Tyrande's voice

General Discussion
What the hell happened to her voice? I was playing through the val'sharah quests again today and remembered just how much her voice bugs me. I then went and watched some WC3 videos and her voice was completely different. And so much better! Her voice now sounds like someone putting on a vaguely Indian accent. Where the hell did that come from? No other night elf speaks like that!

I looked it up and it actually is the same voice actor apparently. Only one I see listed at least. I hate making a thread like this because it makes me feel like I'm just being a jerk to her, and I don't mean to be. She's certainly a talented actor. But this voice she does now for Tyrande just does my head in.

EDIT: Oh wait. Just found it. Different actor. Well that explains why they're so different.
trun of merc mode . as the horde has burnt down our city and killed the elves . turn them bown from queing as alliance in battlegrounds , we dont need them.
oh an tyrande is sexy
I like it; exotic and erotic.

/tentacleswoon
It's more jarring because she doesn't sound remotely similar to any other night elf in existence.

It's one thing to make her stand out, but I feel like there is just some weird creature wearing a Tyrande skinsuit.
She sounds like she sucks on 4 packs of sigs a day.
A frog jumped in her throat.
08/02/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Lucifuge
I like it; exotic and erotic.

/tentacleswoon
It’s particularly weird when you consider the other voices Night Elf characters that Legion has in spades:

Malfurion, Illidan, Jarod and Maiev Shadowsong, Kurta’los Ravencrest: just sound like dudes with American standard accents

Summermoon (? - the commander from War of the Thorns): ok I guess Night Elves are English now?

Tyrande: wtf is this accent
She sounds like a troll more than anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5RQ_KU9eMQ
Are all Night Elves supposed to all sound American now?
"Where is my Beloveeeedddd"

Likes nails on a chalkboard.. ahhhh
08/02/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Àrwén
"Where is my Beloveeeedddd"

Likes nails on a chalkboard.. ahhhh
Don't you love it? It pierces the soul with a spine-tingling eroticism that drives ones passions to their ultimate climactic finish.

/tentacleflip
Cheap voice actor, I hope Trump will do something about that.

MAGA
I have been irked with that all expansion, however I did notice she dialed it back a bit for the War of Thorns stuff....still...OH and now all the Night Elf women are starting to take on an English(UK) accent all of a sudden in the talking head popovers, that kinda bothers me a bit but not as much as Tyrandes weird India-Italia-Englishia-whattheheckeveria accent that literally no one else has...
08/02/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Brigitxxi
She sounds like a troll more than anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5RQ_KU9eMQ
I mean nelves did evolve from trolls.
I don't understand why she is the only night elf that has, is it suppose to be an irish brogue? No other elf, of any variety, has anything close to that thick accent. Its weird.
08/02/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Rosinthel
however I did notice she dialed it back a bit for the War of Thorns stuff...

I kinda thought that to be honest! I wasn't sure if I was imagining things. Maybe they had some feedback about it before.
EEELEDAN, what are you dooing?
08/02/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Magnarok
08/02/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Rosinthel
however I did notice she dialed it back a bit for the War of Thorns stuff...

I kinda thought that to be honest! I wasn't sure if I was imagining things. Maybe they had some feedback about it before.

Oh no, she did, but it is still there lol. There was this one night I went off in deep interweb search to find someone who remotely sounded like that to even go as far as to study English occupation in India to see if *that* might help, but nothing. The closest I could find was this one Italian actress, but even that was off in certain inflections. Let me see if I can remember her name...

edit: here she is, but still even she sounds more like Arianna Huffington than Tyrande. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMnwBpogOdY