Live Class Tuning Aug. 7

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
Toons I play:
Destruction loc:
We need desperately for Conflagrate/Backdraft to revert to how it was before 8.0.1.
Soul link shield is very poor and with loss of dmg reduction after a life tap, it is greatly affecting the overall dmg we take during a fight, and our survivabilty.
AoE is useless in current design due to low dmg from RoF and/or loss of the backdraft charges for incinerate.

Blood DK.:
Rune regen is very poor, to the point at times you may not have an available ability to use. Bone shield is still under performing

Frost Mage. Overall, ok. But proc rate for BF and GCD has had an impact over longer fights.

Classes I do not play:
Warrior tanks are under tuned and sit at the bottom of the tank pile with Blood DK's currently. They need some love.

Elemental Shamans. You have pages of feedback on the forums regarding this class. I suggest you read them before live release.

Rogues and Ret Pallys. Whilst these 2 classes were performing decent, the community would rather have you left what works, and fix what's broken. Obviously, I am not the spokesman for the community, I merely say this after reading feedback and forums. Do you?

Communication and Interaction. Promises were made by Lore Feb 9,2017, on behalf of Blizzard to improve communication and feedback.
I quote
"1) Increased Blizzard presence on the PTR forums at least 10-fold compared to 7.1.5
2) Added the Class Development forum to discuss changes that aren't necessarily tied to the PTR
3) More than tripled the frequency of responses via @WarcraftDevs compared to the 7.1.5 timeframe
4) Re-introduced the PTR Patch Notes
5) Started posting PTR Development Notes to give insight into what each build is bringing
6) Made significant changes to Community team structure, and formed a team dedicated entirely to developer communications (on the PTR and Class Development forums, that's Kaivax and me)
7) Revamped several of our internal feedback delivery processes to make sure that when you post something, the developers see it
8) Significantly increased the rate of communication between our Community and development teams, so that CM's can be much more informed on the changes to the game (and take on more of the burden of communication ourselves)"

You seem to have severely failed on these promises and have a very short time to turn it around.
You may be able to ease and divert attention away with discussion about the lore, or the release of the latest CGI, storyboard, flipboard, crayon drawing or whatever.
But once the patch lands and the dust settles, it will be the overall feeling of play and how quickly and efficiently you deal with issues that this patch will be judged by.

TL:DR Fix my loc. Respond to my tweets.
give demon hunters an execute

yeet
I love all these people crying for shaman and lock buffs but if you actually play the beta you’d know they in a pretty decent spot dps wise. Demo might need a slight buff but destro and afflic are sitting as the better ranged dps. If anything mages and balance are the ones who need the buffs. The ret, rogue and ww nerfs just hit all the top dps specs so everyone should be decently balanced come uldir except maybe fire mages, mm and balance.
08/07/2018 02:12 AMPosted by Äwake
I love all these people crying for shaman and lock buffs but if you actually play the beta you’d know they in a pretty decent spot dps wise. Demo might need a slight buff but destro and afflic are sitting as the better ranged dps. If anything mages and balance are the ones who need the buffs. The ret, rogue and ww nerfs just hit all the top dps specs so everyone should be decently balanced come uldir except maybe fire mages, mm and balance.

1, this is about pre-patch and not maxlevel and right now they both succ

2. It is not so much about theoverall number, but rather: the damage distribution between the spells is dogsh1t. Nothing deals damage but ES and if that doesn't crit you sit there like "yea, good thing i just build up to that one spell the last 20 seconds"

3. The actual work on shamans has been pushed back AGAIN. That makes it the third expansion in a row, that the shaman specs are not being worked on by release and you expect us to sit here calmy, when we are being overlooked in a hotfix for a time, when we actually are suffering? sorry, but my patience with this company is really running thin at this point. if this game did not have the warcraft name on it and i haven't had my friends, oh hell my sub would be down the sh1tter ages ago

and i just wanna recall, the last time someone said "shamans are fine" in beta, we ended up underperforming hard and this had to happen:
November 25:
Shaman
General
Chain Lightning's damage has been increased by 20%.
Lava Burst's (Elemental, Restoration) damage has been increased by 35%.
Lava Burst now has a chance equal to the character's Critical Strike chance to trigger an additional Multistrike. This is separate from the standard two chances for Lava Burst to Multistrike; one Lava Burst could trigger up to three Multistrikes (two standard Multistrikes, plus one more from Critical Strike chance).
Enhancement
Lava Lash's damage has been increased by 20%.
Stormstrike's damage has been increased by 20%.

