Story Forum Community Lounge 144

Story Forum
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
08/10/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Arlifrex
08/10/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Samariyu
...Quack on me, daddy.

Put on some clothes. Also Forsaken have ugly underwear.
Isn't their underwear nailed on?
It's a little depressing how, when talking to my friends who don't play WoW any more about the story, how often I have to use verbiage such as "No, that actually happened," "I wish I was !@#$ing kidding," etc.
08/11/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Kyveli
08/10/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Arlifrex

Put on some clothes. Also Forsaken have ugly underwear.
Isn't their underwear nailed on?

I thought it was sewn on.
08/11/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Sternbridge
08/11/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Kyveli
...Isn't their underwear nailed on?

I thought it was sewn on.
I vaguely remember seeing nails holding their bras on when they first showed the updated model, but I haven't willingly looked at a naked undead since then.
I think this forum is making me a misanthrope.

I generally don't support eugenics but I'm beginning to think anyone who posts frequently in General Discussion should be chemically castrated.
08/11/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Valko

Silly Valko, optimism is for Hanashi!
It took a bit of effort, but I'm going to be able to get the Brutosaur day one and not go completely broke.

I am excite!
I had fun once.

It was awful.
08/11/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Anyaceltica
I had fun once.

It was awful.

Fun is illegal and dangerous.
08/11/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Valko

[/quote]
I started out a misanthrope. But it's gotten to the point I'm genuinely concerned about the dedication some have shown to their mental gymnastics to justify genocide. And I say that as someone of... flexible morality.

Like... I know the genocide here is against pixelated people of a fantasy race. But empathy is a thing.
08/11/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Galenorn
I started out a misanthrope. But it's gotten to the point I'm genuinely concerned about the dedication some have shown to their mental gymnastics to justify genocide. And I say that as someone of... flexible morality.

Like... I know the genocide here is against pixelated people of a fantasy race. But empathy is a thing.

You feel empathy over the microorganisms you kill anytime you clean your house? No? Good. It´s quite the normal behaviour.

Same as people not getting anxious nor concerned over imaginary people being killed, famined, etc. Cause they don´t exist, and the brains of real people are better employed with concerns regarding real people plights. Don´t waste your time in useless things like this, dude. The only thing you´ll achieve is to stress yourself over literally NOTHING.

Let people play the game the way they prefer, and enjoy the game the way you want, period.
08/11/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Ariël
08/11/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Galenorn

You feel empathy over the microorganisms you kill anytime you clean your house? No? Good. It´s quite the normal behaviour.

Same as people not getting anxious nor concerned over imaginary people being killed, famined, etc. Cause they don´t exist, and the brains of real people are better employed with concerns regarding real people plights. Don´t waste your time in useless things like this, dude. The only thing you´ll achieve is to stress yourself over literally NOTHING.

Let people play the game the way they prefer, and enjoy the game the way you want, period.

You misunderstand their problem, they don't care that it happened. They care that the justifications people try to use could just as easily be applied to real world atrocities. This is one of the strengths of fiction, it allows us to discuss the morals and outcomes of things without having them actually happen.
08/11/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Erinesong
You misunderstand their problem, they don't care that it happened. They care that the justifications people try to use could just as easily be applied to real world atrocities.

I know, but that "concern" is literally useless. Does Galenorn enter in suicide watch when he watches tv and all the ugly that happens IRL impacts him (wars, assasinations, people dying for literal ridiculous reasons, etc.)? Cause I doubt so.

So, if he doesn´t concerns himself with real life crimes why care over people RPing stupid stuff in a forum filled with nerds playing a game? It´s absurd -and pretending that people saying silly stuff and probably being 100% in line with that instead of trolling is actually the disturbing part of the argument. Talk about prejudices then.-

08/11/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Erinesong
This is one of the strengths of fiction, it allows us to discuss the morals and outcomes of things without having them actually happen.

Do we have 100% certainty people actually discuss their morals or are they just wasting time on a hobby -and actually trying to distance themselves from serious IRL discussions in the first place-? Cause I´m pretty sure it´s the second one. Most players in this game give but two fcks over the story, all they care about is the lootz.

And people that cares more for teir lootz than the story certainly aren´t involving themselves in such intimate way as to bring their morals to the table, period.
I know, but that "concern" is literally useless. Does Galenorn enter in suicide watch when he watches tv and all the ugly that happens IRL impacts him (wars, assasinations, people dying for literal ridiculous reasons, etc.)? Cause I doubt so.

So, if he doesn´t concerns himself with real life crimes why care over people RPing stupid stuff in a forum filled with nerds playing a game? It´s absurd -and pretending that people saying silly stuff and probably being 100% in line with that instead of trolling is actually the disturbing part of the argument. Talk about prejudices then.-

You still don't get Galenorn was saying. If they read a story about a baby being burned alive that might be a bit grotesque but there is nothing inherently wrong with it. But if someone says "that baby deserved to be burned alive" (and assuming they aren't rping or pure trolling) that is a little weird.

