Quests Missing Bug

Customer Support
1 2 3 7 Next
Yesterday, August 1, we made a hotfix to the game that resulted in an unexpected bug for a small number of players. Those affected lost some or all of the quests from their quest log when they moved into or out of an instance. We quickly discovered the issue and put a stop to it.

The timeframe during which it was possible for players to be affected by this issue was 12:34 p.m. PDT to 2:48 p.m. PDT for Asian realms, and 12:34 p.m. PDT to 4:18 p.m. PDT for Americas and European realms.

If you were in-game during that timeframe, and you lost quests from your quest log due to this bug, you should be able to go to the relevant quest givers and re-accept the quests.

It is possible that you lost quests that can't be re-accepted. These might include multi-week quests, or quests that are no longer available. While we expect that re-accepting most multi-week quests will also restore your progress, it may not. In those cases, we suggest you contact Blizzard Customer Support so that we can look into correcting your character’s quest log.

We apologize for the trouble, and we appreciate your patience as we work to bring affected players back to the adventures they expect to be on.
Thank you!
I was fortunate, but I do feel sad for the lost vanilla quests
I was one of the people who lost all of their quests. I don’t think I lost anything too important, but I also can’t remember what most of the quests were that I had in my journal.

Oh well I guess?
Any way we could get a sticky about this on GD?
1. What if you did not log in yesterday? Are our logs intact? Will they stay that way?
2. If I log in now, on any toon, they will not lose their logs now, right?

I did not play at all yesterday but I am extremely anxious and nervous about logging in on any toon out of fear the quest log has been/will be empty.
08/02/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Sakurä
1. What if you did not log in yesterday? Are our logs intact? Will they stay that way?

I did not play at all yesterday but I am extremely anxious and nervous about logging in on any toon out of fear the quest log has been/will be empty.

If you didn't log in AND zone yesterday, during the window this was an issue, you should be fine.
08/02/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Orlyia

If you didn't log in AND zone yesterday, during the window this was an issue, you should be fine.

Whew! Thanks Orlyia! I have a lot of quests on this toon (my main) that I'd hate to lose, and I was hoping that by not logging in and zoning that it would remain as I left it post-hotfix. But I wanted to double check before logging in. Thanks for the clarification :)
Well, I do not remember all the quests I had. I was in some NPCs that I saw on the map (some I managed to do), but others did not succeed.

=(

The Emerald Nightmare: Piercing the Veil (collect essence 12/30 now 00/30) and i lost my run dungeon (great)

Whispers of a Frightened World Tracking (lost this quest too)

Castle Nath'raxas (lost too) and the NPCs do not appear with a mission
08/02/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Kaivax
you should be able to go to the relevant quest givers and re-accept the quests.

i had 20 quests active at the time, and NO, i dont remember each.
wouldn't be better to restore the characters affected to July 31 when everything was fine?

Btw, small indie company.
What ? What is this ? You lost all our quests? Then you expect us to manually go reaccept all of them per toon ? The heck kinda fix is that?
08/02/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Sakurä

I was playing during that time, and you SHOULD be fine. I'm logging on right now, I'll check my alts. I was only on my main, and noticed all my quests were gone. Figured it was an addon, so tried disabling, but they were still gone. Opened a ticket, then realized it was a bug not affecting only me. Went to accept my quests again, lost them again, and then waited.

Once it was fixed, I was able to accept them, and change zones, and enter/leave dungeons/raids w/o anything dropping again. I will check my other toons now, as they were not logged in during that time.

If all their logs are intact, and they should be, then you should good to go. I'll let you know.
I'm glad they have decided to allow you to ticket this issue. The alternative wasn't going to sit well at all.
08/02/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Sakurä
08/02/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Orlyia

Whew! Thanks Orlyia! I have a lot of quests on this toon (my main) that I'd hate to lose, and I was hoping that by not logging in and zoning that it would remain as I left it post-hotfix. But I wanted to double check before logging in. Thanks for the clarification :)

Confirmed. Checked my alts that didn't log in during that timeframe, and their logs are intact. You're good to go!
Glad it’s fixed. But to bad for the people who lost progression on quests that take days to complete.
Horrible customer service. This game prints money and we're expected to believe you can't restore individual characters' quest logs? That's honestly embarrassing.
You expect us to spend way more time to try to figure out and remember EVERY quest we had and the progression of each? Or is it that you are hoping we don't remember so that you can still be like "oh well, our bad, LOLROFL at your luck"? My quest logs were near full on every character they got deleted on. Why should I have to spend the paid subscription time to fly to each zone of every continent in WoW to try to figure out where they all were, what they all were, and what the progress was?
If you were investigating something that you all thought cost you money, it would be pulling out all stops, do everything within blizzindievisions power to stop it. But since it only affects people who are already subbed and you already have their money, who cares, eh?
08/02/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Auriara
Horrible customer service. This game prints money and we're expected to believe you can't restore individual characters' quest logs? That's honestly embarrassing.

Im honestly surprised they even made another post to remind people it happened. I figured their loss assessment of trying to fix the issue would conclude that it would be less impactful to say they were unable, then let the fire die down and be forgotten.
And if someone cannot recall the NAMES of all the quests we just go roaming hoping for the best to find them again...across 5 plus different zones? Not trying to be an a*& but seriously, not everyone recalls every quest. Further more what about raid quests that required end game bosses to be killed? Will raids be reset or do we also have to wait until Tues now?

I understand it must be frustrating for CS but those with the power should be doing more. A canned, 'Sorry for the inconvenience' seems to be deflection and does not reflect well on CS as a whole.

I guess since you have my money though and my time showing played; the investors are happy so who cares what happened to many of our characters.
Seems all cleared up and safe now? I'll have to give it a try myself and see if all's good.

On an alt, of course, not gonna nosedive right in on main quite yet.
I'm honestly kinda peeved about this, what about all the quests that're unobtainable anymore, I had a lot of quests that were already good to hand in, you guys are able to roll back on comprised accounts whats the difference with this?