Darkmoon Faire skill ups?

General Discussion
They should just let you have 5 points skill up for each expansion profession at the same time. Its only once a month anyways.
Ok, took my 76 paladin to the Faire.

Good news is that I am still getting a nice chunk of exp for the tradeskill quests, about 18k which is 3/4ths a bub or thereabouts. I did get 5 point skill up in Archaeology (up to 460) but I got no skill ups in my Cata level mining (2/75). Couldn't find a way to look to see if I got any skill ups in my Northrend level mining.

Edit: Fishing truly sucks now, at least with a Cata level (1/75 plus 7 points for lure on pole). Probably not going to do it much longer with no daggermaw and no skill ups yet. Edit part 2, ok I got one fish after about 20 casts. Put on my fishing cap and got the remaining 4 pretty quickly. Didn't really keep track of the garbage but somewhere around 35 casts and no skill ups.

No skill up for cata level fishing after quest turn in.
08/05/2018 05:06 AMPosted by Aganaum
I finish the quest and at turn in looking forward to the ding of max skill. But nothing happened, I got the tolen and the gold but no skill up.

Me too. My 90 inscription remained 90 after completing the quest.
I think the Faire could use another overhaul.
I also just noticed the Cooking Dailies in Org and SW require Cata Cooking. There goes my EZ XP.
08/05/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Zootzoot
I also just noticed the Cooking Dailies in Org and SW require Cata Cooking. There goes my EZ XP.

Couldn't have people get leveling up via cooking and fishing quests could they ? Although I thought I did that this morning on my lvl 42 and it worked fine.
08/05/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Verla
08/05/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Zootzoot

Couldn't have people get leveling up via cooking and fishing quests could they ? Although I thought I did that this morning on my lvl 42 and it worked fine.

I was wrong. Some weirdness with an addon. I turned everything off and they were available.
Same here. Fishing is broken AF. One of my toons has "draenor" fishing but fished up mostly garbage at DMF AND received no skill ups from the fishing or the quest. Cooking, same story.

It's clear this wasn't tested.

I'm also really unhappy with how the bonuses apply to fishing - the worm supreme can't be used until I hit 100 draenor fishing and the sharpened hook only nets me +9 fishing skill.

This needs addressed...
08/05/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Zootzoot
I was wrong. Some weirdness with an addon. I turned everything off and they were available.

Just tried the Thunder Bluff cooking daily with the 76 paly. With Cata level skills you get no skill ups for the turn in. I did get exp and rep. Not bothering with the fishing.

I'll bring up a couple more 70ish characters that haven't maxed out their WOTLK level skills. I don't think they have anyway...
I suggest submitting bugs for all of these issues. I just submitted two - one for fishing (which is a wretched experience now) and one for the skill ups at the Darkmoon Faire.
Yep my mage needed only 3 pts for cooking and I did cooking with her today and didn't get any skill pts on cooking or Enchanting...I still have few alts that could of used these points today...
May want to hold off doing any more of these profession quests until we get a fix - and everyone should submit bug reports so it gets noticed.
How was it not predicted that the faire fishing would be messed up? There were tons of other fishing bugs when the patch went live that they fixed that were related to needing super high fishing skill that you don't have anymore. Come on now.
if they hot fix it. they better reset the quest.
08/05/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Degame
if they hot fix it. they better reset the quest.

Or just give us credit for the points retroactively.

I just did this on a character who was maxed on all the previous expansions to see what would happen in that case, but the points still didn't apply to her Legion crafting.

I am going to submit a bug report as another poster suggested and not do any more of these until this is fixed.
08/05/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Hanso
How was it not predicted that the faire fishing would be messed up? There were tons of other fishing bugs when the patch went live that they fixed that were related to needing super high fishing skill that you don't have anymore. Come on now.

Maybe because they knew DMF was coming and would have the same issues?
Huh it's like they never got feedback on this issue before patch went live oh wait: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765117655

I really hope this isn't intended Blizz or I'm going to be very upset.
Thanks for being a testomer* and checking this out for me!

Now I don't have to worry about rotating through Darkmoon Faire this month to pick up the 5 pt skillups! So that's a couple of hours I can spend outside!

* testomer = customer + tester ; For cheap Quality Assurance on all of your SW projects!
this post got shoved to the back quick.
Ok, so I logged in one of my alts to check out the Faire. This is 72 hunter, had Northrend level skinning (70/75) and Leatherworking (1/75 Northrend and 66/75 Outland).

As with the cata level skill character earlier, exp was still good(better part of a bub) but got 0 skill ups at any level on both professions.

So looks like only original vanilla level skills get boosts(??). I might have a character with skills/levels low enough to verify you still get base points. I'll edit this post if I do.

Edit: Level 20 shaman got her skill ups for all her under 300 skills (haven't done fishing yet though). Experience was huge! Like 2.5 bubs.