Hotfix of December 8:
Shaman
General
Chain Lightning's damage has increased by 10%.
Lava Burst's (Elemental, Restoration) damage has increased by 10%.
Lightning Bolt's damage has increased by 10%.
Elemental
Earthquake's damage has increased by 10%.
Lava Beam's damage has increased by 10%.
Enhancement
Lava Lash's damage has increased by 20%.
Stormstrike's damage has increased by 20%.
Restoration
Restorative Waves now increases all healing done by 30% (up from 25%).
Talents
Elemental Blast's damage has increased by 10%.

That was in warlords.
/emote grabs some popcorn.
08/07/2018 02:12 AMPosted by Äwake

I'd like to know what changes from 110-120 that makes Elemental's damage so much better.
08/06/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Ruvin
08/06/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Besheke
Maybe this has to do, in part, with the new "Warmode" feature. We will all be leveling again, and since Warmode is a 10% boost, they want it to be tempting. As much as they can anyway.

The few instances of Warmode I have tried has been mostly roving swarms of rogues, monks, ret pallies, and of course warriors.

Better they start adjustments now I suppose, then when people hit 120.

Honestly, I expect more to come as time progresses.

Warmode is for people who want to PvP, not people who want leveling bonuses. If you don't want to PvP, do not enable warmode. It's not there to make people level faster, contrary to what General Discussion believes.

Well yeah, that's why it shouldn't give you anything for turning it on. Not talents, not extra exp or extra resources. Then you can have people who just want to PvP.
However wait I know what you'll say! Then they wouldn't do it because it costs them! Which according to you would be fine because you're all there to PvP!
Only if there were only the people who wanted to PvP turning on warmode it wouldn't be at all popular would it?
The fact that the bribe is even there muddies the waters, ask blizzard to remove it so that you can see how popular it is in reality.
08/07/2018 02:09 AMPosted by Ichorthirst
give demon hunters an execute

yeet

????????

DH is fine where it is tbh, I'm actually surprised we haven't been nerfed,
What a crock, why bother playing?
I actually played an Elemental Shaman in Alpha and Beta to level 120 and geared him and in no form are they ok or in a decent spot.

After the nerfs to our damage aura, Flame Shock required for Lava Burst to crit reversion, High Voltage chance reduced we went from very low to bottem of the barrel.

At level 110 we do ok thanks to high stats from end of the expansion gear but at 120 without the high secondary stats we have no damage, no mobility, and no survivability.
08/06/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Falgrem
That 4% will really help when a rogue kills me in 2 seconds kappa

Now it'll take us 2.08 seconds.
I am really glad they did something with resto which was the best feeling shaman spec. Ele and enhance are fine as long as you like just throwing limp noodle lightning bolts and small rocks that are called lava bursts at the boss and then when you finally get enough maelstrom you razzmatazz the boss with fulimination as ele. And then on enhance you just hit ALL THE BUTTONS and feel great until you realize that you are doing poop damage with all that effort. Thanks for taking !@#$% slapping thrall to the next level just like in SoO when Garrosh is like, get out of here baddie.
So I'm scrolling through.. Shadow Word Pain, Shadowfiend, and Mindbender are all shared between Disc and Shadow, and I'm hearing they were all nerfed for shadow as well.

Looking through wowhead database, and I noticed that spec auras do not affect pets. How are pets shared across specs kept seperated damage wise without auras affecting them while using the same spell ID?
08/06/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Kaivax
With regular weekly maintenance in each region, starting in the Americas region tomorrow morning, we're making some adjustments to several specs to address balance issues in the Pre-Patch.

we're making some adjustments to several specs to address balance issues in the Pre-Patch.

to address balance issues in the Pre-Patch.

...you wait until a week before Pre-patch is over to address balance issues in the pre-patch? Does that mean you're going to undo these changes next week? Otherwise, I'm confused by this statement.
08/06/2018 09:21 PMPosted by Nirùh
blizz: we can't have paladins hitting good OH no no no no no no...

Ret need more nerfs than that be serious way to much damage atm.

PS- Resto Druid needs some nerfs and lets work on how obnoxious Boomkin is thanks.
08/07/2018 05:30 AMPosted by Lucavius
With regular weekly maintenance in each region, starting in the Americas region tomorrow morning, we're making some adjustments to several specs to address balance issues in the Pre-Patch.

we're making some adjustments to several specs to address balance issues in the Pre-Patch.

...you wait until a week before Pre-patch is over to address balance issues in the pre-patch? Does that mean you're going to undo these changes next week? Otherwise, I'm confused by this statement.

You do make a point
08/07/2018 05:30 AMPosted by Lucavius

Haha yeah, that's a very good question. I don't really care about any of the changes, but the timing is bizarre.
Ok what about Demo? Demo its really fun spec to play now compare to Demo in legion. Demo's damage is terrible and only dps for locks is really good so far is Affliction.
Interesting time to do class balances. One week before bfa launches? I guess they wanted a home run to cement the prepatch as one of their worse in their history...ok
You nerf rogues but not locks......ok....