Story Forum Community Lounge 144

Story Forum
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
08/11/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Galenorn
I actually don't even own a tv. I need to handle that soon, before the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy comes out. Thanks for the reminder, Ariel.

Your welcome.

See? Good ol´ Galenorn actually using the tools for their intended purpose -and a tv is certainly more than media tool, it´s too a recreational one-.

Now that we reached the tv topic... you made me remember I have to make up my mind about that Netflix sub I´ven been procrastinating about -cause people says to me "Sherlock" alone is a series worthy enough to pay for it but I´m still unsure...-
08/11/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Ariël
-cause people says to me "Sherlock" alone is a series worthy enough to pay for it but I´m still unsure...-

I have it on dvd (that I watch on my computer). I like it well enough, even if it gets a bit too inside its own head sometimes. But, then again, that's not an impartial opinion. I'd pay to see Benny C in just about anything.
08/11/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Galenorn
I have it on dvd (that I watch on my computer).

No cheap dvd´s available here in the underworld (A.K.A. LATAM), which means Netflix Is my best bet. T_T

I love any story that has a brilliant "inside its own head" protagonist spearheading it.

Damn, decissions, decissions....
So, D.va's new Overwatch skin has made me start to genuinely debate the logistics of unironically having a waifu and going down the dark path that is sure to result from that, which would involve a bit too much facial hair for my tastes in addition to the problem of just being cringeworthy as f*ck in general.

Send help.
Hmm, you could do what I did during certain parts of the beta (to avoid spoilers). I played in a window with a cool movie playing in another window, and just looked away when it got to stuff I didn't want to see. Just used my peripheral vision to tell when cutscenes/dialogue/etc. was over, and resumed when it was done. Combat log showing instead of chat log, too, and nameplates/etc. off. Pretty pristine experience! Worth the effort for the beautiful mounts, I'd say :)

Thanks, Hanashi. I finally logged in my Alliance toon today and finished up the WoT to get the hippogriff. I can't bring myself to do it on the Horde side, though. The mount there is just a bat anyway, not worth making myself feel dirty over.
08/11/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Pellex
Thanks, Hanashi. I finally logged in my Alliance toon today and finished up the WoT to get the hippogriff. I can't bring myself to do it on the Horde side, though. The mount there is just a bat anyway, not worth making myself feel dirty over.

You get both mounts for completing the WoT on any character. At least, it worked that way for me.
I actually don't even own a tv. I need to handle that soon, before the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy comes out.

If I need to hook up a console or something, I just put into my monitor's secondary input.

Only real downside is that I then have to use it's usually terrible speakers rather than my audio set up, but that is also largely a factor of me being too lazy to switch it over.
The Goddess of Vengeance requires more neophytes.

https://discord.gg/nc9stJP
08/11/2018 11:52 PMPosted by Anyaceltica
The Goddess of Vengeance

I really want to know how Maiev feels about recent events.

It's almost criminal to deny us her thoughts.
Going to love watching people debate genocide forever.
08/12/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Arlifrex

Isn't it fun?

I remember when the SF wasn't filled with GD posters. It'll calm down when the xpac comes out. Probably.
08/12/2018 12:48 AMPosted by Rokugan
08/12/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Arlifrex

Isn't it fun?

I remember when the SF wasn't filled with GD posters. It'll calm down when the xpac comes out. Probably.

You’re assuming this is only from GD.
08/12/2018 01:06 AMPosted by Arlifrex
You’re assuming this is only from GD.

You're not wrong.
Jojo part 4 dub next week. Jojo part 5 sub this year. FeelsGoodMan
08/10/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Irenaus
Started MHW last night. Tried out the Light Bowgun and was getting frustrated with the damage/hunt speed. Plus I had a bad tendency to screw up putting it away/taking it out a lot.

It was said about the older Monster Hunter games that you'd need to play a few hours before it really "clicked" and hooked you. In my opinion, the Heavy and Light Bowguns are the same way. For a few hours, they just don't feel good to use at all, but you do eventually get used to the rhythm of it.

Though I do imagine there's some people that don't take to them at all, and that's fine! Certainly not for everyone. I'd recommend, if you're ever interested in trying them again, to ease yourself into the Gunner playstyle with the plain ol' Bow. I heard it changed a bit in World, but at least in 4U and Gen, it serves as a great middle ground between melee weapons and ranged ones.

08/10/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Irenaus
Switched to the Hammer and it immediately felt a lot better. And there's something immensely satisfying about bonking a monster on the head to knock them out.

