Wow is done!

General Discussion
Oh look a WoW doomsayer... This is a first.
08/04/2018 03:46 AMPosted by Darkchilly
Saying that I didn't have any idea what I was doing during classic and BC...
Did any of us? I have vague memories of running around with Spirit gear, but had no idea how mp5 or hit worked. At least everyone else was in the same boat so we didn't feel bad about it.

08/04/2018 04:05 AMPosted by Hadrimmdar
It's a video game
A video game that has been a large and prominent part of many of our lives for well over a decade. I've spent almost half my life playing WoW, and in many ways it has defined who I am. It's understandable for players in that situation to be sad to see a game that was once a project of love become nothing more than a money machine headed by a corporate lawyer.

08/04/2018 04:21 AMPosted by Patchs
WoW was always about the money; any game of its size and magnitude has to be to even get investment.
The difference was that Blizzard once had a policy of "Making games great". Their focus was on producing very high quality games with a reasonably broad appeal, and they knew that by making those high-quality games people would flock to them. It is why for a very long time, Blizzard had one of the best reputations in the gaming industry. Their attitude over the years seems to have shifted, and it seems that profit is a now a higher priority than reputation or the players hence their larger focus on things such as esports. 10-15 years ago, no way would Blizzard have released unfinished beta-quality products such as Overwatch or the disastrous D3.
08/04/2018 04:33 AMPosted by Killtron
Oh look a WoW doomsayer... This is a first.

WoW died in BC when they gave shamans to the Alliance and paladins to the Horde. WoW died in Wrath when they introduced achievements and pet battles for the kiddies and DKs for the edgelords. WoW died in Cata when they introduced LFR. WoW died in MoP when they introduced pandas. WoW died in WoD when they did the stat squish and introduced mission tables. WoW died in Legion when they reworked every class by pruning ablilities, introduced WQs, and gave us artifact weapons that would only be useful for a limited time.

WoW has more lives than a suicidal cat.
08/04/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Xbob
08/04/2018 02:43 AMPosted by Woodspath
14 years

6675 achievement points

9 forum posts

I've never understood why people bring up achievements. My achievements are pretty low because I just don't care about them. Then again, I also stick around for about half of each expansion, and skipped MoP and WoD completely, but still.

Its numbers man. You played enough to realize that RPGs in general are just about numbers and how the person with more numbers are better than the others.

But it also gives a false sense of what the player actually experienced on the game.

My name is Rednas and that was mmorpgs 101. 'till the next one folks.
08/04/2018 01:58 AMPosted by Traptt
Classes are boring now after legion and all we are getting this xpac is pretty much a pruned legion with new zones to be able to go level in and not earn new talents or skills. Azerite traits look boring as well. Not much incentive for me to continue to play to 120.Sure wish we could have gotten something much more unique.O well I guess you got to hang it up at some point.14 years is a long time.

Why announce this? Just leave.
Classes are boring now after legion and all we are getting this xpac is pretty much a pruned legion with new zones to be able to go level in and not earn new talents or skills. Azerite traits look boring as well. Not much incentive for me to continue to play to 120.Sure wish we could have gotten something much more unique.O well I guess you got to hang it up at some point.14 years is a long time.

BFA hasn't even hit yet...and...wow...Not Sunday? damn now I am really not sure whats going on!
08/04/2018 04:55 AMPosted by Angronn

Why announce this? Just leave.

Why not announce it?

Why shouldn't he express his feelings towards the game?
I will give you that hunter is kind of boring. I haven't tried survival yet though and I have heard good things about it.

Mage, besides arcane, really didn't change much. GCD didn't even touch fire.

My prot Paladino feels slower than he felt before with the GCD changes, but is still fun to play.
Remember back when WoW died when Burning Crusade launched? That was fun
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Achievement points have never indicated anything beyond who has more time to waste in their lives

Chiff vs Oneohhone
<No Dice> <The Ashes Of Teldrassil>
110 Gnome Mage 101 Undead Rogue
8940 21545

So true. Totally agree I have no life I find aspects of the game I want to do but I still feel I havent even scratched the surface of some of the aspects the game has to offer so when someone like OP claims they can't find anything in the game that makes them happy with their 6675. I think they should take a break from WoW to refocus what they want out of a game and their leisure time and not over exaggerate with [quote]
Wow is done!

Congrats on wasting your time farming meaningless points and having more than I do. Do you also brag about your Reddit karma? There being a lot of achievements to waste your time grinding doesn't mean this game has a lot to do if you don't care about that facet of gameplay.

Btw you realise this game was around for many years before achievements even existed, right?
You don’t raid.
You don’t run dungeons.
You don’t farm achievements.
You barely PvP.
You don’t collect battle pets.
You don’t collect mounts.
You maybe collect some transmog?

Unless you’re a really dedicated RP’er, I’m not really sure what you’re looking for or getting out of WoW.
08/04/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Chiff
Btw you realise this game was around for many years before achievements even existed, right?

Achievements killed WoW.
08/04/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Crowlay
08/04/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Chiff

Achievements killed WoW.

This person gets it.
You gotta realize I have a life and a job plus I could care less about achievements.When I did most of the hardcore raids molten core/onyxia/Ahn' Qiraj/Zul Gurub achievements weren't even a thing in wow.I really did enjoy legion a lot but BFA just seems like a step way back.
Can't wait for classic!
14 years

6675 achievement points

9 forum posts

"But but but I've been playing since Vanilla!!1"
08/04/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Xbob
I've never understood why people bring up achievements. My achievements are pretty low because I just don't care about them. Then again, I also stick around for about half of each expansion, and skipped MoP and WoD completely, but still.
Because it is a metric of how much you have engaged with the game.
08/04/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Chiff
Achievement points have never indicated anything beyond who has more time to waste in their lives

Seeing as you have under 9k, one can ascertain you've wasted only an exceedingly trivial portion of yours.
08/04/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Chiff
14 years

6675 achievement points

9 forum posts

Well, since WoW is a deliberate time sink, I'm not sure why anyone with no spare time would even play it.
08/04/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Traptt
You gotta realize I have a life and a job plus I could care less about achievements.

We don't care that you don't care.