Nightborne ASHAMED of the horde

General Discussion
Animate? Replicate?

Skip all that and go straight to INCINERATE!
I blame the Arcwine.
07/31/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Dedmure
07/31/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Aletai
Are you talking about Melandrus, who worked for Elisande, throwing Thalyssra off of the platform?

No, I'm talking about when you first meet Arcanist Valtrois.

When she thought the player worked for Elisande/Legion, and when you show her the token of allegiance she backs off and doesn't attempt anything?
07/31/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Elleplande
elf on elf violence :(

This made my day, thank you for giving someone who injured their spine doing a l job a moment of laughter.
07/31/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Averyx
07/31/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Aletai
What did the resistance do that was evil?

Use the mentally ill and incapacitated as lab rats and meat shields?

Trying to kill us just for being strangers?

Laughing and sending us to kill certain nightborne that Thalyssra hated even when it wasn't necessary? (many detours in the raid were absolutely unnecessary)

Furthermore the entire story just showed that nightborne are nothing but vain and cruel, Elisande or not.

Alright, I'll bite.

The Draenei shun and banish the lost ones and broken. Look at where the broken are on the Exodar. They're all doing manual labor.

Also, The Draenei on AU Draenor are going for an inquisition, killing all orcs who do not convert to their ways, even the Frostwolf, who were never aggressive to the Draenei.

Your race isn't without flaws, either. Doesn't make them evil.
Yeah, sorry Nightborne. You should have joined us, and had a chance to repent you transgressions. Now you only cement your descent into ... the morally "gray" area.

You could've had so much more... like riding the Deeprun Tram over and over just for fun, or listen to Anduin whine about being a lesser king than his prejudiced daddy. You could even have had the honor of making aquaintance with Moira Bronzebeard when she's having a really bad morning.

But you chose... that.
Well you guys did follow Elisande and joined the Legion so how is this any worse?
07/31/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Azuremi
Well you guys did follow Elisande and joined the Legion so how is this any worse?

What? There were TONS of Nightborne that did not join Elisande or feigned their allegiance for survival.
07/31/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Raenoth
07/31/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Valtrois
...I'd say the bubble worked like a charm against the SHATTERING OF THE WORLD BY THE MAD QUEEN AZSHARA. Truth be told, I'll grand you this - I'm not sure why the Nightbourne kept the shield up as long as we did. I'm not Elisande. Were it up to me, I think it would have been fine to take down that shield after a few hundred yeas (at least until the continents settled into place) and then go about cleaning up Suramar - but that's just me.

But honestly, Night Elves had 10,000 years to rebuild and reclaim Kalimdor but spent all of their time in Ashenvale and Hyjal tending to old ruins while their druids fought a long war in their sleep. Those poor dears must have been exhausted tending to a realm of reality where they were allied with an entire Dragonflight to aid them and they were done in by one night elf mage and the weakest of the old gods. Those poor babies.

You don't get to handwave a race's entire lore by RPing that you're one of them and that you feel bad lol. The Nightborne are what they are.

And yeah, it's ok to admit you don't read the lore. Night Elves had zero interest in "reclaiming" their lost kingdoms... they were dealing with corruption in their own lands, wars against the demons and Satyrs, conflicts with elemental lords, a war in the south with the Qiraji, among others... all while a major sect again protected the Emerald Dream the entire time. It doesn't matter how powerful an old god is - this isn't Dragonball Z, only the amount of influence they're able to inflict over the denizens of the land. If that's all equivalent to bubble partying in the scale of inaction to you, then I guess that arcwine has been spiked with a bit too much kool-aid.
Now that's doubly unfair of you to attack on grounds of RP as well as claiming a lack of knowledge of game lore.

It is pretty well established that not all Nightbourne were on Elisande's side, even before Thalyssra's rebellion, it's a city of thousands of elves, of course there were differences of opinion - decisions were made by the leader until it reached the point where such decisions were no longer tolerable.
That being said, just listen to the songs of the children at play and you have an image of the mindset of many of the citizens of Suramar "Ring around the city... outside lies doom".

Here is where our perspectives start to diverge. I call cowardice on the Kaldorei for their mismanagement of time and resources, you point that accusation back on the Nightbourne for hiding in a magical shield.