Do we have 100% certainty people actually discuss their morals or are they just wasting time on a hobby -and actually trying to distance themselves from serious IRL discussions in the first place-? Cause I´m pretty sure it´s the second one. Most players in this game give but two fcks over the story, all they care about is the lootz.

And people that cares more for teir lootz than the story certainly aren´t involving themselves in such intimate way as to bring their morals to the table, period.

I was under the impression this forum was for discussion of the events of the story and not for RP.
I bit of a heavy discussion for the Lounge but great insights from two intelligent people none the less.

08/11/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Erinesong
I was under the impression this forum was for discussion of the events of the story and not for RP.

Both really. Technically it is for discussion of the story as presented by Blizzard but so many things can have different interpretations that the line between story discussion and RP discussion can blur.
You still don't get Galenorn was saying. If they read a story about a baby being burned alive that might be a bit grotesque but there is nothing inherently wrong with it. But if someone says "that baby deserved to be burned alive" (and assuming they aren't rping or pure trolling) that is a little weird.

Underlined is MY point. Does Galenorn et al have the means to prove with certainty people aren´t rping or trolling? No? Then how can they go as far as to judge someone´s character over it? That´s acting like a prejudiced irresponsible jerk, period.

You only judge someone´s character AFTER knowing them, certainly not over the words they sprout in a game forums.

08/11/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Erinesong

And what part of my opinion seems RP^? Cause the only thing I said is that we can´t be sure people put their actual moral stance when they´re posting, ergo why qualify and judge their character under a "morals" basis when we lack a method to prove it is indeed their moral stance in the first place.

If anything that -making quick and prejudiced conclusions over posters based in the BS they post here- IS the actual toxic behaviour.

08/11/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Danseis
Both really. Technically it is for discussion of the story as presented by Blizzard but so many things can have different interpretations that the line between story discussion and RP discussion can blur.

This. Basically, some people just like too much to troll, and the terribad narrative of this game is basically the best pasture for it.
08/11/2018 06:08 PMPosted by Ariël

Underlined is MY point. Does Galenorn et al have the means to prove with certainty people aren´t rping or trolling? No? Then how can they go as far as to judge someone´s character over it? That´s acting like a prejudiced irresponsible jerk, period.

You only judge someone´s character AFTER knowing them, certainly not over the words they sprout in a game forums.

But at that point you can just disregard any opinion you think is wrong as RP or trolling. I don't believe that assuming the person you are talking with is being insincere is conducive to conversation unless they are being egregious about it.

And what part of my opinion seems RP^? Cause the only thing I said is that we can´t be sure people put their actual moral stance when they´re posting, ergo why qualify and judge their character under a "morals" basis when we lack a method to prove it is indeed their moral stance in the first place.

If anything that -making quick and prejudiced conclusions over posters based in the BS they post here- IS the actual toxic behavior.

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you were RPing, only that I don't think you should assume your fellow forum users are insincere and write their posts off as RP unless you are fairly certain that is what is happening.
I automatically assume nobody is RPing and nobody is trolling.

I legitimately think some of the posters here are awful human beings and aren't ashamed of it so there's no shame in not listening to them.

If anything that -making quick and prejudiced conclusions over posters based in the BS they post here- IS the actual toxic behaviour.

If people cared about that they wouldn't behave like a terrible human being in the first place. They do it because they believe they can get away with it, just like how they can turn around and believe they're wonderful human beings IRL.
08/11/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Erinesong
But at that point you can just disregard any opinion you think is wrong as RP or trolling. I don't believe that assuming the person you are talking with is being insincere is conducive to conversation unless they are being egregious about it.

I have no way to know for certain if what they say comes from their "hearts" or is just "part of the game", ergo I simply won´t bother with it unless they literally attack ME or attack fellow posters, period.

As harsh as it sounds, the opinions they have over a fictional world that is merely the pretty pixels for the real hobby ISN´T relevant enough nor much less worthy to make me distress over it. I do have stressful things to care for IRL; it would be inmensely stupid to actively auto stress myself by something that doesn´t even exist and by proxy doesn´t affect my economical/religious/biological stability IRL, period.

08/11/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Erinesong
Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you were RPing, only that I don't think you should assume your fellow forum users are insincere and write their posts off as RP unless you are fairly certain that is what is happening.

I don´t "assume my fellow forum users are insincere and write their posts off as RP"; I merely disregard their exagerated emotional response to an imaginary threat, period. As I´ve been saying, i simply won´t get worked up over other people´s post unless they´re a direct attack, period. I won´t judge them for them either.

Basically, I´ll ignore the most of them -as I should, it´d be terribly rude and irresponsible from my part to pretend to know their psyche just over reading a few lines on a random forum-.
Does Galenorn enter in suicide watch when he watches tv and all the ugly that happens IRL impacts him (wars, assasinations, people dying for literal ridiculous reasons, etc.)? Cause I doubt so.

I actually don't even own a tv. I need to handle that soon, before the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy comes out. Thanks for the reminder, Ariel.