New NVIDIA drivers are out!

General Discussion
08/01/2018 11:36 PMPosted by Brax
Has anyone gotten GFE to recognize the game as WoW: BfA vs. the previous WoW: Legion? The new drivers installed fine on my system but GFE is still giving me the old Legion screenshots and suggested settings.

Are you uninstalling your old drivers before installing the new ones?
08/02/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Tao

I used the GeForce Experience driver installer. I don't know how much uninstallation it does or doesn't do. I do know it's a recommended and supported method of updating drivers though.

I'd still be happy to manually uninstall if I thought it would make a difference, but since all the reports I have seen on this topic across the web say the settings suggestions have not yet been updated for BfA, I'm disinclined to bother. Or are you saying you are in fact seeing new updated settings? Mine still recommend "fullscreen" which is one big clue they are not meant for BFA.
08/02/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Tao
08/01/2018 11:36 PMPosted by Brax
Has anyone gotten GFE to recognize the game as WoW: BfA vs. the previous WoW: Legion? The new drivers installed fine on my system but GFE is still giving me the old Legion screenshots and suggested settings.

I used DDU and reinstalled and it still comes up with the wrong options... no freaking clue.
08/01/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Tao
There's new NVIDIA drivers out that optimize Battle For Azeroth!

New feature and fixes in driver 398.82
Game Ready - Provides the optimal gaming experience for World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth and Monster Hunter: World.

Ugh now I have to update the drivers once again and reboot :(
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Nope. Cox cable. I think it probably glitched out.

Cox that expalins everything

Realistically it depends on your location if various providers are crap or not. Cox in my area is by far superior to the other 2. Slightly more expensive but 100% more consistent service and higher speeds available. We tried swapping once for the cheaper cost and had to call them out to our house 4 times within a couple weeks before we just gave up and went back to Cox, who we have had to call for support twice in like 15 years.

Also sometime last year they more than doubled our speed with no change of cost so that was cool.
08/01/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Gorev
Question: Will this driver work for a Nvidia Geforce 840 (which is the one I have)?

The only reason I ask is because a Game Ready Driver I installed not too long ago (it was a couple versions before this new one) caused Overwatch to have memory leaks.

So...will it adversely effect a GeForce 840? Or shall I drop everything and start downloading that driver immediately?

Go get it!