it's gone from bad to worse

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I am honestly embarrassed for Blizzard.
This pre patch is one of the saddest and lamest in WoW's history.
There is absolutely nothing to do once you completed the 5 mins scenarios. The new world quests are a constant repeats and always award the same freaking gear. In addition, somehow they NEVER award mastery which makes me wonder if Blizzard is getting rid of Mastery in BFA.

overall, I am very disappointed in Blizzard. Compared to Legion pre-patch, BFA pre-patch is very sad and embarrassing joke.

I just don't understand how a billion dollar company with massive production budgets put out such an underwhelming and boring content. The only hope left for me is that BFA will be better.
From a rumor I heard, they didn't like players using Legion's pre-patch invasions as ways of leveling and gearing up, so they made sure that wasn't repeated. I honestly don't understand why they refuse to make it fun for players.
You clearly didnt play when Dragon Soul was the active patch.
Was there literally anything to do in any other prepatch besides Legions?

People have whack memories
08/01/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Patchs

If you raise the bar, you have to be prepared for the criticism when you don't reach the bar next time.

Will give you a pass on the bar metaphor though. Imagine gnomes have a tough time with it. /s
I quit during wrath and came back for legion, so I only have legion as a reference to compare to.
my point is, when you raise the bar so high (legion), you should keep it that way, not sink down like the titanic.
08/01/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Vennir
08/01/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Patchs

If you raise the bar, you have to be prepared for the criticism when you don't reach the bar next time.

Will give you a pass on the bar metaphor though. Imagine gnomes have a tough time with it. /s
Okay RUDE
I grieve for you.
08/01/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Gormash
I quit during wrath and came back for legion, so I only have legion as a reference to compare to.
my point is, when you raise the bar so high (legion), you should keep it that way, not sink down like the titanic.
Legion's bar wasn't raised in terms of fun that much.

It was in terms of convenience. And in my opinion, it was far too convenient.
08/01/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Gormash
There is absolutely nothing to do once you completed the 5 mins scenarios. The new world quests are a constant repeats and always award the same freaking gear. In addition, somehow they NEVER award mastery which makes me wonder if Blizzard is getting rid of Mastery in BFA.

overall, I am very disappointed in Blizzard. Compared to Legion pre-patch, BFA pre-patch is very sad and embarrassing joke.

I just don't understand how a billion dollar company with massive production budgets put out such an underwhelming and boring content. The only hope left for me is that BFA will be better.

For a moment after I saw this post I was like "Wait, when tf did I post this?!" Then I re-read the name. lol
Yes. It seems your memory is weak.

Legion invasions in a bunch of zones, Deathwing burning entire zones randomly, scourage invasions, etc.

This is the weakest, and smallest effort I’ve ever seen for an expansion launch.
Only reason for me to do dark shore wq would be if my pally or shammy saw a shield which I've heard some have, but I have not.
08/01/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Newadus
Only reason for me to do dark shore wq would be if my pally or shammy saw a shield which I've heard some have, but I have not.

Nah, shields don't exist. Instead, you get two quests for the same 1-handed sword. On your Paladin. Because dual-wield. Wait...
The most controversial pre patch was 3.0

Ret paladins were gods. Plus the scourge invasion event made major cities uninhabitable. The backlash was so extreme that the event was cancelled after only 4 days.

Its called smallest effort required to keep players playing.

Pretty sure the MoP and WoD ones were worse.
People sure have a !@#$ memory these days.

The Legion pre-patch was, "fun" because you could level up alts at lightning speeds. After the initial fun factor of the invasions wore off, they began to become very stale and boring after doing them 20 times on one character.

I had fun doing them, but mainly because of how fast I was leveling my characters. Sure, it was fun fighting the Legion armies, but it was monotonous and repetitive as anything else once you did it the first 10 to 20 times.

It's a pre-patch, it's not meant to have hours of unending content to do.

The Broken SHore scenario, as fun as it was, once you did it once, it was boring and long to do on alts for the weapons.

That's what the expansion is for.

It's always been like this. Always.
08/01/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Archanfel

And aren’t those considered some of the worst expansions?
If these pre-patch exclusive events are the only reason you're logging in then maybe take a break? Shouldn't be a crime that they aren't vomiting content on you constantly. It's not like there isn't existing content to do or complete.

Even considering what they did for legion pre-patch, its not that much different. Sure, you could level toons ez mode, but thats not really "content" as people have been describing it was just a convenience. Everything else was rather empty for the legion pre-patch plenty of aesthetic i guess but eh.

People seriously act like they should have gotten a new zone, raid, and tier with this pre-patch like wtf?
08/01/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Stormcrowë
<span class="truncated">...</span>

And aren’t those considered some of the worst expansions?

MoP was good, great to some. Bad if you had inesecurities derived from playing an expansion that had pandas in it.