The problem with the Kaldorei is that they improperly attributed their problems to the wrong sources.
- Demons attacked the world, drawn by magic... ban all mages.
- Illidan found a way to turn the power of the enemies against them... lock him away for 10,000 years and shun any knowledge he might have.
- Azshara broke the world in a complicated mess which involved Demons and Dragons? Better leave that alone and leave old things buried.
- A whole faction of Night Elves have been twisted by demonic energies and turned into Satyrs, lead foremost by Queen Azshara's chief lieutenant? Best let them hang around our forests and do whatever they want to because there's no such thing as a problem until a problem arises...
- Oh no, Qiraji insect armies in the south? Better call in the Bronze Dragonflight because these armies have nothing to do with the space/time continuum? Good thing this empire was already shattered by the Ancient Trolls because they barely made it through this one intact.

The Kaldorei are cursed by inaction. They had every opportunity to build something new, but were afraid to attract any attention to themselves for fear of what Azshara did. And by letting things sit they damned the souls of thousands of their brothers and sisters they could have helped. Oh sure they helped, sure they grew trees here and there, but there was no great vision for their people, just sit and wait and pluck weeds.

With the Shal'dorei the problem is access to outside information. Anyone who wasn't one of the elites had a clue what was happening in the world outside the shield. Now that it is down, we are involved and engaged and have no plans to simply idle our time away. The nightwell is dead, the rubicon crossed, the fleet scuttled, and we are fully committed to the cause to defend the world. If they Kaldorei hadn't been acting out of fear for the past 10,000 years and kept some of their zeal and ardor, this world would not have been in the shape it is currently in.
07/31/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Aletai
When she thought the player worked for Elisande/Legion

No, when she thought you were an outsider. She doesn't say anything about Elisande or the Legion at that point, only that you're an outsider. You helped her, and she was going to kill you for it, because you were an outsider. That's... kinda evil.

And it's not like she was perfectly placated once you showed her the token. She still called you outsider disrespectfully afterwards, both to your face and in front of Thalyssra, and made it obvious that she didn't really want to work with you.

Example asked for, example given. But again, I would have done the same thing. And then feasted on the corpse.
The nightbourne teamed up with the legion, yall should have no problem with being the bad guy, and helping us deal with these alliance trying to take our azerite on kalimdor. LOK'TAR OGAR!
Oh do you speak on the behalf of your race...
07/31/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Dedmure
07/31/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Aletai
When she thought the player worked for Elisande/Legion

No, when she thought you were an outsider. She doesn't say anything about Elisande or the Legion at that point, only that you're an outsider. You helped her, and she was going to kill you for it, because you were an outsider. That's... kinda evil.

And it's not like she was perfectly placated once you showed her the token. She still called you outsider disrespectfully afterwards, both to your face and in front of Thalyssra, and made it obvious that she didn't really want to work with you.

Example asked for, example given. But again, I would have done the same thing. And then feasted on the corpse.

One person being a jerk with their words does not make the entire race evil. Humans aren't considered evil because Garithos was a racist xenophobe. Why should the Nightborne be treated differently?

I understand you're playing devil's advocate, but the resistance had a pretty clean track record all things considered.
were it not for the horde you would still be begging for mana gems.
07/31/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Kazeihaza
The nightbourne teamed up with the legion, yall should have no problem with being the bad guy, and helping us deal with these alliance trying to take our azerite on kalimdor. LOK'TAR OGAR!

Not all. Some did, some didn't, and the resistance, which is the faction the playable Nightborne is based around, certainly did not.
Go back and hide in your bubble. That's nothing new. Oh wait...
You went from high society to rolling around with The Herd committing war crimes. Damn shame.
Nightborne players "We should be ashamed of ourselves, following a warchief that burns a city because a dying night elf hurt her feelings by reminding her of her past."

Also Nightborne players "We joined the horde because Tyrande was a meanie and hurt our feelings by pointing out our past and thinking we should own up to it, screw the alliance"

I can't help but laugh..
07/31/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Nyght
07/31/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Seti
...Says the eredar

Don't you have an addiction to feed?

Lol this is rich coming from a void elf. ^_^
07/31/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Aletai
07/31/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Averyx
Lol wat? nightborne have always been evil. If anything they are probably more happy they joined the horde now.

What did the resistance do that was evil?

Saying the Nightborne are evil because of Elisande is like saying humans are evil because of Arthas, Night Elves are evil because of Azshara/Fandral, Draenei (Eredar) are evil because of Socrethar/Kil'Jaden/Archimonde, and the titans are evil because of Sargeras.

The Nightborne are no more evil than any of the Alliance races.

The resistance are now gladly following along with Sylvanas and her war against hope and the living.

So...oh, I don't know....that's one thing.