MM Hunters Lacking Utility

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
As a big fan of M+, I’m concerned that compared to many DPS specs, MM Hunters won’t be a preferred option for M+ keys in the higher end. I’m not someone who pushed M+ in Legion but plan to attempt it in BFA with the improved rewards. And I’d love to do so on my MM Hunter but with the removal of our Tranqulizing Shot and the DPS boost of Lone Wolf, our actual utility is lacking BFA.

Compare to Boomkin:
- Off Healing/tanking capabilities
- Brez
- Interrupt
- AoE Silence
- Talented Knockback vs Single target stun
- Enrage Dispel
- Friendly Dispel
- Roots
- Hibernate
- High survivability with Barkskin/Bear form

MM Hunter (with Lone Wolf):
- Interrupt
- 3 Slows/1 knockback (Bursting Shot, Concussive Shot, Tar Trap)
- Talented Root vs. Mobility
- Misdirect
- 1 immunity and 20% DR
- Feign Death

The problem is that in the preferred state of MM Hunter for M+, we are lacking something that stands out. The goal for all classes was to bring a specific utility that made the class worth it in the long run. Misdirect is the only thing we bring that feels unique.

I believe we need to have Tranq Shot back baseline to even out our utility kit since both BM and SV get a single target stun with Intimidation. That would even us out with the two other specs and with other DPS.

Let me know your thoughts, cheers!
08/04/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Juxt
As a big fan of M+, I’m concerned that compared to many DPS specs, MM Hunters won’t be a preferred option for M+ keys in the higher end. I’m not someone who pushed M+ in Legion but plan to attempt it in BFA with the improved rewards. And I’d love to do so on my MM Hunter but with the removal of our Tranqulizing Shot and the DPS boost of Lone Wolf, our actual utility is lacking BFA.

Compare to Boomkin:
- Off Healing/tanking capabilities
- Brez
- Interrupt
- AoE Silence
- Talented Knockback vs Single target stun
- Enrage Dispel
- Friendly Dispel
- Roots
- Hibernate
- High survivability with Barkskin/Bear form

MM Hunter (with Lone Wolf):
- Interrupt
- 3 Slows/1 knockback (Bursting Shot, Concussive Shot, Tar Trap)
- Talented Root vs. Mobility
- Misdirect
- 1 immunity and 20% DR
- Feign Death

The problem is that in the preferred state of MM Hunter for M+, we are lacking something that stands out. The goal for all classes was to bring a specific utility that made the class worth it in the long run. Misdirect is the only thing we bring that feels unique.

I believe we need to have Tranq Shot back baseline to even out our utility kit since both BM and SV get a single target stun with Intimidation. That would even us out with the two other specs and with other DPS.

Let me know your thoughts, cheers!

Don't compare to moonkin, even mage will suffice.

Mage brings:

-The same Heroism you do
- Spammable CC unlike your freezing trap which has a CD.
- AoE freeze (incapacitate) with ring of frost.
- spellsteal
- 10% main stat buff to casters, which is insane.
- low cd AoE root in frost nova
- Blizzard/Cone of Cold slows packs of mobs by 65% for your tank to kite during necrotic/raging/bolstering week.

- Double your immunity since ice block can be used twice with cold snap.

All while having massively better aoe, single target, and cleave DPS.

They did jack!@#$ to address class disparities in utilities.

Mages and rogues still have the most of it.

You complain about moonkin, but don't look at feral druids who have neither solar beam or treants.

You also separated interrupt with silence when solarbeam is their only spell lockout at 1 minute cd.

And you called Barkskin, one of the weakest defensive cd's in the game at 20% DR for 10 sec every 1 minute, strong survivability.

They also can't offheal/offtank, don't know what you're smoking because that has never been possible in M+.
08/04/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Tinieblas
You complain about moonkin, but don't look at feral druids who have neither solar beam or treants.

You also separated interrupt with silence when solarbeam is their only spell lockout at 1 minute cd.

And you called Barkskin, one of the weakest defensive cd's in the game at 20% DR for 10 sec every 1 minute, strong survivability.

They also can't offheal/offtank, don't know what you're smoking because that has never been possible in M+.

Valid criticisms, but Barkskin and Bear Form = above average survivability, Solar Beam is the only AoE silence in-game with the change to Arcane Torrent.
And yes, if talented, they have access to Wild Growth, Rejuv, and Swiftmend to improve healing and help support their healer. And in a pinch, a Druid can swap into Bear form for a bit of help with tanking.
use a pet theres ur Intimidate
08/04/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Rambunxious
use a pet theres ur Intimidate

Pets do not bring Intimidate for MM.
08/04/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Juxt
08/04/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Tinieblas

Valid criticisms, but Barkskin and Bear Form = above average survivability, Solar Beam is the only AoE silence in-game with the change to Arcane Torrent.
And yes, if talented, they have access to Wild Growth, Rejuv, and Swiftmend to improve healing and help support their healer. And in a pinch, a Druid can swap into Bear form for a bit of help with tanking.

I don't think you've played moonkin if you think resto affinity is offhealing.

An ele shaman spamming healing surge has more HPS than a moonkin who had to pay a talent to have rejuvenation casting Regrowth+Rejuv.

In fact, Healing Surge does more HPS than regrowth by a mile despite the fact one spell has a portion of its power delayed as a HoT.

Moonkin healing is atrocious.
08/04/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Tinieblas
08/04/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Juxt

I don't think you've played moonkin if you think resto affinity is offhealing.

An ele shaman spamming healing surge has more HPS than a moonkin who had to pay a talent to have rejuvenation casting Regrowth+Rejuv.

In fact, Healing Surge does more HPS than regrowth by a mile despite the fact one spell has a portion of its power delayed as a HoT.

Moonkin healing is atrocious.

But the possibility is there. There is the utility of HAVING offhealing capabilities since they use your extra mana bar. I never suggested that they are able to completely take over the role of healing or tanking. Just that the ability to throw some heals out is there. I'm sure you can agree with that fact.
Wild growth actually does great healing @ 120 as boomy
Solar beam is not the only AoE silence btw, Sigil of Silence exists too, and DH will probably be the best M+ tank due to their CC and having a 5% magic damage buff on the whole party.
08/04/2018 08:16 PMPosted by Laotl
Solar beam is not the only AoE silence btw, Sigil of Silence exists too, and DH will probably be the best M+ tank due to their CC and having a 5% magic damage buff on the whole party.

Nope, will still be BDK thanks to the power of gorefiend's which is still a better sigil of chains, and BDK has much better self sustain and emergency cd's after the massive nerfs to VDH's self-healing.

Havoc DH is really strong right now anyways so it will be a havoc DH that will be brought for chaos brand debuff and they also bring a 45 sec cd 2 sec stun, imprison, and potent burst aoe on Demonic build on top of a ranged interrupt and now a spell steal as well.