Game unplayable

General Discussion
The game is currently un-playable now because a group of goofs are running around getting their jollies killing low Lvl players, since the last patch this is happening constantly.
07/30/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Teelea
The game is currently un-playable now because a group of goofs are running around getting their jollies killing low Lvl players, since the last patch this is happening constantly.
A gankin' we will go, a gankin' we will go, Hi-Ho, the derry-o, a gankin' we will go.
Uhh turn off Warmode?
War mode is optional?
07/30/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Stonebrae
Uhh turn off Warmode?

u cray?
I'm having a fairly easy time getting my jollies killing low level characters for no reason besides petty spite and boredom

Works fine on my system.
How many more of these threads do you think we’ll see before people understand wpvp is now optional?
Somebody help me out here, please. If your warmode setting is disabled/turned off, are you still in a shard/phase where flagged players can still grief levelers by killing their npc quest-givers?

I'm just curious if the game really can be made `unplayable', no matter what your warmode is toggled to.

Go to stormwind. Turn off warmode.
It is turned off!
07/30/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Leyami
Somebody help me out here, please. If your warmode setting is disabled/turned off, are you still in a shard/phase where flagged players can still grief levelers by killing their npc quest-givers?

I'm just curious if the game really can be made `unplayable', no matter what your warmode is toggled to.

Yes this can still happen.

World pvp can happen with Warmode turned off. If it’s off, the shard acts like an old PvE server. It doesn’t stop anybody on a PvE shard from rolling into lakeshire and killing everyone there.
You can get flagged by aggroing enemy faction NPCS, this sets your PVP flag but does not put you in warmode. You can then go kill NPCS all you want.
killing low Lvl players

so.. why are the low level players flagged, and how is this impacting you?

If your warmode setting is disabled/turned off, are you still in a shard/phase where flagged players can still grief levelers by killing their npc quest-givers?

for some stupid reason, yes.
Can we petition blizzard to delete accounts for people that complain about ganging with Warmode on? Please?

Entirely controllable by each player.

NPCs have a pretty fast respawn. I guess if people wanted to just camp the npc then yes, you might have to go to a different area. With scaling there's always another place to level. Currently leveling a new character myself and had to turn warmode of in redridge and duskwood was pretty scary. People are having fun in world pvp again it seems.

Haven't seen these gangs. Game works fine. Even the people who like to camp quest givers have disappeared. The game is better than ever.
That is one of the founding reasons Warmode was created: to let people out of PvP when they didn't want to be interrupted doing other things.

As for NPC killing outside Warmode, it does exist. But it's literally no different than how things have worked for all 14 years of Wow. It's completely fine to not like it, just be sure to not blame Warmode's existence for it.
07/30/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Teelea
It is turned off!

So then what's the problem? What business is it of yours how world pvpers do their world pvp? You're not a part of it.

Turn off warmode.