Did anyone defend Holinka?

General Discussion
No one made threads to leave him.
He was harassed on Twitter.
People made death threats on him and his family.
There's no need to defend any one individual. All that needs to be said is, if you make death threats to someone over a video game, you have severe mental issues and need to be seen by a professional.
Anyone sad enough to harass someone on Twitter over a video game, let alone making death threats, needs to have their internet privelages removed forever.
I think you skipped the part where you explain why we should care about some dude on the internet.
I am sure he was and I am sure all those things were reported. I would not be shocked if everyone at blizz who posts publicly on twitter has had one.
It isn't my job to defend people from the mentally unstable on the Internet.
Probably. IDK, I don't pay too much attention to the pvp side of things.
08/01/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Meritha
Probably. IDK, I don't pay too much attention to the pvp side of things.

People are threatening him with real life PvP.
08/01/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Mugino

I have no idea who he is, it isn't my job to moderate twitter, and it isn't my job to babysit people I have never met either.
I loved holinka as pvp dev. Mentally I'll people I swear.
what the !@#$ is this 2016 thread?
didn't holinka got fired like 2 years ago?

People defended him all the time from the hate he got. I liked Holinka. I can't say how good a developer he was or wasn't, but he seems like a a stand-up guy. At the start of WoD I responded to a Tweet he made about Ashran, where I expressed my dislike for it. Much to my surprise he responded back and we had a brief conversation where he asked me what I didn't like about Ashran. He seemed genuinely interested in feedback from myself and other players without the condescending attitude some developers (not just Blizzard ones) have when taking feedback from fans and players.
the only people that defended holinka 2 years ago when he got fired were the same people that, 2 weeks ago during the launch of prepatch, said that leveling was fine and enjoyable.
aka people that only exist in the forums

also why is this thread even going on? isn't this ultra outdated !@#$?
Erm a lot of people treat those people like they have mental issues... They don't always do. Not every bad behavior is explained by mental issues. It's a people issue... The internet lets you be anonymous and some abuse of that. Like anything in life, if you give some power, some will abuse it. A lot of people have mental issues and they don't necessarily do those things. PLZ stop thinking you need that to be a crappy person.

I don't know who that is, but threatening people on the internet is NEVER cool. I don't have a problem with players criticizing the ideas/decisions/actions made/taken by game devs as long as they don't make it personally mean (I'm assuming Holinka is a WoW dev?).
08/01/2018 06:32 AMPosted by Jostlen
There's no need to defend any one individual. All that needs to be said is, if you make death threats to someone over a video game, you have severe mental issues and need to be seen by a professional.

This.

You can hate the story and you can be angry enough that you wish you could beat people up with a dead cat until it comes back to life and starts meowing, but you don't threaten specific people IRL, it's in poor taste.

Challenge Ion to Mak'gora instead, his resto shammy sucks at PVP.
08/01/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Owie

I don't know who that is, but threatening people on the internet is NEVER cool. I don't have a problem with players criticizing the ideas/decisions/actions made/taken by game devs as long as they don't make it personally mean (I'm assuming Holinka is a WoW dev?).
ITT, lots of people going "It's not my job to care about anyone but myself."
Maybe because the nut cases who do things like make death threats have always existed everywhere on Earth since people were a thing? They aren't representative of anyone but themselves and their insanity doesn't cause sane people who just didn't like a product to suddenly like it and decide to spend money.
The point the op is trying to make is there was no one defending him, nor ion from the strong critisism, harrassment, and threats they received.

But when it happened to Christie, there was tons of threads, posts, people going crazy on Twitter talking all about how it's wrong to do such things. Which yes it is, but these people were no where to be found when it happened to make devs. Sexism is quite alive indeed.