly restore the horde to the one i loved. Giving us Garrosh again is lazy. Thats besides the fact that none of the leaders don't just call her out on the spot. Barring spoilers regarding saurfang, what about Baine and Lorthemar? Neither of them would put up with this type of stuff either, ESPECIALLY Baine. His father challenged Garrosh for far less.

And making Saurfang warchief down the road (if they go this route) is just twisting the knife. The day saurfang becomes warchief is the day i quit the horde. I love Saurfang but it will just show that you have lost your vision for what the horde was originally. Warchiefs have a faster turnover rate then cashiers at the supermarket.

ADDITIONALLY, Making the sylvanas warbringers video and the burning of teldrassil cinematic, was lazy as well. The warbringers video series should have been it's own thing set aside and the burning of teldrassil should have had a cinematic similar to that of the broken shore.

You've grown lazy blizz. This saddens me deeply. As a long time horde player, i beg you to improve the quality of your story telling. Re-think your approach with the horde and Sylvanas. I've been playing a long time and honestly, i feel forced to switch to alliance, and believe me there is no choice in this. I refuse to acknowledge what you've done to the horde. I WILL NOT play the horde on this path you've chosen. And to be honest i'll probably quit the game entirely shortly there after.

where were you in cata, you know the xpac that made sylvanas evil
Not my Horde. This regressive, crappy story line spits in the face of the honor bound members of the horde, writing them as spineless lackies unwilling or unable to see and act when their leaders are honorless.
I'm pretty sure that Sylvanas has always been this way. If you don't remember, she had her apothecaries to work on new plagues and blight that would not only kill the living, but the undead. She had thoughts of killing both her sisters and to mention during legion she tried to suppress the Val'kyrs for her own personal means, who were our allies against the Legion. Am I surprised that Sylvanas started a war and burned the tree? No, I expect that of her. I'd be more surprised if she actually occupied the city.

ALSO, if you were a true Horde fan, you'd be down with Sylvanas anyways because most Horde die hards are "Death to the Alliance" anyways lol
07/31/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Valaara
Blizzard.

I hear you, but endure it anyway. We always knew what Sylvanas was. But she didn't reject us Sin'dori like the Alliance and the Silver Covenant did.

Yes Sylvanas has always had a propensity for murder. Just like Arthas. It would have been nice to see him redeemed too, but no dice. She is what she is, a banshee, a killer but also, Warchief.

The Warchief turn over should not tell you that that we are weak. The Horde is not the alliance. No kings, no princes. Just one who will hold this rowdy band of misfits together and will carry us forward. Some get redemption (like us at the sunwell) some don't (like the forsaken). Some are noble and giving (tauren) some are ignoble and greedy (goblins). But we are still the Horde.

Lok'tar Ogar Sister
07/31/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Cheerslove

If you disagree, you're the one who's the fake.
07/31/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Katiera
where were you in cata, you know the xpac that made sylvanas evil

Let's go one further. Where were you pre-Cata when the vanilla quests had Sylvanas working on plague with the intent of wiping out the living?
they're always blood elves
I find OP's shock at the Lich Queen's behaviour genuinely puzzling - if there's one thing that Blizzard have done right with her it's that she's been consistently evil and nasty ever since vanilla and all through subsequent expansions, as have most of the Forsaken. I remember one particular quest in the Gilneas starting zone for worgen (since removed) where you had to avenge a mother who's kids were killed in front of her by the invading Forsaken because they were physically unable to work in the mines and were therefore useless to them. It's only a video game but boy, that got me in the angry feelz.

The first thought she had after we beat the Burning Legion and before Azerite was discovered was to invade Stormwind, kill all the civilians and raise them as new members of the Forsaken. Again, stupid evil.

So how come you Hordies are all shocked now?
07/31/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Amadahy
07/31/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Cheerslove

If you disagree, you're the one who's the fake.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/No_True_Scotsman
Even in WC3 she was evil. Literally murdered her partner who helped her retake UC because she didn't want to share the throne with him.
07/31/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Sladewolf
Even in WC3 she was evil. Literally murdered her partner who helped her retake UC because she didn't want to share the throne with him.

Ehh not quite, both of them made a deal, deal was she gtfo after the battle was won...she lied and agreed then killed him.
The Dark Lady has always been about her own agenda and has never been the peace loven little Ms innocent. She 1st lived for nothing but to kill the Lich King, which after that was done she tried to kill herself but found hell not a nice place to be. So he new lot in life was to live for her people and to do what ever it took so they would survive.