wheres my agro?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I just did a Dungeon as a tank, mind you I am not new to tanking just been a while. All I can say is where is my agro? heck even the healer was pulling agro off me and all he was doing is healing so what does one have to do to keep agro now was hoping to get back into tanking but after today I don't think I will
You need to do 1/4 of the damage of your dps to keep agro.

Gear and spec for aoe burst dmg and be ready to taunt a lot if your gear is much lower than the party average.
boa gear, and taunt and con was always on cd could not spam it fast enough

I was bottom dps hum should I drop this boa gear?
Every tank has a button that hits like a freight train, that is on a smallish-medium cooldown. Yours is avengers shield, which yours is the added benefit of bouncing onto multiple targets. Also SotR deals pretty good off the GCD AE damage.

And my paladin has a CD of Conc of 3 seconds, and it lasts 12. There's no reason to hit it on cooldown. You're losing threat because you can't be carried by an overpowered threat modifier anymore. The reason why your damage is so low is because Conc doesn't do much damage, and if you continually use it when you don't need to as opposed to hammer or judgement, then yeah you're going to lose threat. My Paladin is 80, and I'm having 0 issues generating or maintaining threat.
don't Hammer of righteous work with con? tool tip says it does so drop con and hit avenger, then shield then hammer, and still they just pass right r=through and go for the healer

and all the while everyone else is taking damage....

this is from both a dis priest heals and prot tank I ran 8 dungeons on my dis priest and every one was tanking damage and if I healed anyone other than the tank I would get all the agro…. most of the time I could heal through it got many praises for my healing but wipes,,,, that is why I switch to tank thought maybe they just bad tanks but its not its the agro problem....
Things have been wonky since the patch .Low level dungeons especially.Hopefully it will get sorted soon,for now,until you get a bit higher,maybe ask them to hold off on dps and even tossing heals until you group them up.I mean,you know that won't always work,but at least then it's their fault.
ya there's something going on for sure thanks for the feedback
Tank threat was nerfed a bit but it shouldn't be a problem.

Don't use consecration on CD, it doesn't stack anymore. They lowered the CD and increased the duration so that if it's off CD and you need to move you can and you can place it again, but no need to spam it, just track it.
08/03/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Dalles
Things have been wonky since the patch .Low level dungeons especially.Hopefully it will get sorted soon,for now,until you get a bit higher,maybe ask them to hold off on dps and even tossing heals until you group them up.I mean,you know that won't always work,but at least then it's their fault.

If a tank is nearly the same ilvl and uses their skills and talents well, they will hold agro.

However, that is probably a lot to ask of low level random queues.

Be ready to react to some craziness.
08/03/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Panaceum
08/03/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Dalles

If a tank is nearly the same ilvl and uses their skills and talents well, they will hold agro.

However, that is probably a lot to ask of low level random queues.

Be ready to react to some craziness.

They will hold agro,but there are a lot of new players right now,and they aren't used to waiting for the tank to get agro. It will get better,they will learn not to run up and pop everything before the tank hits things.
08/03/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Manthuur
don't Hammer of righteous work with con? tool tip says it does so drop con and hit avenger, then shield then hammer, and still they just pass right r=through and go for the healer

It does, but that doesn't matter for initial threat.

Avengers Shield is more than enough to pick up initial threat regardless. If you have stragglers or have mobs that are running to you after throwing your shield, you press conc, and then immediately hit your hammer. If it's a 4 pull, the one target that's not hit by your AS you hit judgment on it to generate initial threat.

Doing a rotation to maximize DPS =\= generating initial threat

08/03/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Panaceum

This isn't true.

You will do about 1\2 the DPS of a DPS player. You don't have to play well to hold threat. Every taunt debuff comes with it a 500% additional threat modifier for the person that presses taunt. You will NEVER lose threat to a DPS unless you're mindlessly pressing buttons and having 0 regards to how you're going to set up the next pull or next add wave.

If the DPS have 1\3 threat on the threat chase, there's no reason for a Warrior to press Dragon Roar if it's off CD when a set of adds are spawning in 20 seconds.
well I do use taunt, as, con, hammer while con and still my target agros someone else and if the healer heals him the healer then gets the agro. I am not new to tanking use to be pretty good but whatever they changed is not working for me as a tank or heals :(
I'm with this dude, something's a little strange with threat scaling. I'm also levelling a paladin and was chaining some dungeons with a priest friend, both of us ~55ish. We were both the same level, he was playing shadow, and I tanked like... 4 or 5 dungeons without issue. Our other friend joins, levelling up a new toon from 15, and the priest changes to holy and we all queue for a couple of dungeons. Deadmines and RFC, I could not keep threat off my priest. Conc on the ground, Avengers shielding on CD, taunting on CD, Blessed Hammer constantly spinning around. There would be points in boss fights where he would suddenly pull threat like 75% of the way through the fight. Didn't have much of an issue keeping threat from the dps, as most of them were in the level 10's and 20's.

TLDR;
Threat scaling is kinda broked
I've not experienced these problems and certainly not at low level where I am always top dps by a mile.

In general, the threat changes mean one thing. You need to beat the dps to the pack and hit them with your best global immediately.

This means any set up should be done prepull of any trash.

For example, wings is now on the gcd. Use it as you are running in.
While you are running hit them with avenger shield global 1 then judgement global 2. At the same time, provided you are in range, hit them with shield of the righteous as it's off the gcd and an aoe now.

Conventional wisdom will say to use consecrate asap but this is the worst threat global you can do.

Also, remember taunt gives you a massive buff to the threat you do for a few seconds so make sure you time that well.

Taunt plus judgment and shield of the righteous in one global will mean you have threat for the rest of time.
Taunt only increased threat against the one target. It would be nice if the 3 sec % bonus was AoE.
I've been levelling a warrior just cause (lightforged dranei) and I don't know if I'm constantly grouped with bad dps, but I'm frequently top or near top of DPS on AoE pulls. I use thunderclap almost on CD, dragon's roar once I got it, revenge when I got procs, and tabbed through targets if I needed to.

For paladin use avenger's shield right away, as someone else said. I'd save judgement until after you SotR so you get the CD reduction but that's up to you. Don't forget that your shield of the righteous is AoE now so that can be used for tons of threat.

One more thing, if you run a DPS meter if you've noticed a large part of your damage comes from melee (white swings) so it might actually be worth your time tab targetting just to white hit a variety of mobs.

Also as a tank mark your target with a skull (you can do this with a macro if you want) so that everyone's focussing the same target (in theory anyways, people usually don't because they're dumb, but that's another topic).

One final note: I've started using the threat meter omen. I find this useful as I tab through targets and if I see a DPS high on threat I'll taunt and hit them with a hard-hitting ability (shield bash, if i was paladin I'd use avenger's shield or judgement). Save your taunt for when your ability is coming off CD, taunt, and watch your threat skyrocket.