Feral is in a bad place imo

Arenas
08/01/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Dillon
08/01/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Goodguygreg

You turn into a cat!

But seriously, Assassination will hopefully get nerfed.

It's not just mut that outshines them, it's all 3 rogue specs as well as warriors dks and rets are better in pmuch every way. I know flappers pretty much refuses to play feral currently, and as far as syfox we're pretty much going to try to force him on any melee that isn't feral as I'm confident his 1550 max exp warrior is more useful than him on his main class, and it's not due to arms being overtuned it just simply is better mechanically.

Also tbh seems like if you're going to have a dps druid on your team, boomkin also is essentially better than feral since they have barkskin, clone still, more dot damage output and burst damage, they're ranged and solarbeam is pretty powerful. They have access to thorns as well which they didn't in legion. Pretty much a completely superior kit - the only benefit of feral is maim but those are really hard to make use of currently.

Ferals and WWs need a lot of love imo - they have really poor kits currently and have had everything that made them useful utility wise taken away from them. Buffig damage also is not the solution to helping these specs imo. It was the bandaid that made feral better in late legion - and this is when they had even better artifact traits and had more useful honor talent options because they had mandatory and strong options on all 4 rows - now you're limited to 3 and lost tons of useful traits. WWs basically lost every reason to bring them - the only thing that will make both these specs viable without getting utility back is just overtuning damage which I truly believe is not the answer.

Much love for mentioning WW's. My toolkit has been taken away from me and I'm not even the best dmg bot in game. I provide nothing special or unique or better than any other melee so in return I am less valuable. Ferals and WWs need love mechanically not just throwing more dmg numbers at us until we hit so hard we are viable only through dps output. That's not the correct way to fix them.
can they add clone back to feral already
i mean like jeez the specs been a shadow of its former self since it was removed
08/02/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Reimmi
i mean like jeez the specs been a shadow of its former self since it was removed

No, feral was completely unfun to fight since WOTLK (instant cyclones and feral actually became a spec)until it's removal.
08/02/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Shiyolangley
08/02/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Reimmi

No, feral was completely unfun to fight since WOTLK (instant cyclones and feral actually became a spec)until it's removal.

more unfun than a mongoloid spec that's only viable when it's damage is too high?

No. I will admit it doesn't need insta clone, considering how easy pred swiftness is to get, but it should at least have the casted one.
08/03/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Reimmi
08/02/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Shiyolangley

more unfun than a mongoloid spec that's only viable when it's damage is too high?

No. I will admit it doesn't need insta clone, considering how easy pred swiftness is to get, but it should at least have the casted one.

Yeah I don't think pred swiftness clones need to come back. Casted would CC the feral for almost the same duration as a full clone, and any half clones would do the same.

Way better than them just having super strong resto affinity off heals while being a damage bot otherwise. Just makes games involving ferals really off and it's the same issue with legion. I'd rather get cycloned or see someone land one than just watch a feral run around the entire game trying to spam damage and then just spam off healing when their team is in trouble. Clone can be grounded, reflected, trinketed etc, if it's trying to get used defensively. But when someone gets swiftmended for a large chunk of their HP you actually can't do anything about that.

It's way less interactive than one might think. Cloning gives depth because again if you want to use it offensively you need to make sure the timing is very careful because it could cause you to lose way more pressure or kill opportunities than if you just decided to do DPS which is a good choice to have.

In arena it's always ideal for situations to have risks and rewards attached to them. Cyclone is not only iconic for all druids, but it is also something that has made feral a very unique melee. The usage of cyclone can let you see a huge difference between a good or bad feral.

Bad ferals will go for unsafe clone opportunities, give up a ton of damage, get stopped easily or just ruin a kill. Amazing ferals will have unique choices. Some might try to be super control heavy, others will mostly ignore it and some will try to be balanced and having that distinction in players is very important.

Seeing someone get a clutch clone off is interesting though. We've all seen it happen with Resto Druids - maybe a super crazy cyclone on a kill target that prevents a big top or say immunes a BoP, Hand of Sacrifice, Pain Sup, Monk Cocoon etc. Seeing a druid do that is awesome. But nothing looks cool about a feral druid that's playing like a Warrior, and it isn't fun for a feral to be one either.
i agree with dilly, being a damage bot is not fun
08/03/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Dillon

Yeah I don't think pred swiftness clones need to come back. Casted would CC the feral for almost the same duration as a full clone, and any half clones would do the same.

