Changes for MM

Hunter
So i see a lot of complaints about MM. Some of which are small things that could be fixed by numbers tuning, but others are on a mechanical level.

After playing around on both the Beta and Live, i would like to leave some feedback and possible changes to the spec i feel would improve the flow. So here we go!

1. Remove the charges/cooldown for Aimed Shot. I know the focus was to remove the dependence on it, but i will give reasons in later points.

2. Make Rapid Fire into a talent and replace it with Chimera Shot. I feel like these both fit the same niche, but Chimera would simply do a better job and here's why. Rapid Fire needs several talents and cooldowns to make it worth using over AS. Taking Both Streamline and Double Tap are both required to make it feel good to use, where as Chimera Shot would do it's damage upfront and feel more impactful.

3. Remove the Careful Aim talent and replace it with Kill Shot. Careful Aim is a balancing problem and giving us an iconic ability would feel more interesting as a whole.

4. Increase Arcane Shots base damage. Right now the spec feels waaaay too dependent on using Double Tap to do damage and when our burst window is down, we feel weak due to our low sustained damage.

5. Trueshot is removed as a cooldown and returns as Trueshot Aura. A passive in the spec that gives everyone in the party a ranged damage bonus.

6. In Trueshots place, give us Aspect of the Fox. A dps cooldown with a small cooldown (maybe 30 or 45 seconds) that allows us to move while casting Aimed Shot. This would free up the "Turret" feel of the spec.

These are some suggestions on making the spec feel better.
Also add in Tranq Shot as an ability that activates with Lone Wolf present so we actually bring something that BM/SV don't have.
Tranq Shot, and remove aimed shot cooldown to me are a must.
The aura is a wonderful idea as well
We should be given Kill shot back IMO
I would also like to see all traps baseline, and all stings baseline again... but i wont hold my breath
This guy gets it. What ive saying. Mm just dosnt feel complete. With trueshot the way it is it dosnt like its worth a 3 min cd. Better off being how it was in wrath. My favorite mm hunter was wrath. Trueshot og rapidfire and readiness
We need a CD though? like i get the aspect of the Fox, but that's similar to SV's Aspect of the Eagle; a CD used to do DPS on the move. Honestly i'd love Legion TS, Haste, Crit dmg/percentage idk. CDs make a Spec for me, and not having one that's worthwhile kills it.
08/06/2018 12:45 AMPosted by Leethunter
We need a CD though? like i get the aspect of the Fox, but that's similar to SV's Aspect of the Eagle; a CD used to do DPS on the move. Honestly i'd love Legion TS, Haste, Crit dmg/percentage idk. CDs make a Spec for me, and not having one that's worthwhile kills it.

The problem isn't that Trueshot only gives haste, the problem is that the way the spec is designed, it can't do anything with it. Its almost meaningless. You get faster Aimed Shot for a few second, but you don't have any Aimed Shots to cast. Maybe you shave half a second off of a couple Aimed, but then what?

If the spec benefited from haste in some synergistic way it could be perfectly fine as it is, but it doesn't, so its not. Now if it gave haste, took away the CD on Aimed, and reduced its focus cost, that might be something.
I agree with all of these. I can't stomach playing MM right now becasue of how lackluster and terrible it feels. From a damage perspective, and a general gameplay perspective.

Trying to get off AS in pvp is horrible with all the melee mongoloids smashing against your face, with all their gap closers also I can barley get away to do anything.

if I managed to get off a 2.7 sec cast I want to be rewarded. If not, change the gameplay. I've never wanted ranged SV style back more than this xpac. BFA MM is actually worse the legion.

I'm just happy SV is so good, otherwise I wouldn't know what to do except find a new main
You’re not looking at the spec in a wholistic way. If these suggestions were added, the spec would be a bit more of a cluster!@#$ than it already is due to the decreased focus regen and more things to spend it on.

Also, charges on aimed shot is good. It means we don’t have to cast it much.

The problem is that too much damage is tied to it and it takes away anything meaningful between casts of it realistically.

Reduce cast time on aimed to 2s, reduce cast time on steady to 1.5s, Remove rapid fire, increase steady shot focus gen, remove precise shots and buff arcane damage. Put LnL + range as mastery and adjust damage to balance out and you’ve got a decent baseline (if a bit boring.) spec.
08/06/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Lekai
You’re not looking at the spec in a wholistic way. If these suggestions were added, the spec would be a bit more of a cluster!@#$ than it already is due to the decreased focus regen and more things to spend it on.

