Story Forum Community Lounge 144

Story Forum
Prev 1 18 19 20 26 Next
Those are the ones that irk me the most.

I mean, I can understand them. Things were pretty bad around here too when Warbringers first dropped.

I think the worst was a crying Troll shielding a bunch of Night Elves for soldiers, saying they were his friends.

Do you mean this one?

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/764286.jpg

It's definitely a bit over the top, but again, I kinda get it. We're going into BfA's "faction war to end all faction wars" coming directly out of Legion which emphasized class over faction. That's basically a bootlegger reverse in tone and focus, and I can see why people would think it would clash with their character's "story," even if they don't necessarily RP.

Or maybe this troll just wants some purple booty, I dunno.
08/09/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Faelinthia
Threeslotbag saved the Story Forum experience for me.
Not sure how anyone can view them as anything but a net positive.

Started MHW last night. Tried out the Light Bowgun and was getting frustrated with the damage/hunt speed. Plus I had a bad tendency to screw up putting it away/taking it out a lot. Switched to the Hammer and it immediately felt a lot better. And there's something immensely satisfying about bonking a monster on the head to knock them out.
08/10/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Irenaus
08/09/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Faelinthia
Threeslotbag saved the Story Forum experience for me.
Not sure how anyone can view them as anything but a net positive.
Even if you disagree with their generally stupid and low quality posts, the sheer amount of them and the conversations they spawned have given the forum a lot of "life". Without them it would be much quieter.
Switched to the Hammer and it immediately felt a lot better. And there's something immensely satisfying about bonking a monster on the head to knock them out.

Charge up the hammer and start sliding down a hill. You can set off a somersaulting hammer spin attack. It's both hilarious to watch and extremely effective.
Started MHW last night. Tried out the Light Bowgun and was getting frustrated with the damage/hunt speed. Plus I had a bad tendency to screw up putting it away/taking it out a lot. Switched to the Hammer and it immediately felt a lot better. And there's something immensely satisfying about bonking a monster on the head to knock them out.

I just got it last weekend. And though I haven't played much of it, I started with the dual cleavers. Though I do want to try out the Bow eventually. Like, the actual bow, not the gun. So I hope I like it.

08/10/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
Even if you disagree with their generally stupid and low quality posts, the sheer amount of them and the conversations they spawned have given the forum a lot of "life". Without them it would be much quieter.

Yup. That, and hidden in every 3slot post is a hidden kernel of actual criticism. I see a lot of their posts more as satire. Pointing out flaws in the story and such with their ridiculous posts.
I've been working on changing up my UI because, while the old one worked okay, I need some changes so I can actually see more of my UI. It's slow going but I'm getting there.

I'm also noticing that I might be able to ditch ElvUI if I find some more addons to cover the important bits of ElvUI I need. Which would be even more work, so it probably won't happen until the next expansion prepatch.
I just got it last weekend. And though I haven't played much of it, I started with the dual cleavers. Though I do want to try out the Bow eventually. Like, the actual bow, not the gun. So I hope I like it.

I use the bow as my main weapon. It's playstyle is about staying agile while fighting from medium range. Here are some tips for the bow:

You can charge your shots while still moving.
If you dodge while aiming and charging a shot, it will automatically boost the charge to the next level (if you have plenty of stamina, you can max out a shot's charge fast by dodging repeatedly).
A corollary to the charge dodge, dodging while aiming after firing a charged shot will instantly charge the next shot to the same charge level (you can weave fully charged shots and dodges as long as you have extra stamina).
Stamina is the bow's most limited resource. You need it for both offense and defense. Use gear that increases stamina regeneration or reduces consumption.
08/10/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
... Not sure how anyone can view them as anything but a net positive.

For me, Threeslot is easily a net positive. One of the best on the forum, actually. Even his troll posts are in service of serious points. And they often make me chuckle.
08/10/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Samariyu
08/10/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Arlifrex
Y'all are some odd ducks.
Quack on me, daddy.

Put on some clothes. Also Forsaken have ugly underwear.
08/10/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Arlifrex
Put on some clothes.

Ignore that order. All female forsaken should be naked and sassy.
Seriously wish Blizz had released the expac during summer. I'm not going to have near enough time to play with all my work.

Boooooo.
Some random comment on WoW reddit claims that they're better than the WoW forums.

(laughs)
I was browsing these forums when my phone broke. I blame Blizzard for this.
08/10/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Sternbridge
08/10/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Arlifrex
Put on some clothes.

Ignore that order. All female forsaken should be naked and sassy.
Aye aye, captain!
08/10/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Samariyu
Aye aye, captain!

That's the sea-faring spirit! You're ready for BFA.
08/10/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Sternbridge
08/10/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Samariyu
Aye aye, captain!

That's the sea-faring spirit! You're ready for BFA.
Oh joy...
I walked on the treadmill today, while playing Mario Kart with the switch. I learned my lesson the hard way.
So, we are three days away from launch where-in a single Zandalari ship will destroy a nice chunk of Stormwind's navy. There will be a post that ignores context entirely and tries to use this to establish that Zandalari ships are superior to Stormwind ships.

My question to you is this, will that post be from a Horde avatar or Alliance avatar and will that post be boasting or complaining?
08/11/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Mancuerda
So, we are three days away from launch where-in a single Zandalari ship will destroy a nice chunk of Stormwind's navy.
Ships that chase Talanji? I'm pretty they were destroyed by something else given how their shipwrecks look like at Talanji's rebuke. Tsunami or some sort

And since it's Horde-side scenario, chances are it will be by Horde avatar
Ships that chase Talanji? I'm pretty they were destroyed by something else given how their shipwrecks looks like in Talanji's rebuke. Tsunami or some sort

Yes, that will be the context that gets ignored. Now please don't try to turn this into a lore discussion.

08/11/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Dawnsong
And since it's Horde-side scenario, chances are it will be by Horde avatar

Fair. I'm going to guess Alliance avatar. Because I'm contrarian and because I think the Horde is too shell shocked by events to quickly come up with reasons to brag. It was over a week before we started seeing "Sylvanas can beat Malfurion" posts after all.