It's all about server faction balance.

General Discussion
No matter how I look at it, I just keep seeing that Blizzard is doing their best to break the morale of Horde players and get them to paid faction change. We all know Horde dominate the majority of servers. How else do you get people to switch sides? I know, make their faction out to be murders of women and children.

I don't really care if you try to make the Alliance look evil later, Horde threw the first stone, but instead of a stone they threw a boulder. Even if you make it out that Sylvanas was under duress, was under control of the Old gods, or even the Lich King you still had players participate in extreme evil, with no way of saying "Hell NO!".

I'm tired of being forced into "blindly follow evil orders" or "don't get to progress in the game". People have a conscious and I think it's wrong on the Developers and Blizzards part not to give a second moral option.
There are quite a lot of quests which require morally questionable actions to be taken by the character in order to make any progress.

Take the entire Death Knight starting quest, namely where you have to kill an old time friend with your own hands (no way around this) to even get past the starting zone.

Other examples include the Legion engineering questline, at one point where you have to actually lie to progress further.

Except here it's not just class-specific or quest-specific, it's the entire faction - and on a larger/more aggravated scale.
08/04/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Fynster
There are quite a lot of quests which require morally questionable actions to be taken by the character in order to make any progress.

Take the entire Death Knight starting quest, namely where you have to kill an old time friend with your own hands (no way around this) to even get past the starting zone.

Other examples include the Legion engineering questline, at one point where you have to actually lie to progress further.

Except here it's not just class-specific or quest-specific, it's the entire faction - and on a larger/more aggravated scale.

Ya, but those were mainly something both sides had to do right? This is one side committing !@#$ or Vlad the Impaler like crime. "Oh you'll never lose hope eh? What about when I burn your children and loved ones to death?"
Outside of the forums I haven't encountered a single person who has actually transferred factions because of this. Considering everyone has capped toons all over the place anyway it's kind of on you for not eating the whole cake you pay monthly for.
I hope the small minority of people who have never enjoyed the Alliance experience before have a good time, but just know it's silly so dedicate so much of your time and emotional energy to keep yourself locked on one side of the game. This goes for Ride or Die Alliance as well.
08/04/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Tea
Outside of the forums I haven't encountered a single person who has actually transferred factions because of this. Considering everyone has capped toons all over the place anyway it's kind of on you for not eating the whole cake you pay monthly for.
I hope the small minority of people who have never enjoyed the Alliance experience before have a good time, but just know it's silly so dedicate so much of your time and emotional energy to keep yourself locked on one side of the game. This goes for Ride or Die Alliance as well.

It will certainly affect new players and how they perceive the factions. But how many people do you actually know anyways? I know multiple people that were playing horde last year and are now playing Alliance. I know people that used their insta level up to change factions.