Way better than them just having super strong resto affinity off heals while being a damage bot otherwise. Just makes games involving ferals really off and it's the same issue with legion. I'd rather get cycloned or see someone land one than just watch a feral run around the entire game trying to spam damage and then just spam off healing when their team is in trouble. Clone can be grounded, reflected, trinketed etc, if it's trying to get used defensively. But when someone gets swiftmended for a large chunk of their HP you actually can't do anything about that.

It's way less interactive than one might think. Cloning gives depth because again if you want to use it offensively you need to make sure the timing is very careful because it could cause you to lose way more pressure or kill opportunities than if you just decided to do DPS which is a good choice to have.

In arena it's always ideal for situations to have risks and rewards attached to them. Cyclone is not only iconic for all druids, but it is also something that has made feral a very unique melee. The usage of cyclone can let you see a huge difference between a good or bad feral.

Bad ferals will go for unsafe clone opportunities, give up a ton of damage, get stopped easily or just ruin a kill. Amazing ferals will have unique choices. Some might try to be super control heavy, others will mostly ignore it and some will try to be balanced and having that distinction in players is very important.

Seeing someone get a clutch clone off is interesting though. We've all seen it happen with Resto Druids - maybe a super crazy cyclone on a kill target that prevents a big top or say immunes a BoP, Hand of Sacrifice, Pain Sup, Monk Cocoon etc. Seeing a druid do that is awesome. But nothing looks cool about a feral druid that's playing like a Warrior, and it isn't fun for a feral to be one either.

Ok but do you really ever see the devs returning Feral to this state? I just can't imagine it. They had all of Legion to do it and if anything they just went further in the opposite direction for the spec.
Give Feral Druids at least Cyclone, Barkskin and Farie Fire. Both must be baseline (not honor talents) and Cyclone should NOT be able to benefit from predatory swiftness procs. Just these three abilities will give people a reason to pick a feral druid over a rogue which right now, does pretty much everything we do but better and more. Also what happen to Mark of the Wild? That would be another reason to take a feral!
08/03/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Dillon

I've been feral since BC and wish so much we would return to the days of wotlk feral where you had so much potential. I enjoy the bleed play style of feral much more than the direct damage version, but mostly because in pvp you could get your damage up then make control plays or heal for your team while your damage is going out. Now we just don't bring enough and with the addition of our aoe consisting of tab rake for m+ it just feels overall bad and I'm considering maining something else for the first time at the beginning of an expansion. I've only lost 1v1s to assassination rogues consistently in Pre patch but that's all wpvp and having pyrdaz makes up for the floppyness that feral struggles with if you fail to predict everything and get a defensive up.

@Dillon I've been messing around a lot with survival hunter and it feels really fluid. How do you think they are doing? Strengths, weaknesses, viability of taking the melee spot on a team, etc. I've heard a lot of people say that everything a survival hunter can do a BM can do while also being ranged. I like the idea of having a ranged option since I'm a dps only player (historically only been feral, though briefly mained WW) but prefer melee. What kind of comps are you having success with? I'm assuming your talent choices are arena based, what would you take for bgs?
If Blizz was so gung-ho about class fantasy why did they make WW/Feral just worse versions of War/Mut ???????
Feral druids are pretty invincible right now. If they get cyclone, they'd have to be squishy.
08/03/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Calderg
i agree with dilly, being a damage bot is not fun
the Derg has spoken. but seriously i've been preaching about making the HYBRID spec/class feel like a hybrid again. any feral that wasn't a legion reroll would gladly trade some of our dmg for utility.
08/03/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Shiyolangley
Feral druids are pretty invincible right now. If they get cyclone, they'd have to be squishy.

This is what people are asking for, also they are really squishy and fragile, squishier than they've ever been in fact. The only thing that can help them survive is Resto affinity healing, but otherwise theyre really easy to kill.
i'm not sure why they gave druids hibernate/soothe over clone back for all specs

imo hibernate is going to destroy ferals because of the gcd on forms now when shifting out
08/03/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Kyoski
i'm not sure why they gave druids hibernate/soothe over clone back for all specs

imo hibernate is going to destroy ferals because of the gcd on forms now when shifting out

Why not have them all back :^)

Counterplay is good