Leveling is a joke

General Discussion
Level 56 Warlock killing slower than a level 20 Paladin in Redridge Mountains.

Holy cow, I think I've seen it all. No sense of power progression at all.

I remember when leveling was fun because you actually felt like you were getting stronger. That's no longer the case. Hey Blizzard, can you fix leveling please?
Agree. Leveling in WoW is not fun. It's just a chore. The only challenge is trying not to fall asleep.

Don't really understand the "enjoy the journey types". What is there to enjoy? Unless you like extreme tedium and extreme repetition.

And with BFA's new allied races, leveling again is THE main content of the expansion. WoW doesn't do fun anymore, they just bore you to death.
Bliz nerfed leveling just to make people spend $60 on level boosts. It's just a marketing scheme. They should have never gotten rid of the old dev team.
07/30/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Headcheeze
Bliz nerfed leveling just to make people spend $60 on level boosts. It's just a marketing scheme. They should have never gotten rid of the old dev team.

Sure Jan.

They clearly nerfed it when Allied races came out. Which you can't boost an allied race to get heritage armor so don't you think if they wanted people to buy more boosts they'd let you also get the heritage armor?

I know it's fun to believe in conspiracy theories to make yourself seem like you know something above others, but this whole thing is ridiculous lol
Agree. Leveling in WoW is not fun. It's just a chore. The only challenge is trying not to fall asleep.

Don't really understand the "enjoy the journey types". What is there to enjoy? Unless you like extreme tedium and extreme repetition.

And with BFA's new allied races, leveling again is THE main content of the expansion. WoW doesn't do fun anymore, they just bore you to death.

I enjoyed the content once through... re-reading the same story every time I want a new toon is ridiculous. It is like changing the cover of a book and expecting the story to be different. It is not.
07/30/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Firpo

It was exactly like that in 2005. It hasn't changed in 13 years. What's your problem?

Who ever told you "at every level, everything becomes a little easier"? That's not progression.

Progression is "at every level, you can handle tougher things." It should be harder.
Leveling is a joke

No, jokes are funny. Leveling is not.

Why do you keep repeating that lie? Do YOU use boosts instead of leveling? No. Does everyone you know use them? No. Has the number of people PAYING for boosts gone up in the last 2 weeks? In the last 5 months?

No. It's just a lie someone in the forum invented, to make Blizzard seem "bad".
Yeah, it is pretty awful. I've leveled twice now since the scaling update, and will MAYBE do it one more time for Zandalari, but I am not going to make alts anymore for fun unless there is a new Allied Race I really want badly enough. The level 60-80 stretch is complete misery and kills all my enthusiasm for having alts in this game. I hate to complain, but this is one thing that I just can't stand about the game now, so unless it changes, then it is what it is and I guess I'm done with making alts lol.
07/30/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Karix

It was exactly like that in 2005. It hasn't changed in 13 years. What's your problem?

Who ever told you "at every level, everything becomes a little easier"? That's not progression.

Progression is "at every level, you can handle tougher things." It should be harder.

Sorry but in 2005 and up until the scaling, a lvl 56 could 1 hit redridge mobs. When you kill the same boar over and over and it becomes harder as you level, it doesn't feel right. The same reason I have never beat skyrim before I get bored. When everything levels with me I feel weaker not stronger. Gotten a new character to 49 since yesterday morning, and really not liking the leveling experience.

every thread there is a male night elf in the first 3-ish comments saying something completely clueless and random
07/30/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Karix

Idiot spotted.

Fyi a lvl 56 "back in vanilla" one shotted redridge mobs.

Just stop lying about vanilla being this or that to ... try to gain forum creds I guess? How pathetic can people get?
I've been leveling just as fast in the 50s as I was previously. You're doing something wrong.
From the WarCraft Devs Twitter feed last night:

"We've pushed a hotfix that reduces the amount of XP needed for most levels between 40 and 100. Note that the new required amounts may not always display properly for the time being. We'll have details in the next hotfixes update."

