Possible plot twist? (pure speculation)

General Discussion
How plausible is it that Queen Azshara has discovered a way to either control or manipulate Sylvanas in some capacity? I had read she is undisputed most powerful Highborne Elf to have ever lived?

Not trying to tinfoil hat too much but Queen Azshara is the next cartoon to come out right? Wonder if she will played a bigger role in the events at darkshore than we might have first thought.
That is the most Day Time Soap Opera answer to all this ever and if they go that route then they could truly be pegged for lazy writing.
Highly unlikely thinking the devs would actually add a twist.

Here is how it's going to go down

Sylvanas will do more bad stuff

Alliance get fed up some horde get fed up we secretly plot to overththrow sylvanas

Sylvanas becomes a raid boss

She loses stands trial in Argus she escapes and we travel to a alternate norrthrend were sylvanas and arthas team up then illidam comes back
I never said it wasn't lazy writing. I was bringing it as a possibility. Plus WoWs story has been soap opera since like Frozen Throne ended
07/31/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Ripley

Alliance get fed up some horde get fed up we secretly plot to overththrow sylvanas

She loses stands trial in Argus she escapes and we travel to a alternate norrthrend were sylvanas and arthas team up then illidam comes back

That last bit sounds... horrifying lol
Nah, the villain must accept villainy to prevent an even greater villain from rising.
Do you trust your leaders? Have you been denied intelligence that would salve your conscience?. Something about need to know and all that. I do not have your angst.

Bring me my Pirate Queen soon. I have been ready to kill things and take their stuff since she raised her flagship.
I don't see how Blizzard can walk this all back without it being even worse.

Sylvanas is the antagonist in this story.

We kill antagonists.
Or maybe Calia will light forge her and she comes back to her senses and leads the charge against the Void Lords at Anduin's side. Kerrigan 2.0 :)
07/31/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Ripley

if sylvanas gets booted out of the horde, im leaving the horde too.

Forsaken for third faction!
IMO, one of the reasons the conclusion to the War of Thorns is problematic is because it closes down the possibility of alternative (or additional) narrative threads going forward. Of course we were always going to have the war, but now the war is *all* we're going to get in BfA.

I still think the best option Blizz had, in terms of keeping all their narrative options open, was for Teldrassil to be burnt down by the agent of some new existential threat, but Sylvanas is caught in situ and is (unfairly) blamed. That way, they could have done the Alliance quests (and cut scenes) in such a way as to leave Sylvanas's guilt fairly obvious (even though it's not true).

Of course, the Horde is still the aggressor in the war, so there will still be a war going forward. But you could have little teasers all the way through BfA that there was some big new existential threat, and its agents were going around sowing discord between Alliance and Horde. Because that actually makes a lot of sense. Having seen the Alliance and Horde band together to defeat previous existential threats, of course the first thing any new 'big baddie' would do is set the Alliance and Horde at each other's throats.

And you don't even have to deal with that existential threat in BfA. That could be for the xpac after BfA. BfA itself could still be about the faction war, and about how to end it when a whole stack of people either become sick of it, or begin to suspect that there's a third party playing both sides off against each other.

I'm reminded a little of the Minbari-Earth War in Babylon 5. There's a moment when even the Minbari, their victory assured, become tired of the slaughter and are desperately, desperately trying to find a way NOT to wipe out the entire Human race. They want to find a way out of a war *that they're winning*. That kind of moment would have been brilliant in BfA.
Horde Denial is a Strong Force indeed.
I'll be even more angry than I am now.
I don't think the war is all we are going to get. Don't forget about Magni and the Azerite necklace. The war is a perfect distraction for other things to take place.

I really feel the adventurers are the only ones who have a chance at seeing past the war.

I kind of hope we get a Sylvanas / Jaina showdown, though.