Yeah, Hammer's hard to beat in the feedback department! Especially since you're doing exhaust damage and can eventually knock 'em out. Beating a dragon in the face with a hammer until it goes unconscious is just... the pure joy of Monster Hunter :D

08/11/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Valko
I think this forum is making me a misanthrope.

I can't speak for GD, since I haven't hung around there since like BC (OP Warlock threads were pretty fantastic), but speaking specifically of the Story Forum, I feel the opposite way! It's so lovely that such a tight-knit, intelligent community can form with just words and ideas, over a topic I love so very much :)

I need to handle that soon, before the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy comes out.

I'm hoping it comes out for Switch, like the Crash Trilogy did. Then I could play while leaving sports or whatever on the TV! The best part of the Switch :D

08/11/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Nincaro
So, D.va's new Overwatch skin has made me start to genuinely debate the logistics of unironically having a waifu and going down the dark path that is sure to result from that, which would involve a bit too much facial hair for my tastes in addition to the problem of just being cringeworthy as f*ck in general.

I have both a "waifu" and a "husbando", and while I'm sure some people would probably call me a "cringelord" or what-have-you if they found out, I can assure you facial hair isn't a requirement! And heck, I'll take a couple of newfangled insults if it means I get to have fun browsing the web for pretty art of my favorite characters. It's not like we're hurting anyone -- it's just an amusing, fun little self-aware thing to say and enjoy~

For the record, I really like her new skin, too! I'd totally get a Figma of it.

08/11/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Pellex
Thanks, Hanashi. I finally logged in my Alliance toon today and finished up the WoT to get the hippogriff.

You're super welcome, I'm so glad you got it! Like Eamon said, just doing the one side gets ya both, so enjoy!
So just finished A Good War and... I'd like to see more from this Robert Brooks fellow. He took what I thought was an insane and petty villain turn from Sylvanas and turned it into a calculated strike done after accounting for the changed conditions on the ground. He took the rest of the Horde leadership, who looked like dimwitted yes-men, and through their voice explained how good people could start to see Teldrassil as a necessary evil.

I feel now like my character being unhappy with the direction of the Horde is part of the story, and not just the story rejecting me as a player.
08/11/2018 11:48 PMPosted by Kelrexia
I actually don't even own a tv. I need to handle that soon, before the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy comes out.

If I need to hook up a console or something, I just put into my monitor's secondary input.

I've thought about it. But also, the ol' system has seen better days. It's gotten too slow to even play the PC version of Jurassic World: Evolution. I'm honestly thinking of semi-retiring it, and just using it for WoW. I can get a tv, PS4 (for JWE), and a Switch (for Pokémon) for cheaper than I can get the upgraded system I want.

I just need to find the space. I haven't had a tv in so long, I've colonized all the good spots with aquariums, terrariums, fish bowls, and anything else that can feasibly comfortably house an animal.

08/11/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Ariël

No cheap dvd´s available here in the underworld (A.K.A. LATAM)

There's a certain degree of irony here I can appreciate, since in my particular corner of the U.S., the bootleg dvd market is almost entirely operated by Latin American immigrants (though, the power shifts to Sicilian immigrants as you get closer to the naval base).
#GenocideDidNothingWrong

#GenocideHasFeelingsToo

#GenocideForWarchief2020
08/12/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Fondant
So just finished A Good War and... I'd like to see more from this Robert Brooks fellow. He took what I thought was an insane and petty villain turn from Sylvanas and turned it into a calculated strike done after accounting for the changed conditions on the ground. He took the rest of the Horde leadership, who looked like dimwitted yes-men, and through their voice explained how good people could start to see Teldrassil as a necessary evil.

I feel now like my character being unhappy with the direction of the Horde is part of the story, and not just the story rejecting me as a player.
I wholeheartedly echo the desire for more work from Robert Brooks. I felt that A Good War was the stronger of the two novellas (though, Elegy had its charms). Unfortunately, it also greatly highlighted just how much the War of the Thorns in-game needed more fleshing out.

Nonetheless, I found it to be rather impressive work with how controversial the subject matter is and the prevalent scrutiny surrounding it.
08/12/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Rordren
08/12/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Fondant

I wholeheartedly echo the desire for more work from Robert Brooks. I felt that A Good War was the stronger of the two novellas (though, Elegy had its charms). Unfortunately, it also greatly highlighted just how much the War of the Thorns in-game needed more fleshing out.

Nonetheless, I found it to be rather impressive work with how controversial the subject matter is and the prevalent scrutiny surrounding it.

Robert Brooks also needs someone to update him fully on WoW's Lore so he doesn't cause anymore plot holes like the one involving Malfurion claiming that the Night Elves caused no harm to the Sin'dorei despite the Night Elves spying on them(Robert Brooks himself admitted that was an error).