How so? This is how the spec functioned before Legion and MM mains used to love it.

08/06/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Lekai
The problem is that too much damage is tied to it and it takes away anything meaningful between casts of it realistically.

That's why i said we should have Kill Shot and Chimera. Both are higher damage than Aimed Shot.
Best thing they could do is throw the entire re-work into the garbage can and either implement Legion MM, which everyone just "thought" was bad and actually turned out to be very fun and viable, or start over. I loved it! This new playstyle/talent combination is just trash period. It's too slow and puts out very underwhelming damage with zero mobility. I don't know why they completely re-worked something that wasn't really broken. Now, MM isn't viable for any aspect of the game unless you want to be non-competitive.
Also if they could scale its damage so that it isn't getting beasted on the charts so easily by bm and sv that'd be great.
08/05/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Floplag
Tranq Shot, and remove aimed shot cooldown to me are a must.
The aura is a wonderful idea as well
We should be given Kill shot back IMO
I would also like to see all traps baseline, and all stings baseline again... but i wont hold my breath

Since pets have tranq shot if they put it back in for mm they'd force them not to have a pet or reintroduce the 18% lone wolf damage buff making having a pet a big dps decrease.
How so? This is how the spec functioned before Legion and MM mains used to love it.

As far as I can remember, Aimed Shot had a CD in every version of the game until Legion. Taking the CD off Aimed Shot slowed the spec down to a standstill (literally). It was the second worst decision they made in the Legion "iteration" (or as I call it "devestation").

This is the main problem that I have with what you have stated as a solution. Its a TERRIBLE idea to take Aimed Shot off its CD. Instead, we need another filler spender, like Arcane Shot. It just needs to be worth casting OUTSIDE of Precise Shots, which is why I have been BEGGING for Precise Shots removal since the first day they put it in.

In addition to making Arcane Shot feel like it isn't worth casting by itself, Precise Shots also puts more damage into Aimed Shot (because Precise Shots is really just Aimed Shot damage in disguise). It is a terrible mechanic, and like Careful Aim, needs to be removed.
As an addendum to my post above, we also need ANOTHER filler spender, in addition to Aimed Shot and Arcane Shot. Either something like Chimera Shot on a ~10s CD that hits hard and bypasses armor, or Marked Shot, that is reactionary and goes off about as often (and preferably also bypasses armor). In this respect, I agree with the OP.

I just wanted to make it clear I did not think that Arcane and Aimed by themselves were sufficient spenders for the spec to feel good, since I did not do so in my post above.
08/05/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Kolbain
6. In Trueshots place, give us Aspect of the Fox. A dps cooldown with a small cooldown (maybe 30 or 45 seconds) that allows us to move while casting Aimed Shot. This would free up the "Turret" feel of the spec.

I like having at least one effective PVP shot even if we have to stand still for it - assuming the incoming nerfs are cancelled or severely toned down.

We can cast rapid, arcane, steady, and plenty of other shots while moving. The current spec really has very good mobility after an aimed shot opener.
08/07/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Masoschism
As an addendum to my post above, we also need ANOTHER filler spender, in addition to Aimed Shot and Arcane Shot. Either something like Chimera Shot on a ~10s CD that hits hard and bypasses armor, or Marked Shot, that is reactionary and goes off about as often (and preferably also bypasses armor). In this respect, I agree with the OP.

I just wanted to make it clear I did not think that Arcane and Aimed by themselves were sufficient spenders for the spec to feel good, since I did not do so in my post above.

I wholly agree with you on that. Having Rapid Fire is nice, something i've wanted for a very long time but it shouldn't take the place of our "nukes." Chimera Shot was a good ability to fill that gap, as it was a spender that did huge damage and gave us something to hit besides Arcane Shot, meanwhile Kill Shot would be our priority skill during the execute phase and would overtake Aimed Shot.

With this current iteration, it feels like it could almost be there, but still needs more work. The rotations not satisfying enough once our burst window is down.
The spec needs chimera and killshot back baseline. I would also like our focus regeneration to be returned to Legion levels and remove SS. I also don't like a charge of AiS being tied to True Shot, I like being able to use a dps cool down on pull if we hero. Right now, the spec feels slow, clunky, and boring.