Looks like they're addressing it. We'll see.
07/31/2018 04:49 AMPosted by Theocranos
From the WarCraft Devs Twitter feed last night:

"We've pushed a hotfix that reduces the amount of XP needed for most levels between 40 and 100. Note that the new required amounts may not always display properly for the time being. We'll have details in the next hotfixes update."

Looks like they're addressing it. We'll see.

*holds breath*
We've pushed a hotfix that reduces the amount of XP needed for most levels between 40 and 100. Note that the new required amounts may not always display properly for the time being. We'll have details in the next hotfixes update.

7/30
Melee and spell damage of creatures below level 100 reduced by up to 16%.
Health of creatures between levels 15-100 reduced by up to 24%.

7/27
Vile Tutors’ Shadow Shields no longer shield them too much. Star Augur Etraeus: Frigid Nova no longer inflicts excessive damage. During “Pursuing the Black Harvest”, Kanrethad Ebonlocke’s Excruciating Agony no longer deals excessive damage.

7/26
Enemies who use Ticking Bomb no longer inflict higher damage than intended. Creatures throughout Antorus now deal 10% less damage. Felhounds of Sargeras: Smouldering damage reduced by 65%. Imonar the Soul Hunter:
Several of Imonar's abilities now deal 25% less damage.

7/25
Prince Navarius' Soul Blast no longer deals excessive damage. Felhounds of Sargeras: Shatug's Decay now hits for less damage. Aggramar: Blazing Eruption damage reduced by 20%. Argus the Unmaker: Sentence of Sargeras damage reduced by 30%. Rent Soul damage reduced by 30%. Withering Roots damage reduced by 60%. Blackfathom Deeps: Corrupted Healing Totem no longer excessively heals enemies. Hellfire Citadel: Tyrant Velhari's Aura of Oppression's rate of damage increase has been reduced. Maraudon
Lord Vyletongue's Multishot damage has been reduced. Scarlet Halls: Burning Books damage has been reduced to an appropriate level.

7/24
Slitherblade Myrmidon's Localized Toxin no longer deals excessive amounts of damage. Antorus, the Burning Throne - Felhounds of Sargeras: Singed damage reduced by 75%. Eonar: Strike damage reduced by 60%.
Reduced the health of Fel Hound, Fel Lord, and Felguard. Antoran High Command: Psychic Assault damage stacks less aggressively. Portal Keeper Hasabel: Blazing Imp health reduced by 30%. Imonar: Pulse Grenade damage reduced by 30%. Stasis Trap damage reduced by 30%. Coven of Shivarra: Shadow Blades damage reduced by 50%. Aggramar: Wake of Flame damage reduced by 20%. Auchenai Crypts - Shirrak the Dead Watcher: Carnivorous Bite now does considerably less damage. Blackrock Depths: Reduced General Angerforge's attack damage. Reduced Fineous Darkvire's attack damage.
Blackwing Lair - Ebonroc: Shadow of Ebonroc no longer heals for excessive amounts. Dire Maul: Reduced the damage done by Gordok Reavers summoned by Captain Kromcrush. Forge of Souls: Reduced Bronjahm's damage and the damage increase done by Magic's Bane to casters. Halls of Origination: Reduced Anhurr's Divine Reckoning damage.

7/23

And the list goes on and on and on.... I wonder just how weaksauce Blizzard has to make the leveling process before the tears stop falling. Friggin' millennials expect everything to be handed to them.
making a post complaining about leveling, ie playing the game, is a joke.
You're talking out of your #$$, those changes were made to fix broken levels of damage that weren't squished properly. Had nothing to do with 'catering to casuals'.

Also:

"The experience required to level has been lowered for all levels from 40-100. The reduction averages 14% between levels 60-80, with smaller reductions at other levels."

Happy with that!

I'll just use 1 example to debunk this:

That's why they lock the heritage armor behind levelling from 20-110/120 right? Not really a boost friendly feature right there LOL, go away with your conspiracy theories and paranoia!