Loyalty has got me nothing. The new guy gets everything????

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
I GET YOUR POINTS !! wow....just wow. no pun intended. goodbye cartoon world.
The new guy doesn't get Battle for Azeroth (EDIT: unless he also forks out "at least $60"). Nor can he EVER go back and have those 10 years of entertainment, of accessing the latest content at the time it was released.
New guy also gets a nerfed game and very little new content with no real emotive play other than fights and insults. There hasn't been any real content added since MoPandaria. I am seriously waiting on WoW Classic.
08/01/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Kalistima
I have been playing Wow now for over 10 years. Pretty much since Burning Crusade. Paid my 16 bucks a month and bought every addon since. That's over $2000. Some guy walks in and gets everything for $16 a month!!!??? And the loyal guy has to fork out at least $60 for the newest grind fest!!!!???? It don't seem right. Its not. Especially since I'm lucky to get 5-10 hours a month in. Months have gone by where I wasn't ever even on. What say you Blizzard???? How is that right? Do the right thing and also make the latest add on free at least for people who have subscribed faithfully for 5 years. It wouldn't kill you and it might feel good. Or not that it matters I am done. Sad, but done.
Where have you been? They've been rolling the old expansions into the Battlechest for years. It's a little odd for you to start complaining about it now.

Blizzard is not responsible for you paying for your subscription and not logging in, nor do they owe you for any of it. Any more than you can get a refund from your cable company for the time you are not watching it.

What is right? Pay for the expansion like everyone else.
Where on earth did you get the idea that new players got BfA for free? That's not even remotely true at all. They have to buy it just like everyone else and pay the 16 a month sub as well.

Sincerely hope you don't truly quit playing over a misunderstanding. Not the best way to end it all.
So you are complaining about $5-$20 that the war chest cost that included the base game and all xpacs upto the current one AND a free month? If anything a ton of people are now paying more because you could often get the war chest for less then a month's sub.

Edit: If you started in BC you also most likely didn't pay the full amount for the base game.
You went to see every movie in a series in theaters across several years, bought popcorn/snacks/etc with them, went with your friends, had a good time.

Now someone can buy the Blu Ray Box Set for less than you spent seeing the movies over the years and you're upset?
I mean yeah blizz should treat its die hard customers like gold but I dont see an issue with this specific thing.
Only thing I agree with is I think they should add some sorta loyalty thing, but I doubt they'd do it for old subscribers who stayed subbed for a decade off and on. I'd like them to do what others have done or like FFXIV where if you sub for 6 months, you get something. Even if it's 6 months without unsubbing.

Like twitch where you get to keep your badge to places you sub to. Or just as long as you are subbed for 6 months, then do it at every half year. Could be a pet, mount, BMAH chest, something.
You needa chill Sugar, otherwise ya gunna melt!
FF14 tried a 'loyal subber' program and it got kind of ridiculous for newer players so they nerfed it. (FOUR YEARS FOR A COSMETIC ARMOR SET)

For WoW though, what is with people being outraged for Blizzard encouraging new people to get into the game?

It's a sub based game, subscription entertainment, that is what you signed up for, access to the game is what you got, working as intended.
08/01/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Hamstar
Edit: If you started in BC you also most likely didn't pay the full amount for the base game.

When I started in BC, I got the base game for about 20 bucks and BC for half off, so I can verify that this process has been standard since the first expansion.
I have been playing Wow now for over 10 years. Pretty much since Burning Crusade. Paid my 16 bucks a month and bought every addon since. That's over $2000. Some guy walks in and gets everything for $16 a month!!!??? And the loyal guy has to fork out at least $60 for the newest grind fest!!!!???? It don't seem right. Its not. Especially since I'm lucky to get 5-10 hours a month in. Months have gone by where I wasn't ever even on. What say you Blizzard???? How is that right? Do the right thing and also make the latest add on free at least for people who have subscribed faithfully for 5 years. It wouldn't kill you and it might feel good. Or not that it matters I am done. Sad, but done.
I've paid out more than you because from the start of classic on, I held open 2 accounts, up until Legion. (I canceled my 2nd after Warlords partially due to Warlords and partially just due to how stupid they have been with the excessive and ridiculous timegating they have put on flight).

And you know what?

I consider the long term entertainment I've gotten from this game over the last 14 years to have been worth all the pennies I've shelled out for it.

The new guy missed the experiences I've got, and missed out on some truly wonderful stuff. No xpack is the same once it's over, it's basically a vacated shell of itself, that you never truly get to experience in its full glory. But I got to experience them all when they were relevant, and that was worth what I've paid to Blizzard over the years.

So, no, they aren't charging people full price for the vacated shells of themselves the old now defunct xpacks are. They are only charging for the latest content where they are putting all their time. That seems fair to me. The only thing I hope is that this isn't the start into a downward trend of the game becoming free -to-play because that would become its death knell like it has been for so many other games. But as long as it's a paid game for new content, I hope that's enough to keep it going and keep good development going on (even if I'm skeptical of what they just did with Sylvanas and Teldrassil story-wise).
Its always been that way in business. Look at how many "New" customer offers company offer and offer nothing in return to loyal customers. Its all about new money.
New people don't get the title I have or feats of strength I gave

Have*
Did you not get 10 years of a game that you enjoyed?

wait...didn`t you get to play the game for 10 years? experienced events and quests and thousands of hour of fun that the new guy won`t get?

not to say that a lot of the old content for the new guy is old and unappealing but it has new and fun for you.
I never said new players should get it for nothing. I said I think long time players and payers should and I stand by that. Or something. I mean come on? Someone who had paid like $2000 so far must hear me. I have been playing for so long I don't see it as anymore than a giant update for a company raking in 100s of millions. Microsoft did it with Windows 10 and it actually helped their bottom line. Why not Blizzard? . I guess I'm a Trumper at a Bernie Sanders event. And don't compare it to cable. That's lame.
Well Mr. Burning Crusade, I've been playing since 90 days after launch. I still have my Rokdelar bow on my Hunter, and my Warlock has the 28 slot soul shard bag. It's okay, you don't need to know what a soul shard bag is. Just know that it was a thing.

And I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything. I paid for a service, and I got that service. Nothing was promised beyond my daily gameplay, for which I was very rarely let down.

I was there, Gandalf, when the might of Warriors fell. I was there when Rogues ruled all. I was there when Warlocks were mushrooms.

And I would do it all again.

So no, the new guy can have his "discount" of all previous content being free, because he'll never know the joy of doing that content when it mattered most.
08/01/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Kitharis
Did you not get 10 years of a game that you enjoyed?
Absolutely. But since they are doing something new for comebacks and new people they should throw us old timers a bone too.