Legacy Loot Issues

General Discussion
I've heard nobody really get an answer on why there are so many duplicates in the new loot system recently. I got 5 of the same item on Al Akir the other day. Is this bugged? And tier items that were once 100% drops are not even guaranteed anymore. Is this intended? It makes it really hard to collect mog sets and other gear.
I did notice what appears to be more duplicates too.

07/28/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Alexmeister
And tier items that were once 100% drops are not even guaranteed anymore.

THIS however may be a potential advantage.
Have you run Hyjal Summit yet? I remember having huge issues getting items from the last bosses because they'd always drop three damn tier tokens and only ONE item. If they can now drop four proper items, things may be looking up.
07/28/2018 03:05 AMPosted by Ekhana
I did notice what appears to be more duplicates too.

07/28/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Alexmeister
And tier items that were once 100% drops are not even guaranteed anymore.

THIS however may be a potential advantage.
Have you run Hyjal Summit yet? I remember having huge issues getting items from the last bosses because they'd always drop three damn tier tokens and only ONE item. If they can now drop four proper items, things may be looking up.

I have run the battle for mount Hyjal but I only do the first two bosses, I did notice more dupes there though.
What I can't figure out is the number of drops per boss. I did the 25-man Burning Crusade raids and got 2-3 pieces per boss kill. Then moved on to Cataclysm raids using 25-man normal and was getting about 5 drops per boss. Shouldn't all 25-man normal raids drop the same amount of loot and increase or decrease the loot based on 10- or 25-man and normal or heroic accordingly?
07/29/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Arrasil
What I can't figure out is the number of drops per boss. I did the 25-man Burning Crusade raids and got 2-3 pieces per boss kill. Then moved on to Cataclysm raids using 25-man normal and was getting about 5 drops per boss. Shouldn't all 25-man normal raids drop the same amount of loot and increase or decrease the loot based on 10- or 25-man and normal or heroic accordingly?

I think its based on whatever dropped in the raids when they were current. Vanilla and BC tended to drop less per person than later expansions.
How something so basic as boss drops can be screwed up so badly is beyond me. Time to go back to the basics and stop all this loot manipulation for no real reason.