Sylvanas has brought out the Evil in the Horde

General Discussion
Yes you know who you are revelling in the deaths of innocent nightelfs. Laughing and making jokes about the burning of Teldrassil. And when we show our tears you make mockery of us and want to destroy more.

More than that when people on your own side are reeling from the genocide being committed you call them cowards and traitors.

We fought the monsters together but little did we know that more terrible monsters awaited us ones we could not see.

I only see more congratulatory behaviour than I do of regret.

Blindly following your evil maniacal warchief with glee and song will take you down a dark path, from which there is no return.
08/01/2018 03:02 AMPosted by Swannsong
Blindly following your evil maniacal warchief with glee and song will take you down a dark path, from which there is no return.

Might as well enjoy the ride though.
And when we show our tears you make mockery of us and want to destroy more.

Both sides do this to the other. Horde, Alliance, it doesn't matter. Both sides will do this and have done this.

I still find it a pity that so many cheer Sylvanas, though. What bothers me is that some of them played Warcraft III and still think the way they do.
08/01/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Shogah
And when we show our tears you make mockery of us and want to destroy more.

Both sides do this to the other. Horde, Alliance, it doesn't matter. Both sides will do this and have done this.

I still find it a pity that so many cheer Sylvanas, though. What bothers me is that some of them played Warcraft III and still think the way they do.

I haven't been cheering her on but I'm mostly baffled by why people are so shocked she did what she did. Summermoon struck a bit of a nerve (though with good intentons) and Sylvanas overreacted a bit. And by a bit I mean a lot. Even Nathanos seemed a little confused.

Sylvanas is prone to rash decision making because of who she is and what she has been through. I'm not saying she is right or wrong in her actions, but if people really knew her character then they might have a bit more of an understanding.
Well theres no way back for Sylvanas. I can't see any other future for her other than being hunted by the alliance or usurped by the horde. In both cases she will meet the true death.
08/01/2018 03:11 AMPosted by Kentaurus
08/01/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Shogah

I haven't been cheering her on but I'm mostly baffled by why people are so shocked she did what she did. Summermoon struck a bit of a nerve (though with good intentons) and Sylvanas overreacted a bit. And by a bit I mean a lot. Even Nathanos seemed a little confused.

Sylvanas is prone to rash decision making because of who she is and what she has been through. I'm not saying she is right or wrong in her actions, but if people really knew her character then they might have a bit more of an understanding.

I know she's had moments of weakness, but to be that casually unhinged is a little unlike her. And to give up such a powerful strategic position for the sake of proving a point to a dying Night Elf? I know she's power-drunk but I didn't think she'd take it that far over a trifle.

Could I see her putting Teldrassil to the flame? Easily.

Do I agree with how the situation was brought about? No. It's too weak for her character.
And a sudden plunge in a sullen swell
Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell…

Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum!
Well you do know even Saurfang was doing dishonorable things.

(AKA interfering in a battle between leaders, hitting someone from behind...so on)

So can't expect much from the horde anymore they are corrupted not by demon blood this time but by their own actions.

No more excuses available.
Have you ever stopped to think that it’s a computer game and people are just having fun
Yes you know who you are revelling in the deaths of innocent nightelfs. Laughing and making jokes about the burning of Teldrassil. And when we show our tears you make mockery of us and want to destroy more.

More than that when people on your own side are reeling from the genocide being committed you call them cowards and traitors.

We fought the monsters together but little did we know that more terrible monsters awaited us ones we could not see.

I only see more congratulatory behaviour than I do of regret.

You realize this is a game right? Your not a nightelf, calm ur !@#$ over the burning tree
Seriously wouldn’t call burning the tree evil; spiteful, yes. Good panic tactic.

Really can’t see how horde (pc or otherwise) are evil for following orders. Civvies are always a calculated casualty unfortunately in war campaigns.

Preeeettty certain ally attacks have taken non combatant lives as well. Lots. This just feels darker because we see it
08/01/2018 04:42 AMPosted by Kelleth
Seriously wouldn’t call burning the tree evil; spiteful, yes. Good panic tactic.

i dunno man, she did it with the knowledge that she'd be killing thousands of people, at least 1000. she did it literally to "kill hope". that's like prime saturday morning cartoon villain territory
Well it is just a game, with ongoing plot. If no one does extreme stuff it gets dull. Horde/ally war had very little substance in the grand scheme of things, so now its more exciting. I hope this thread is just rp because if not...
I couldn't care less about Teldrassil burning in and of itself, I'm more annoyed that Sylvanas was directly behind it because she's been my favorite faction leader for years, and them continuing to bump off Horde leadership for the lulz / as a plot device is getting old.

It's probably just "Oh man look how bad stuff is, maybe this will be the catalyst for green Jesus coming back to lead"

Really can’t see how horde (pc or otherwise) are evil for following orders. Civvies are always a calculated casualty unfortunately in war campaigns.

Preeeettty certain ally attacks have taken non combatant lives as well. Lots. This just feels darker because we see it

This is basically Taurajo for the Ally side. You guys just get to watch it in real time rather than ghostly flashback.

So Malfurion better come out saying it was 'a strategic military target' like they forced Baine to.

That currently makes the score: 3:1 as we also did Theramore and Gilneas. Come BoL it will beeee: 3:3. (Ally destroy Brill along with UC.)

So we'll be even.

Seriously I'm ticked that I was told this would be gray and I'd get a twist. In Beta I knew gray was out, but now they took my twist away. Sylvanas doing it was the most pathetically clichéd and expected thing EVER!!! I WAS ROBBED DAMNIT!!!

Bad writing abounds in this questlibe, Ally side too, what the freaking heck Tyrande? Running off with your husband to hide rather than staying with your ppl???

1) Burning the tree wasn't evil, it was spiteful. Killing thousands of innocent civilians is evil.

2) *insert Godwin's Law invocation here* Following orders can absolutely result in a moral crisis.

3) Is this about Taurajo? It's about Taurajo, isn't it. You're comparing Taurajo to Teldrassil, I bet. Alliance didn't even kill civilians in Taurajo, it was the Quilboar, for which the Alliance didn't account.

Sylvanas is evil and her Horde is evil. Saurfang needs to nut up, stop moping in a prison cell (next week), and walk the walk.
Dont get why ppl are over reacting so much, Its a WAR GAME!

Fools all who do, what did you think you were role playing at???

What do you you think those button smashing for a guy swinging a sword, axe, mace, are?? you are playing at killing people and its no different than playing call of duty.

You may pretend you are a hero and defend and bla bla bla bla... Killing demons and things that are heroic are like 20% of the game most of the WoW content involves killing humanoid species. Didnt you ever stop and think there would be screams and blood and pain? that if real someone would beg you for mercy but you would have to kill them anyway cause they could recover and kill you a friend? Just look at the button names and it will come to you: Incinerate, execute, Internal Bleeding dots, DRAIN LIFE!...

While I understand your point, its really not just a tree though is it? Its sort of what's left of the moonwell unless I'm confused on the lore. Nordrassil's seed planted in what remained of the moonwell to form Teldrassil right? Or am I confused? Wouldn't that make Teldrassil the equivalent of the Belf Sunwell?
08/01/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Syltura
It's probably just "Oh man look how bad stuff is, maybe this will be the catalyst for green Jesus coming back to lead"

Thrall will make a glorious return, warmly greet his family, and assess the state of the Horde and say, "What the %&*# did you people do?!" He will then throw up his hands and leave.
you assume we follow blindly? LMAO ok no not blindly openly knowing how shes like fully embracing the complete domination destruction and deaths of the alliance. I have always hated the alliance since Warcraft 2.