Serious Question for PvPers

General Discussion
This isn't trying to insult or be rude to anyone, I just have to ask straightly outward because I have no idea how to be nice about it.

Do you think it's actual skill to gank someone? Do you think going 2+ to 1 is actually fair or balanced?

I do understand World PvP is hectic and is supposed to be crazy and huge. I understand that you will be singled out because it's smarter to do so. What I do NOT understand is literally running gank squads to power jump on 1 or 2 unsuspecting targets. Where is the fun in this? Where is the skill driven, intricate game play in this?

I see a lot of responses are "get good", how so?

How do I prevent being ganked by a 5+ man squad? Say I did, how would I defend against that? Am I able to "get good" enough to defeat a 5-man vs me? I understand it's going to happen, but pretending to be actually skilled in doing so... why do you guys do that?

It's not that I don't PvP, I am never a seriously skilled PvP, I occasionally dab in it when I find it balanced and entertaining (Which honestly was really MoP era for me). I love world PvP and huge battles that are pushed back and fourth.

However, this doesn't feel like PvP to me. PvP in my sense would be a battle back and forth, duels or squads battling it out. IT seems PvP in this game means simply ganking or getting more players to overrun them.

Odd random question; why is sharding allowed? Seems to be an abuse of the systems.
I don’t think it takes skill i just think it’s fun to get a reaction out of people. Someone clearly accomplished that with you and I’m jealous
People who gank with a number advantage are simply doing it to get satisfaction through another person's grief. The "Git Gud" statements are simply an extension of that.

If you don't want to deal with unfair number advantages, group up in War Mode or restrict your PvP to instanced arenas and BGs.
Also sharding is the system how can sharding be abuse?

Not finding the logic here.
08/02/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Ezzkal
I don’t think it takes skill i just think it’s fun to get a reaction out of people. Someone clearly accomplished that with you and I’m jealous

A reaction was just driven from you?

See how unintentionally hypocritical you sounded there?

If you won't answer my earnest questions, please leave the post to ones who will.

Thank you.
08/02/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Synneth
This isn't trying to insult or be rude to anyone
Not a good way to start a discussion. It puts people on the defensive.
I don't understand... who on Azeroth calls it skill? I just call it occasional fun.
08/02/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Ezzkal
Also sharding is the system how can sharding be abuse?

Not finding the logic here.

People use it to automatically transfer realms upon command, you shouldn't be able to zon in and out of a shard upon command onto unsuspecting people.

The sharding wasn't meant to be used like that, but to "shard" people into different areas so they can do what they want without bothering others and vice versa.

It was also to help balance and even the playing fields, not abuse it and use it to your advantage.
08/02/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Synneth
08/02/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Ezzkal

If you won't answer my earnest questions, please leave the post to ones who will.

Thank you.

What? Lol i did answer your question you said be honest i was 100% honest
08/02/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Shadowfist
I don't understand... who on Azeroth calls it skill? I just call it occasional fun.

In which case I won't fault you for that, but you are so far the one who admits it. This post isn't about you =]
Do you think it's actual skill to gank someone? Do you think going 2+ to 1 is actually fair or balanced?

No.

I doesn't take much skill to stomp casuals in battlegrounds either but sometimes it's fun to just roll over people like a tank. Having said that, you have no idea how good that player will be until you attack them, they might be a gladiator and 100-0 you, or they might be clueless and get 100-0'd.

I won't kill low levels though, only people my level.
He's beyond help, abandon thread
08/02/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Ezzkal
08/02/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Synneth

Thank you.

Nah, you were just doing the thing on what your topic is about. Anyways, enjoy your day. I shall not respond to you any longer.
you do realize there are things like the talons vengance rep in highmountian that require you to gank people to gain things like rep/rewards blizz designed the game this way.
08/02/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Kusobera
This isn't trying to insult or be rude to anyone
Not a good way to start a discussion. It puts people on the defensive.

Okay? Am I suppose to feel sorry for those that do get on the defensive? Take it with a grain of salt, too many people in this world for me to care about 1 or 2 peoples feelings.

Honestly lol.
Don't get sucked into this people. Abort! Abort! Abort!
You are getting baited hard by everything.

There is obviously no skill involved, it's just to irritate people and have fun irritating them. When people say get good, they are trolling you.

/thread
08/02/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Synneth
08/02/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Ezzkal

Nah, you were just doing the thing on what your topic is about. Anyways, enjoy your day. I shall not respond to you any longer.

Asks question does not want answers.... got it
I've ganked and I've been ganked.

It's all just fun to me. *shrug* not everything has to be about skill. it is, after all, a game. Shockingly.
08/02/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Roxsa
People who gank with a number advantage are simply doing it to get satisfaction through another person's grief. The "Git Gud" statements are simply an extension of that.

If you don't want to deal with unfair number advantages, group up in War Mode or restrict your PvP to instanced arenas and BGs.

It seems that's the only case, they should advertise that it should be a grouped event then. If they are the ones saying to do this content or maybe you're interested in this and people try it out - get ganked instantly - you think they want to continue doing so? I'm not talking about myself, I honestly don't even know if this character has entered War Mode yet, but I can visibly see how broken the idea currently is.

I only do instanced PvP for that reason now days, besides willingly defending or attacking a city.